Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

Appropriate for Mature Readers. May contain mild violence, language, and/or suggestive themes.

Check out these tales of terror and read if you dare. And there will be more chills to come.

Note- These scary tales will not have an ending, but to let readers think what's going to happen next.

Note- These stories are rewritten into novel format. To check out the original series, click the links on my blog, Impersonator's Fan-Fic Library.

No Caption Provided

So Scary- The Hitchhiker

It was a long road for the husband and his wife. Dark at night, they could barely see a damn thing, except for the road ahead of them. A radio spilled out the news of some deranged lunatic, running among a peaceful hometown. The husband grew tired of hearing it.

The wife had a fair share of waiting to get back home right after dinner. She had fun with her husband during the night at some Greek restaurant. It was their tenth, wedding anniversary.

“That was nice,” the wife said. The husband didn’t seem to notice her as he drove into the night. He heard her though, but didn’t feel the need to tell it. Of course, he had fun.

“Yeah,” the husband said. “It was...” He stared at the moon as if it followed him while driving. He switched the radio to a different station. The 70s music came out.

His wife didn’t mind the music. Although, she wished he could speak to her more often. It wasn’t like he had to hide something from her.

The husband kept driving until he noticed a man standing, and waving at him and his wife. It seems that the stranger wanted a ride.

“Oh dear,” the wife said. “He’s all alone in this time of night.”

“You’re not thinking what I’m thinking,” the husband said. He wasn’t used to taking strangers along for the ride. But the wife really felt sorry for him.

“I think we should stop here and pick him up.”

“Are you crazy?” This time the husband turned towards his wife. “We don’t know who...”

“Oh shush,” His wife stopped him. “Just drop him off to a safe place. How hard it could be?”

This was the reason why the husband didn’t talk to her much. All the time in the world, she had been naive; not noticing what will come next. For all he knew, she could do something like this, so stupid. He felt disappointed. Sometimes, he wondered why he had married her.

“Alright,” The husband sighed. “Just this time. Okay?”

The wife smiled and the husband stopped his car.

The hitchhiker walked to the car, smiling and felt the relief that someone had finally noticed his waving. He’s been standing here, alone on the road for long hours. He was a man of 40s, sort of shaggy looking. His jeans were half-torn and the shoes were sort of crumpled.

“Oh, thank you,” The hitchhiker said. “It’s so damn cold in here.”

“Get in,” the husband said. Whoever you are.

The hitchhiker got back in the car. Without looking at him, the husband turned the engine on and drove ahead.

“So...where are you heading?” The wife turned back a little to see the hitchhiker.

“The gas station,” the hitchhiker said. “Just drop me there, so I can go on my own.”

“I see,” the wife said. She turned towards her husband, who doesn’t seem to care where the hitchhiker is going. Once the trip is done, he and his wife can go back home.

“That’s some nice music,” the hitchhiker listened to the radio. The wife turned back and smiled.

“Yes, it’s the 70s. For some reason, my husband here changed the station.”

“You into 70s, man?” The hitchhiker asked the husband.

“Yeah...sure.” The husband still didn’t care. He only changed the radio station, so that he could forget the news about a deranged lunatic.

While driving, a siren erupted somewhere on the road. It was the cop, who caught the husband’s car.

“$h!t,” the husband said. He knew that he was driving at the posted, speed limit. But it was too dark at night and the speed sign can be seen barely.

The husband stopped the car, waiting for another damn ticket.

The cop got out of his car and looked at them.

“Is there a problem, officer?” The husband felt embarrassed.

“Yeah,” the officer said. “I wanted to know where you’re heading off to at this time of night.”

“Oh, officer,” the wife spoke for her husband. “We just saw this man, who was waiting for a ride. He was tired, alone in the dark. So I asked my husband to pick him up.”

The cop looked at the backseat. There was some confusion in his eyes.

“Umm...” the cop paused for a minute. “There’s no one in your backseat.”

“What?” The husband said, as he turned around and saw the hitchhiker was gone. The wife did the same and gasped.

“But officer...” the wife was confused too. She was sure that the hitchhiker got inside the back of the car. There was no way that he could get out easily. The husband would have noticed it.

“I’m sorry, ma’am,” the cop said. “No hitchhiker. I suggest you get back home, safe and sound. Got that?”

The husband and his wife nodded slowly. At least, the husband felt relieved that he didn’t drive over the speed limit. But the strange thing never occurred to him that the hitchhiker was actually gone, just like that.

The cop left and the husband continued driving.

“That was...odd,” the wife said. “We’re so sure that he was back there.”

“Yeah,” the husband said. “It must be the drinks.”

The wife thought about it too. But she recalled that that she and her husband didn’t drink too much wine. Besides, it was just one glass.

“Oh well,” the husband said. “Time to go home.” The night was still dark and there wasn’t anything to be seen, until one man had been seen waving.

“What the...”the husband felt the chill in his bones. “Is that who I think it is?”

“Oh my Lord...” the wife gasped again. She couldn’t believe it too. It was the same hitchhiker waiting for a ride.

Next Story- The Call.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edited.

kenshiroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

For some reason I've thought that the Hitchhiker like Indrid Cold, aka The Grinning Man or the Mothman are avatars of Lovecraft’s Nyarlathotep outer god. Extra-dimensional beings which feed on fear, madness, despair, hopelessness and human horror in general. Good read!

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For some reason I've thought that the Hitchhiker like Indrid Cold, aka The Grinning Man or the Mothman are avatars of Lovecraft’s Nyarlathotep outer god. Extra-dimensional beings which feed on fear, madness, despair, hopelessness and human horror in general. Good read!

Hmm...I've never thought of that.

Thanks for the read.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This one wasn't as scary as the other ones, mainly because at the end there is the very rational solution. Maybe the guy got off because he was scared of the cops, and tried to hitch on again. He could be that lunatic.

Hmm, I see. You could be right though. However, the hitchhiker got away from the car that easily. The husband and his wife would have heard or noticed some sound of the door being opened. Either the hitchhiker was a ghost or a hallucination.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers