SBS #6 - Voting Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Edited By cbishop

Alright, it's voting time again! The contest this time was based on "Major Tom," by Peter Schilling:

The Song:

Here's the song we had to work with:

The story had to be based on the song in some way- either based on some aspect of the lyrics, or simply on the title.

And here's the stories we got from it:

Blacksmith_99: The Journal of Major Tom

"I hate this place! It is so cold! When are we going to find this spacecraft?" - says Jeremiah

"I have no idea, Jeremiah. It can take hours, minutes, seconds or we could find it right now." - says Carlos

"Hey guys! I found it!" - shouts Damian

The date is 21st of January of 1984, four explorers (Carlos, Jeremiah, Damian and Amy) went to the Artic looking for the Light-II, a spacecraft that crashed on Earth. The Light-II was the first spacecraft to travel at light speed, being able to see planets that common spacecrafts wouldn't be able to see. For unknown reasons, after some time in space, the spacecraft crashed on Earth. No satellite was able to track down the location of the crashed spacecraft, but it was rumoured that it fell on the Artic. These four explorers decided to travel to the Artic to look for the crashed spacecraft.

"I can't believe we found it! We're going to be rich!" -says Jeremiah

"You know that the boss wants anything that isn't part of the spacecraft's structure. Let's hope that there isn't anything but wreckage and we get the same amount of money as our boss" - says Amy

The spacecraft is totally destroyed, it looks like a giant metal graveyard. They see what looks like with the main cabin/control center. The sound of the wind makes it look scarier. The snow blocks the main windows of the spacecraft, making it as dark as possible. Once the explorers are inside the main cabin, they turn on their lanterns looking for stuff. They eventually find a skeleton and a journal next to it. Damian looks carefully to it and says:

"Where is the rest of the tripulation? There's nothing left of this spacecraft, they can't be anywhere else but here. I guess this journal is property of this skeleton. Jeremiah, handle this to the boss, we're going to stay here and study this place. We meet you at 12 A.M. at the base."

"Alright, I'll have the beers ready when you get there, because today we celebrate one more discovery." - says Jeremiah

Jeremiah drives to the base on a snowmobile. It isn't a big base, there are a lot of tents and other explorers over there. He drives to a tent written "The Collecting Co.". He opens the door of that tent and finds a man with white hair smoking a cigarette. Jeremiah looks to this old man and says:

"Hey boss, we found the spacecraft."

"Are you serious?!" - replies the boss, quite surprised.

"Yeah and we also found this" - Jeremiah handles Major Tom's journal to the boss.

"What the hell is this?" - asks the boss, slightly intrigued for what it may be

"This is the journal of one of the crew members. That and a skeleton are the only things we found for now." -replies Jeremiah

"Good job, Jeremiah. You may leave now" - says the boss

"Alright, If you need me, I'm at the pub" - says Jeremiah

Once he leaves the room, the boss keep staring at this journal. It is made of leather, what makes the boss slightly intrigued:

"How did this journal survive the impact?" - He thinks to himself

He opens the journal and starts reading it:

This Journal is property of Thomas Wellington Von Wolfsgang or "Major Tom".

If you find this journal, please, return it to its owner.

First entry, August 17th of 1983

This is the first entry of the journal I've just bought from a local store next to my house. (Note: turn this journal into book after coming back to Earth and don't include this note on the book). I've decided to buy this journal after receiving exciting news: I was chosen to be part of the crew of the first spacecraft to fly at light-speed. I've have bought this book to register all the events during my light-speed space trip. I've never been more afraid excited. After this trip, my name will be written on history books, I'll be what my childhood friends always said that I wouldn't be, I'm going to be important, I'm going to have a purpose on this world. But the only person that is moreafraid excited than I am is my wife, Ellie Brooks. Me and my crew will leave this planet on September 21st, so I'll have a good amount of time to train before the trip.

Second entry, September 2nd of 1983

Nothing interesting happened on August, so I'm skipping to September After a long and intense month of training, where there wasn't much except for the training, I've finally took a break before the real deal. The trip is going to happen early, exactly at September 5th.Pretty early, huh? NASA told us what we're supposed to do on that spacecraft, what's our job. I was mad at them, they choose the worst position for me slightly surprised by their choice. I was chosen to be a Major, which is horrible, the worst position ever slightly different from the military Major. The Major I'm talking about is a guy who doesn't do anything at all sits in front of a panel and inform the other crew members if everything is working fine. Firstly, I was pissed off, this position is true garbage, I'm useless. If anything goes wrong, the NASA team on Earth will send a message to our spacecraft informing that, so why do we even have this position? disappointed with their choice, but soon enough, I just stopped worrying about my position and started worrying about my family and friends. What will be of my wife without me? She doesn't work, so without me, she won't survive. Also, in order to mock me, they have created a nickname for me: Major Tom. Not only the crew members and my friends are always calling me this, now this is my codename on NASA, can you believe that? Well, anyway, I'm done writing this journal for now, gotta sleep sometimes.

Third entry, September 5th of 1983

II'm writing this as fast as I can. I'm losing it super excited for this space trip, this is a dream that I have always wanted to fulfill. After saying goodbye to all of mine relatives, I'm preparing myself for the trip, where I'll be working as a useless crew member Major, which is kind of disappointing, but I finally got over it (Note: last phrase is a lie, but don't include this note on the final book). The spacecraft is not as big as I thought it was. It is kind of small. Inside the spaecraft, there is the command cabin/main cabin, the bathroom, the bedrooms, the place where we keep all the food and water, the major cabin and the windows room, where we can see the space. There's obviously the engines, but it isn't a room, because if it was, well, we'd burn. I didn't pay any attention to the safety instructions, so I'm kind of screwed. The worst thing of all was being chosen as a Major saying goodbye to my wife. She is everything that matters to me, she is the most important thing on my life. I'll not see her for months, I won't be there to say "Merry christmas" or "Happy new year!". If I survive, my next entry will be tomorrow.

Fourth entry, September 10th of 1983

First of all, the trip was insane and awful, I almost threw up. Just a reminder, NEVER TRAVEL AT LIGHT-SPEED, it is the worst thing you can do. I've seen what most men, have never seen. Second thing, time changed, literally. One day here is five days on Earth. We have no idea where we are, we're out of the Milky Way. I've seen squared-shaped planets, hand-shaped planets and even nonsense shape planets, with no logic at all. Unfortunately, I'm stuck as damn Major I couldn't see much, as I'm constantly looking at the state of the engines and stuff. Oh yeah, I didn't talk about my team, they're the worst the best, we are such good friends. There is Lisa, the commander of the spacecraft, there is Eddie, the navigator, there's Farnsworth, the engineer, there is Logan, the resources man. Sometimes I just want to punch them in the face give them a hug. Well, I have to sleep, tomorrow is going to be a long day.

Fifth entry, December 22nd of 1983

I lost my book for three months, but I've found it on the right time. I think we have found alien life. It's not what you may be thinking, it isn't a green small guy saying "We come in peace", it's way stranger. It is some kind of cloud that is a bit of black and a bit of brown. According to our engineer, Farnsworth, this dark cloud contains a strange type of bacteria which may be deadly to our immune system. I didn't care to listen for the rest. Well, apart from that, nothing on that level of interesting happened. We were able to register different types of planets and we also found something we called the Void. This thing is a dimensional warper, it is able to warp us to the 5th dimension, but we decided not to do that. How do I know this? I don't Lisa told us that it doesn't have 4th dimension properties. This chat must be boring your brain, so I'll change the theme. I've recently discovered that my wife is pregnant. I talked to her through a radio on the spacecraft. This radio was working fine, until the dark cloud appeared, know we can only hear some strange noises on the radio.

Sixth entry, December 23rd of 1983

Our spacecraft is inside the dark cloud, it is not inside the spacecraft, but it is around us. We're trying to study it, but we can't understand its properties, it is way above our league. One thing is sure, this thing is deadly for us, we don't what it could do to us, but it isn't anything pretty. The lights are not working correctly since we got inside this cloud, so we're pretty much in the dark. I'm preventing myself, I'm on my space hazmat suit. The crew is mocking me, they keep telling me that there is no way that the cloud can get in, but I'm scared as hell, what do they want me to do? All I wanted to see right now is my wife. She is the only thing that still keeps me motivated. I hope this dark cloud is gone by tomorrow.

Seventh entry, December 24th of 1983

The dark cloud is inside the spacecraft. It is all over the place, except inside of my hazmat suit. I saw the other crew members, they were all affected by it. Their eyes are completely black, there is no soul anyomore on those people. They just sat next to each other and started say this in an infinite loop:

"Join Us"

I can still hear them. Unfortunately for me, I'm now in charge of everything on the spacecraft. Everything on the ship is okay, I have no idea of how the dark cloud got in. I know one thing, my team is dead to me. There's no salvation for them. I won't be able to help them. I'm ignoring them and I'm doing everything that they were supposed to do. I've started the preparations for the "emergency escape plan", where in a couple of days, the spacecraft will go back to Earth. I started crying on my bathroom and I got so mad on myself that I have removed my sink. I can't take them anymore, they keep repeating "Join Us", "Join Us", "Join Us". I think will kill them tomorrow, if they don't stop.

Eith enty

I apolgise for the gammar mistkes. The cloud tok over the spcecraft, I cant se anyting. I can barly se tis jornal. I wll stop witing for now.

Nineth entry, December 25th of 1983

I regret so much coming into this trip. If I could do anything is to wake up and realise that this is just a nightmare. The cloud is not as hard as last night. Last night I wasn't able to see anything, I couldn't even write properly. But yesterday was far better than today. Yesterday, I couldn't find the crew members anywhere, I just couldn't. Today, I woke up and I saw my team standing next to my bed and smiling. My white pants became brown pants on that moment. They didn't look anymore like my team, their bodies were decomposing, they looked like zombies. Lisa looked at me and said:

"Stop resisting, Tom. There is no reason to fight against us"

I've ignored them the rest of the day, it wasn't easy, but I just did. I've also noticed that the walls and the floor is also decomposing. My hazmat suit is also decomposing. NASA isn't receveing any of my messages and they can even try, but I can't understand any of the messages they send to me. I don't know for how long I can hold it up.

Tenth entry, December 26th of 1983

Today, I woke up and I saw that everything was alright. The dark cloud was gone. My team spoke to me right after I woke up. They said this:

"Tom, we were all affected by the dark cloud. It created illusions and manipulated us into thinking that everything is over and that we were all going to die. Thanks to Eddie, he expelled the dark cloud from our spacecraft. I hope you are alright, Tom."

I've started crying on joy when I realised that everything was over. I took off my hazmat suit and I went to work as I used to. I've finally realised that Major wasn't such a bad position after all.

Last entry

It was all a lie. The dark cloud is still here on the spacecraft. I'm writing this before my death. I woke up and went to my bathroom, where I saw the sink, and this wasn't possible, because I removed the sink from my bathroom. It was on that moment that I realised that the dark cloud was manipulating me into thinking that everything was okay. Once I realised this, I started seeing things as they really were. Guess what? My body is decomposing and my team's bodies are disgusting, I don't even want to describe it. In my final attempt to destroy this spacecraft and the dark cloud, I have made a plan. I locked myself inside the main cabin and I'll be using the emergency escape to take this spacecraft to Earth, where the cloud will burn in the process of going from space to Earth. Before I die, I was able to sent a last message to NASA:

"Give my wife my love"

Before I die, I want to register on this journal, to anyone who might read this. Please, burn this book. People don't need to know about the fears of the universe. Let them live their lifes without knowing that there is a dark cloud that consumes you.

Please, just do it.

Major Tom

-------------------

After reading this, the boss was shocked. He closed the journal and kept staring at it. After staring it for some moments, he pulled out an lighter and started burning the journal. He threw the burning journal on the thrash and sat on his chair, thinking about life.

Meanwhile, at the crashed spacecraft, Amy was looking for stuff on the main cabin, when she saw something moving. It was moving quietly and smoothly. She got near to it and touched it. This thing got inside her skin. She walked outside and started staring at Carlos, who was looking at his phone. She started smiling at him. He finally realised Amy's presence over there, when he did, he said:

"Amy, are you alright? Do you need anything?"

Her eyes turned totally black and she replied:

"Join Us".

ImpurestCheese: Five Star in 'Major Tom's Return'

Five Star in 'Major Tom's Return'

A jet of gleaming energy flew behind Agent Colleen Petra as she broke through the stratosphere into low earth orbit, her gleaming red biological armour shining in the darkness. Reaching the stricken European Interstellar Strategic Scientific Research Initiative satellite she gripped hold of one of the solar arrays, and ran her hand over three long slash marks along the reflective surface. Scanning the every growing debris field orbiting Earth, she saw something shift slightly, a spark of ignition pushing it across the void from one foothold to another.

“Synching to EISSR Mainframe.” The mechanical voice of the synthetic link back to Earth buzzed from within the insectile style helmet she wore over her head. “Analysing Image.” It added, as the figure leapt to another section of space junk clustered into a perch, the light from its boosters and that of the sun reflecting off the satellite revealing gleaming metallic sections to the unknown contact. Jetting over to the figure, Colleen saw that the figure was covered in metal welded onto an old NASA space suit, the left hand ending in three ceramic blades whilst the face-plate was broken open to reveal a face drained of blood, condensation running down his cheeks like frozen tears.

“I love here.” The figure groaned, his voice audible even in the vacuum of space, as he swiped at Colleen, his talons scratching the chest-plate of her biological armour. Surprised, Colleen delivered a kick to his face, before spinning round the feral figure and delivering a series of quick blows to his back, each blow cracking the metal plating on his back before revealing the man’s back, the skin ripped open and the spine cracked and pitted with space debris.

“Analysis complete, activating NASA files regarding the ORION I programme.” The computer buzzed, as the figure spun round and slammed his fist into Colleen, the blow sending her smashing through the jettisoned fuselage of a derelict rocket module, shrapnel whizzing off of her impact. “Major Thomas Elkhorn, test subject for Project Comet, a manufactured protein infused with an Eiter derivative designed to evolve humanity into a race that can survive in a vacuum.” It added, as Colleen’s hands glowed with silver energy and she fired twin bolts of celestial energy, the impact burning through the Major’s blades and through his left leg, the limb floating away as the main body flew towards her, the thruster module tied to his waste propelling him through the debris field.

“I love her.” The major moaned, as Colleen flew towards him, fists blazing before impacting the abandoned man with enough force that he spun away on contact with her out of orbit. Looking down in sorrow, Colleen watched as the figure grew smaller and smaller as he spun out into space, and while he was lost, she was sure he would return. In the meantime she had more pressing matters to deal with back on Earth, but first she had to put an old ghost to rest, one who had spent too long forgotten, as he wandered the stars.

Outside the house in Pigeon Falls, Colleen hesitated before knocking on the door. She was dressed casually in a long blue skirt and white blouse, her short red hair cropped close save for a long bang that she blew out of her face as she waited for the door to open. She knew how, after initial success NASA had been too afraid to reveal what had happened to the test subjects, how they had gone mad from the drug’s side effects, and how after the project had closed own in 1986, that the survivors had been dumped in orbit.

“Can I help you young lady?” A middle aged woman asked as she peered out the door.

“Ma’am I’m with the EISSR.” Colleen stated, her Irish accent sounding out of place in the wilds of Michigan. "We found your father on our last reconnaissance flight.” She added, deciding quite wisely to omit how he had become a feral zombie that was sabotaging any satellites it came across. “There was a message written in his capsule,” She added, as the woman’s eyes lit up, “he loved you and your mother, he wanted people to know even after he lost contact with Huston.”

“Thank you,” The woman gasped, her face looking as if decades of uncertainty and stress had been released all at once, “thank you.” She added, as she wrapped her arms around Colleen. “Thank you for bringing him home.”

Cbishop: The Disappearance of Major Tom

Secret Air Base, somewhere in the United States:

My name is Tommy Tompkins. It's been a long, strange road from newsie sidekick of The Guardian, to scientist for Project: Cadmus, to astronaut for a joint S.T.A.R. Labs/ Ferris Aircraft/ U.S. Air Force venture, but here I sit, strapped into a rocket, waiting on the countdown. Truthfully, I'm not so sure about this newest path. "Send me up a drink," I joke into the mic, hoping I don't sound as nervous as I feel.

"Relax, Major Tom," answers Control. It's Tom Kalmaku- one of the Ferris crew for the project. "Your heart rate is spiking a bit."

Major Tom, I think to myself; a nickname the Control crew has given me because "Tom" is in both my first and last names, and to differentiate me from Kalmaku. They call him Pieface just to make it even easier; it has something to do with a self-deprecating Halloween costume he wore last year. This position automatically came with rank, and I was shuffled into the Air Force through a mountain of paperwork and the string pulling of the higher ups who have put their heads together for this project. I'm not even sure that's legal, but again, here I sit.

"Major?" comes another voice over the comm. "This is Captain Atom. I'll be trailing the rocket's flight path just after launch. If anything looks like it might go wrong, I'll do everything in my power to stop it. Keep 'em flying, sir!"

I smile to the camera they have trained on my face. "Thanks, Captain! Much appreciated!" Captain Atom? How the heck do I outrank Captain freaking Atom? The sooner this mission is over with, the better.

A computerized voice comes over both the comm and the ship's P.A. system. It sounds female. "Final checks before launch complete. Final securing of all hatches complete. Final checks on human components complete."

"Human components?" I think. Nice. For the next few minutes, I'm checking instrument panels, I'm lost in my own thoughts about the success or failure of the mission, and my heart is beating so wildly with excitement that I don't anything except the blood pounding in my ears. That is until...

"...Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one, launch."

The engines rumble, and I hear Kalmaku again (I don't like the nickname, no matter how jovially he takes it). "We have liftoff! Godspeed, Major Tom."

I'm already feeling the G-forces of liftoff, so I don't respond. The medical monitors will show them that I'm okay. The G-forces build, and I'm at the stage of panting like a dog, and then the klaxon starts going off.

Space; a ship just behind Earth's moon:

"Is everything ready?" asks a man standing on the bridge of the ship.

"Yes, Commander. The ships are prepared for launch," answers one of the crew.

"Proceed," orders the Commander.

The crewman waves his finger over a single holographic button, and the sound of bulkheads receding can instantly be heard all over the ship. Silently, gleaming, bug-like vessels dart out into the void, arcing around the moon, then twisting downwards towards Earth.

The Commander is pleased. "Prepare for the data influx, and await the return..."

"Commander!" shouts a female crew member. "Probes show a ship coming up from the surface!"

"Visual?" asks the Commander curiously.

She waves her hand at the holographic displays in front of her, and a picture hums to life in front of the Commander. He scoffs. "That ship shows promise, but it will barely break orbit. It will be no challenge for our Scarab Sliders. Order them to plow through it if they have to."

"Aye, Commander," answers the crew woman, and she sends the message out.

The Commander breathed deeply, satisfied of their impending victory. Calmly, he said, "It's time for this pathetic planet to learn that nothing is beyond The Reach."

Air Base

"What in Sam Hill is that?" shouts General Lane.

"Whatever it is, I'm sure you'll call it a good excuse for Project 7734 to exist!" sneers Cyborg.

"You stay quiet over there, machine man!" barks Lane. "You're only here as a courtesy to S.T.A.R."

"And because no one else can track that rocket's internal progress the way I can," Victor Stone shot back.

"You'll watch your tone with me, mister!" growls Lane.

Cybernetic fingers tapped into one of the panels, Cyborg glares over his shoulder with his human eye, and says, "I don't work for you, general, so you can kiss my metal butt, then back the hell off, and let me do my job!" Turning his attention away from Lane, and back to the display generated by his cybernetic eye, Stone spoke into the mic projected from his left earpiece, "Captain Atom! I'm reading hundreds of those things in the atmosphere, and more streaming from the dark side of the moon! They're headed our way, and they're going to intercept Major Tom!"

"Not on my watch, they're not!" came the hero's voice over the comm.

Upper atmosphere:

"Hang in there, Major!" the Captain shouted into his comm. "Help's on the way!"

The Scarab Sliders sliced through the sky at stupefying speeds. Captain Atom fired into the atmosphere, blasting many in the front of the descending attackers into fireballs that caught some of those behind them. The Scarabs broke ranks, and began raining down in a wider pattern. The Captain fired a protective umbrella of energy over the cone of Major Tom's ship, which detonated any Scarabs that attempted to plow through it, clearing a path for the experimental ship to break orbit.

One of the Scarabs nearly missed Captain Atom, and he fired a blast at it with his free hand, winging it, and causing it to spiral towards the ground, smoke trailing in its wake. He blasted another, the explosion jarring him to one side. Then a third ship shot into him at great speed, knocking him aside, and causing him to lose concentration on his protective shield for the ship. "NO!" he shouted, recovering quickly, and rocketing back towards Major Tom's ship.

The Scarabs were whizzing by like enormous bullets, but most had steered clear of the path of the rocket, due to its former protection. The newcomers from around the moon registered no such protection, and were headed right for it.

Captain Atom lanced out desperately with his energy powers, quickly reforming a shield ahead of the rocket, detonating a good number of the Scarabs in the process. The explosions were thunderous, and the strain of their impacts on the shield was hard on the hero. He gritted his teeth and closed his eyes as he concentrated through the strain of maintaining the shield. The Scarabs again adjusted their flight around the protective cone.

The strain lifted off of him, and Captain Atom opened his eyes in relief. That is until he saw that, "The ship! It's gone!" he reported in disbelief.

"WHAT?" shouted General Lane through the comm. "Are you telling me those things destroyed our project?"

"What about Major Tom?" came the voice of Cyborg.

"No. No, it's not destroyed," Captain Atom said as he recovered himself. "It's just gone. And Major Tom with it."

Air Base:

General Lane slammed his fist on one of the consoles. "Bloody hell!" he shouted. "Where the hell is my ship?" he demanded.

"Your ship?" balked Cyborg. "This is a joint project, Lane. Don't forget."

Before Lane could explode in anger, Kalmaku spoke up, "Victor, can you confirm these sensor readings? I'm showing a high level of tachyon particles around the Major's last known position."

Stone was quiet for a few moments, but then answered, "Confirmed. Those levels are off the charts."

"Will somebody tell me what the deuce you're talking about?" shouted Lane.

"Tachyon particles are a main component in chronal radiation," answered Kalmaku.

"And what does that mean?" Lane said with impatience.

Captain Atom's voice crackled over the comm, blasts and explosions heard in the background. "It means my blast sent Major Tom and the ship into the timestream, General Lane. It tends to happen when I expend great amounts of energy at once; especially if I'm doing it quickly, as I was in this battle." More blasts and explosions were heard, and then the Captain was too busy to communicate further.

"We'll talk about your lack of control later, Captain," the general promised angrily. Turning to the room, he said, "If that ship was thrown into the timestream, then when did it go to?"

"Based on past displays of Captain Atom's chronal displacement powers," answered Cyborg, "Major Tom probably went forward in time."

General Lane was astonished. "Are you saying he actually went to--?"

"Yes," answered Kalmaku. "He most likely went to..."

"...The Future."

It took me a few minutes to get my bearings, but the relief from G-forces was welcomed. When the klaxons started going off, all I saw out the ship's window was a wave of what looked like some kind of metallic meteors, and then nothing except what must have been Captain Atom's energy, shielding the ship. I heard a bunch of explosions, then saw space again with more of those meteors headed at me. Then the Captain's energy again, and then the ship plowed into the shield, and then...I was here, wherever that is.

You're in United Planets space, near Earth orbit, came a soothing female voice, seemingly from inside my own head. I am inside your head, Major, via telepathy. My name is Saturn Girl, and I'm with the Legion.

What's a Legion? I thought. I wasn't expecting an answer, but I got one.

The Legion of Super-Heroes, she said with some bewilderment. I felt a slight throb in my head, and then heard, You're not from around here, are you, Major?

I suspect not, I said, still not sure of what a United Planets was. Just then, a girl came through the hull of the ship like a ghost. She was followed by another girl with green skin who was dressed very much like the Martian Manhunter. They said something unintelligible that sounded like no language I'd ever heard before. Then a light of realization came into the green girl's eyes, and I heard another voice in my head.

I'm Miss Martian, the green girl though as she put a hand to her chest. This is Phantom Girl, she thought, waving her hand to her companion. Take my ring. It will translate for you. With that, she handed me a gold ring with an "L" on the face of it. I put it on, and then I heard her voice normally, "There, is that better?"

"Much," I answered. "Please, you look somewhat like the Martian Manhunter--"

"The Martian Manhun... you knew J'onn J'onzz?" the green girl said incredulously. "He hasn't been seen for a thousand years!"

"A thous...wait. Was it...Saturn Girl? She said I was in 'United Planets space,' but also that I was in 'near Earth orbit.' Can you please tell me: what year is this?" I asked with some trepidation.

"The year? 3016," answered Phantom Girl. "You're really not from around here, are you?"

With some amount of shock, I answered, "No. No, I'm not."

Emergency time protocol, Miss Martian! came the thought-voice of Saturn Girl. He's from the past! Get out of his head now, before we learn something we shouldn't! Use the rings' translators from here on out!

"Acknowledged," Miss Martian said aloud. "Major, we have to call you something. What's your name?" she asked.

"It's Tom," I said softly. "Tommy Tom--" I stopped short, thinking of Saturn Girl's warning. What would knowing my identity do to this era? I thought quickly, and finished, "...morrow. Tommy Tomorrow will do just fine."

"Well," said Phantom Girl, "until we can figure out how to get you back to the past, Tommy Tomorrow, welcome to the Legion!"

Voting Rules:
  • If you're reading our entries, please read the stories, and vote for your favorite.
  • If you wrote, you should vote (good sportsmanship and all that)
  • No voting for yourself (also good sportsmanship)
  • Deadline for votes is two weeks, so Sunday, October 2nd @11:59PM New York time (Google search "ny time" if you're not sure). Someone may have to call it for me, as I'm going to the wedding for the daughter of my heart on the 1st. :)

It was fun. See ya in two weeks. -cb :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By cbishop

Vote tracker:

Writer:Votes:
Blacksmith_99
  1. ImpurestCheese
  2. batkevin74
ImpurestCheese
  1. cbishop
Cbishop
  1. Blacksmith_99

I'll add 'em as I see 'em.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine or @bumpyboo, would one of you lovely moderating ladies hammer a pin into this, and pry the pin out of the contest thread, please? Thanks so much! -cb :)

Blacksmith_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Oh man, I loved both. I really liked the emotional ending of @impurestcheese's story, but I liked @cbishop's story overall more. My vote goes to cbishop.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Hmm I'm voting for the Blacksmith this time

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cbishop

I'm voting for Imp'. Looks like we might need a tie-breaker. :}

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Thanks for the vote.

BTW you are going to like the October Patronverse releases, it's all PSOC

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Blacksmith

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And the new guy pulls ahead! WOOT! @blacksmith_99, I hope you're thinking of the song you want to use, because you may be the winner! We'll know Sunday night. :)

Blacksmith_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@impurestcheese@batkevin74 thank you for the vote, I wasn't expecting to receive any votes at all, this really cheered up my day :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ImpurestCheese
cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers