Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MasterOfEvil

No Caption Provided

RISE: The Hellfire Club #2

Cigar smoke sifted through the mansion as the various members enjoyed the Club's many privileges. The finest wines, the most beautiful women, and the ability to establish high level business relations... That is what the Hellfire Club's purpose is. None knew that better than Madelyne Pryor, the self-appointed Lord Imperial of all the Club's branches. And yet, to her current guest, all the privileges, wine, women, and decadence meant less than nothing. His name his Mephisto, Lord of Hell, and he finds himself perplexed.

"This has to be the single most ridiculous deal I've ever witnessed!" Mephisto said as he slammed the documents on the table. The demon finished his drink and mumbled several curses under his breath. The very idea of what he read was borderline insulting to his intelligence.

Pryor just nonchalantly sipped on her drink. She expect her arrangement would be seen as outrageous. In fact, it was downright impossible at face value. She would have explained more, but Mephisto paced around the room and continue his comments.

"You want to draw on the magical power of Hell! You want a section of Hell for yourself! And that's not even--!"

"My lord, please. If you'll just let me explain..." Madelyne tried to cut him off, but Mephisto was inconsolable... to say the least. She could tell he was scared.

"Even if you brought together all the Hell Lords, it still couldn't be done!," he said while standing over her.

Pryor considered what he said and, after examining her options, took him up on his offer. "So call them and we'll see if it's still impossible."

Mephisto would usually dismember those who spoke to him in such a manner. This woman was either fearless or suicidal, but she had willpower. Mephisto isn't easily impressed or annoyed, and yet he was feeling both.

"Ah, screw it." Mephisto began waving his hand through the air. With each motion, seals of different languages and styles appeared and floated around him. Slamming his hands to the ground, each seal erupted in a different way. One oozed black matter, while another exploded with fire. One formed a bottomless hole, while another became a vortex where one could hear the faint sound of screaming. The new Lord Imperial of the Hellfire Club had attained her position less than an hour ago, but now finds herself surround by almost all of the Hell-Lords.

"You dare summon us like pups, Mephisto!? After your crimes against us!?" Satannish said as he drew his sword to Mephisto's neck.

Pluto, Lord of Hades, chuckled at Hela's withered appearance. "What manner of monster made you fall so far, Hela? I'd very much like to break bread with such a beast!"

Hela glared back at Pluto with fire in her eyes, but could do nothing due to recent events. "The children of Odin took my kingdom from me. I have no time for your games, Mephisto. There's work to be done."

"I assure you, my brethren, this is no game." Mephisto pushed away Satannish's sword and explained the events up until now. He pointed at the deal set by the Lord Imperial, but they were too on edge to read it.

"Just tell us what this is, woman, or consider your life forfeit," said the Dread Dormmamu. His words made all the eyes in the room fall upon Madelyne.

She could feel this was the biggest "Sink or Swim" moment anyone could get into. She knew she would need to be impressive.

Stepping up to them, she explained her deal. "Magic on this planet has been broken, so I need to channel it from somewhere else. I want a section of Hell to belong to me so that I may draw upon its energy. I want to be able to take ownership of souls through deals so I may fill up that section. Finally, when I die, hopefully of old age, I want to rule that section as one of you. And that deal also prevents the participants from betraying each other until the terms of the deal are completed." The Hell-Lords were silent for a moment, then exploded with laughter.

Blackheart walked up to her and met her face to face. "You want to join our council as one of us? As a demon Hell-Lord??? The fact you even got us laughing in the same room is a miracle! What do you have that's worth the Hell-Lord title?" They all expected a list of names for different souls of varying importance. It's what always happened.

"The White Hot Room."

The laughter came to an abrupt halt. Nothing was funny about this.

"You think you can get us, or anyone for that matter, into there???" Asmodeus blurted out. "These mortals grow more insane by the day!"

Mephisto threw his hands up in agreement. "Pay attention, mortal. If you or we ever tried to go to the White Hot Room, the Phoenix, in it's entirety, would wipe us from existence with a thought! And that's even if we ALL brought the whole of our combined forces."

"Well then, you're in luck. The Phoenix isn't there at the moment," Pryor said confidently. "It won't be back there for quite some time."

They were confused. They all considered going after the White Hot Room because of what laid there: eons worth of Celestial souls. Power enough to do practically anything. With that, their confusion became curiosity.

"What have you done, mortal?," Mephisto asked.

"I simply found the proof of my claim. Because of that, I made sure to create that loophole-free contract to make deal with you, took the Hellfire Club, and stood ready to join your ranks," Pryor said as she walked across the room. Opening the door, she asked Sebastian Shaw if her package was stored yet. Shaw looked at who was in the room, confirmed her item was ready, and promptly left.

They saw a single room under heavy guard and noticed the numerous magical barriers and security placed around it. They could all the energy radiating from across the hallway. Noticing this, Pryor threw the doors open with a wave of her hand and confirmed their suspicions.

"My lordships, I have the Phoenix Egg, and I am not afraid to use it." She could see the disbelief on their faces. However, they examined the Egg and confirmed that it was the genuine article.

"But, how?" said Hela.

"I've always had a connection to the Phoenix and it's vessel. I can feel them both pulsating underneath that shell since I managed to locate it with my recently deceased ex-husband. But here's the question: How can this egg exist with the Phoenix still in the White Hot Room?"

They didn't even bother answering. They were too busy plotting. The White Hot Room without the Phoenix was too good of an opportunity. One by one, each Hell-Lord signed the deal, ready and willing to wage war on the White Hot Room. Looking upon their future member, they awaited her plan.

"Once I open the door, all bets are off. There's no telling what else is there. I'll use my slice of Hell to keep the Egg from hatching, but once this starts, everyone with cosmic awareness will feel it happen. We'll need to move hard and fast." Hearing this, the Hell-Lords left to prepare for what is to come. Everyone... but Mephisto.

"What is your game in this, Pryor? Revenge?," he asked with a smug smile.

Looking Mephisto dead in the eyes, she answered his question. "I'm staking my claims and thinking long term. I asked myself what I would do if I beat my enemies, but thought it was odd when I couldn't give myself an answer. So, I simply see what I can do and what I am able to achieve. And, If anyone tries to stop me in reaching my goals, that will make my victory that much more satisfying."

"So, you wish to define yourself by your achievements... and your enemies. I must say, Pryor, it's like your were born for this." Taking a bow, he began to dematerialize. But not before saying one last snide remark: "Be careful not to get burned... again."

Now alone, Madelyne Pryor looked at what she accomplished. The Hellfire Club AND a seat among the masters of Hell. She sat back into her throne and stared at the Phoenix Egg for what seemed like an eternity. She thought of the Uprising, the White Hot Room, and the X-men. Then, she thought of her. Pryor stood up, walked over to the egg, and said only one thing:

"Take your best shot, bitch..."

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20