Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MasterOfEvil
No Caption Provided

RISE: The Hellfire Club

Laughter.

Sarcastic comments.

Disbelief.

These are the exact responses to anyone who outwardly tries to take control of the Club. The holder of the title of Lord Imperial holds it for a reason. Elias Bogan, the undisputed master of the Club, looked upon this stranger with contempt. No one who knows his name would EVER challenge him publicly.

"Who are you, woman?" he said dispassionately.

In this grand ballroom, adorned with magnificent artwork from the turn of the century, sat some of the most influential businessmen and politicians on the planet. The collective amount of power in the room could end society in a matter of months, if needed. In spite of that, one person fearlessly stepped forward.

"Madelyne Pryor, my lord," she said with a surprising amount of respect.

"I make my appearance to my fellow members after so long, yet this outcast has the audacity to challenge me? Insanity." Bogan barely even entertained the concept.

"The title of Lord Imperial was taken from you by Roberto Da Costa. The only reason your return was uncontested was because of HIS lack of attendance and the Club's fear of your power. Everyone here is aware of this fact," Pryor said while looking around the room.

Bogan looked at his fellow members and saw their eyes dart away from him. Pryor's words struck a cord with all of them.

With visible anger in his blood red eyes, he now gave Pryor his full attention.

"Very well, Madame Pryor. I accept." With that, Bogan's eyes began to leak with blood eyes his eye burned with light.

At that moment, Pryor's head felt as if it was going to split in half from the inside out. Despite her power, her screams filled the mansion while the onlookers fell silent.

"Your mind will belong to me. Your body will be my puppet. Your life will be my plaything and no one will weep for you or speak your name. I will forbid it." With each word, Bogan stepped closer and increased his assault. Pryor was slumped to floor trying to fight back, but her opponent gave no quarter.

"Honestly, woman. Why? Why did you think you could defeat me?" Bogan said curiously.

Struggling to stand, Pryor managed to squeeze out a few words. "I... learned... new... TRICKS!!!"

(Picture this, but red)
(Picture this, but red)

With a scream of of pure rage, her body erupted with psychic energy. Bogan tried to withstand this shocking new ability, but she focused all her telekinetic energy directly onto him. The entire block shook with the ferocity of her assault. The Lord Imperial was helpless as his body was send rocketing through the walls in a single spectacular display of power.

The members of the Club scurried to see what became of him. They saw a broken, old man who was barely conscious enough to even register what happened.

After a moment, they stepped aside as Madelyne Pryor walked through the crowd, the mansion quaked with her every footstep.

"What....What are you?" Bogan said while spitting up his blood.

Pryor simply looked down at him and said, "I'm better."

Signally the person standing behind Bogan, Pryor walked away while her power dissipated. Turning around, Bogan was furious a what he saw.

"Shaw.... you bastard!" Bogan tried to stand up, but New York's Black King picked him up by the neck.

"Interesting choice of last words, old friend." Sebastian Shaw smirked as the injured man struggled against his grip. With a gesture, he broke the old leader's neck. Throwing Bogan's body to the soldiers for disposal, he alerted everyone to their new Lord Imperial.

Sitting in her new thrown, Pryor was noticeably out of breath. Bogan was stronger that the rumors suggested and she was still mastering this new power that her template, Jean Grey, had acquired.

London's Black Queen, Selene, stepped forward to ask, "What is to become of Bogan's estate and resources?"

Pryor checked her phone and smiled at her most recent message. "I already talked to the Maker about that. With the forces he's built up, hacking Bogan's accounts was an easy task. By the time I walked into the room, everything he owned belonged to me."

Selene was surprised and pleased at the news, but pointed out the murmurs amongst the Club members.

Pryor stood up and addressed them. "Ladies and gentlemen, an event is coming that will change the world in ways you can't begin to imagine. The heroes are broken and the X-men, our greatest opposition, are broken without their leaders or their numbers due to the Terrigen Mist. The time is now to stake our claim in the new world. Either you're in or you won't survive what's next."

Many of the group agreed, but some still had their eyes set on her. Reading their minds she could tell some were planning on striking her while she was weakened. But, she had prepared for that.

Using a stick with ancient text written it, she walked to the spot with Bogan's blood still on the floor. She began reciting a chant and smearing the blood into a seal.

The various members looked on to see what she was doing, but had no idea what the symbol meant. Selene, on the other hand, took a very large step back.

As Pryor finished the chant, the seal exploded. A pillar fire blasted through the ceiling as a figure arose through the fire. When the flames dispersed, the entire gasped at what they saw towering in front of them.

"Allow me to introduce Mephisto," Pryor said calmly.

The demon king looked at her, then looked on at the deathly silent room. He smiled at the terror in their eyes.

Pryor, stepping in front of Mephisto, made her stance clear. "Those of you thinking of turning against me have just been warned. If you still wish to go after me or my seat, please step up."

Pryor scanned the room once more and found no sign of ambition. Only fear. None of them wanted to go against her now.

"With that taken care of, you may all go back to enjoying the party. Please... enjoy yourselves."

One by one they adjourned to the party room until only Pryor and the Hell-Lord remained.

Mephisto turned to Pryor and began sizing her up. "Alright, whoever you are. That little show was nice and fun play along with. Now... who are you and why did you summon me?"

Pryor turned to the 9 foot tall devil standing before her and, without breaking a sweat, introduced herself. "Madelyne Pryor, Lord Imperial of the Hellfire Club. I had to time your summoning just right and hope you would stay silent long enough for my associates to learn their place. For that, order whatever you like off the menu."

Mephisto considered what she was saying and was intrigued. "It was a clever thing you did by calling me. And Bogan's soul has now fallen into my good graces. It's why I haven't skinned you alive for summoning me as a scare tactic. And I'll just have the blackened salmon and a Bloody Mary."

Snapping her fingers, Pryor sent the terrified waiters to fetch Mephisto's meal. Inviting the Hell-Lord to sit with her at the dinner table, she casually began speaking.

"Believe me, I didn't call you because of your good looks. I called you because I want to talk serious business." As she said this, SHE pulled out a contract to give to HIM.

"You... have a deal for me???" Mephisto was amazed at the nerve of this woman, but was no less impressed. "Alright, Ms. Pyror. Let's see what you got."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Next time: The Red Queen of the Hellfire Club vs The Red King of Hell itself in a battle of wits!!!

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers