Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MasterOfEvil
No Caption Provided

RISE: Squadron Sinister

"What happened to him?"

Walking up to his current patient, the lead doctor, the Maker, simply said, "A series of very unfortunate events. Then, apparently, the Man-Thing."

Shining light into the patients eyes, he confirmed that his mind was still responsive despite his charred, mangled body.

"You know, I'm not easily impressed. But, your body is covered in the radiation so many dimensions, I could just applaud you right here!" Activating the solar energy emitter on the body, the Maker further noted the man's shattered bones and burnt flesh were starting to heal at an extraordinary rate.

"It was quite lucky for the planet that SHIELD kept your body in storage and away from the sun, but it was especially lucky that a new, telepathic, friend of mine happened to stop by there and "heard" you screaming! By the way, we extracted the argonite in your system, so feel to thank me," Maker said as he turned the emitter to maximum.

The man started moving and tried forming words, but his vocal cords were atrophied. He hadn't eaten or drank in years.

"You're in my facility, to answer your question. But, there is an issue about why I helped you." Turning on several monitors, the Maker showed the man images of likely a dozen super-powered individuals. The man noticed two in particular.

"On this side we have the Ultimates, featuring your old "buddy," the Blue Marvel. And on this side, we have the Squadron Supreme, featuring... Hyperion."

Enraged, the man, near fully healed, managed to finally scream, "He isn't Hyperion, I AM!!!"

Pleased at his recovery, the Maker handed King Hyperion his uniform and continued. "The Squadron has broken up, but we feel that they'll jump into the mix eventually."

"And who is 'we'?" Hyperion looked around to only see scared scientists and bug-people.

"We're uniting. Nearly everyone with an issue against the so-called heroes of this world is getting involved. And now, we have you."

Hyperion thought of the Blue Marvel, who had him arrested, and the Thunderbolts, who nearly killed him. He wanted nothing more than to tear them all to pieces. That sentiment extended to this other Hyperion.

"Now that you're all good and motivated, I'd say you'd like a team to join with you," he said while cycling through different profiles. "These are the members who don't have a specific assignment. See anyone you can work with?"

Hyperion glanced through the list, but no one looked promising. However, he stopped on one person. "Zarda..."

Aggressively checking all the villains mentioned, he found the alternate versions of the team he was once part of. "These five. They'll work out just fine."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

One week later

"Why are we here?" Speed Demon paced around the room as his impatience was reaching a fever pitch. "We already got assigned to take on that other Squadron! What's this other meeting for???"

Warrior Woman angrily demanded that he calm himself. "If you ever put this much energy into our war preparations, your opinion would begin to matter." Her glare was enough for him to stop complaining. At least, this time.

Doctor Spectrum soon got in between them in order to keep them speaking to each other and try to change the subject. "We'll wait for Hyperion to get here and then we'll see what the deal is. But seriously, what is Modred doing?"

Modred had been in a trance for some time now, examining the shifts with the world's magical energy. "There has been movement in the heavens as well as the hells. Whatever needs to be done must be done quickly."

Nighthawk, not caring one way or another what everyone did, continue tinkering with his suit. Then, he heard the footsteps. "Look alive, Squadron! Boss-man's here!"

Hyperion casually walked into the room and looked directly at Modred. Modred nodded in confirmation and Hyperion began speaking.

"Because of the damn mind readers, I had Modred cook up a spell to seal off the room so we could talk privately." They were all confused at first, but Hyperion smiled and continued.

"I've been promised a way out of this crazy dimension once the Uprising is over. The Maker thinks that I'll be satisfied taking other Earths, but why would I leave? This whole universe is ripe for the taking! The greatest protectors are either dead or usurped by children, but Uprising will take care of the rest. Then we take everything from under them!"

"And how exactly do we do that?" said a very confused Speed Demon.

"The Maker," King Hyperion replied. "When this is over, we kill him where he stands."

Warrior Woman scoffed at the idea. "That's not even a remote option. The Makers forces outnumber us 100-fold. Not even you could make such a thing possible."

Hyperion's eyes glowed with energy as he glared at Zarda for even thinking that he wasn't strong enough. However, he was aware that he couldn't touch her just yet. Taking a breath, he continued.

Turning his nose to her, Hyperion simply asked a question. "Tell me, Zarda. Does the Maker know about your army of aliens? The one that you and Modred keep whispering about?"

"Wait a sec. What army???" Spectrum was at loss. Observing the room, she could tell that Nighthawk and Speed Demon had no idea either. Hyperion began slowly walking around the group as he continued.

"Our friends here took over an alien upheaval in the making and kept that information from the rest of us. Luckily, I had a chance to observe your forces. They are quite impressive, but I feel their best advantage is the element of surprise. So again. Does the Maker know?"

Warrior Woman was visibly enraged as she stared daggers in to Hyperion's eyes. The tension between them was approach a fever pitch until Modred answered the question.

"I used every spell in my arsenal to keep the army, as well as the bases they operate, very well concealed. The only possible way he could find it is if he had a mage who knew what to look for."

"So, all we have to do is keep this information to ourselves. Perfect! I'm sure that won't be a problem, right?" Hyperion's eyes flared up once again as he looked over the group. They each nodded in approval. Everyone except Zarda.

"If you honestly believe I'll just give up all I achieved...!" she said as she reached for her weapons. In an instant, Hyperion was less than an inch away. He could have broken her neck before she could even react, but didn't.

"I'm not making you give up anything. You'll still be the queen bee of that Myriad, as you call them. All of your power over them will remain as it is. I'm just asking you to avoid working against me," Hyperion said.

"As long as I work for you???" Zarda snapped.

Hyperion sighed at the remark. "No. As long as you work with me. With us! With that army and our combined power, we can take out whatever the Maker, or whoever, throws at us."

Zarda was silent, but considered the offer. She looked upon Modred to see him nodding in approval. Weighing her options, she had only one thing to ask. "So, the Squadron will join my army in battle? As what? I can't imagine you standing by as a knight."

Hyperion turned to walk out of the room, but spun around to answer her with a smile. "I was actually thinking that 'King Hyperion' still had a nice ring to it!"

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

bump due to new additions

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers