MMU: Villains Tale 6/New York's Finest 7 Cops N Robbers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

This is rated MA and was co-written in parts by @impurestcheese. All characters owned by Marvel, we're just playing with them

This follows on from: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-mayhem-the-villain-s-tale-5-1533541/#3 and also http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-mayhem-bullseye-11-ker-boom-1533506/#14

It is a bit longer than usual but stick with it

Lieutenant Molly Von Richthofen grabbed her cell and looked at it as she waved through an ambulance. Thirty six text messages from Danny all with the same time stamp. As she opened one, another one arrived. Each one said ‘Hel’

“Hmmmm.” She closed it and walked over to Ruiz sitting in the back of an ambulance, heavily breathing into a respirator “You got your phone?”

No Caption Provided

Ruiz opened a pouch on her pants and handed her the phone. Molly dialled Danny’s number and it went straight to voicemail. Molly handed it back.

“Hear me out on this,” said Molly “Thor’s here, Code: Blue is here, I think I spotted Captain America. Half the force, most of SHIELD is right here.”

“Yeah” coughed Ruiz.

“Then who’s watching the store?”

One Police Plaza

Tick-Tock checked his watch “We have an estimated three minutes before…” he stopped as he leant heavily against the wall. His sprint across the gap wasn’t in his best interest. He gulped, swallowing hard as his left arm tingled from his fingertips racing up to the shoulder. “Oh dear!”

“Where are you?” snapped Overrider as he hurtled down a corridor towards the stairwell

“Holding cells.” Spectre loosened 8-Ball’s collar and titled his head “Let’s see if I remember what I'm doing”. She grabbed his chin in a pistol grip, took a deep breath and exhaled into his mouth making Jeff’s chest rise and fall. She did it again before placing her hands on his sternum. “Is it fifteen or thirty?”

George Washington Bridge site

Molly grabbed her phone “Danny?”

“Where the %^$# have you been? I’ve been…”

“What’s wrong?”

“About twelve costumed freaks have attacked the Plaza! Some guy with an ice gun has got me and the SWAT guys pinned down. I think they’re after Bullet!”

Molly looked around “DALLAS! STONE!”

One Police Plaza

No Caption Provided

Skidding around the corner Overrider and Impala saw Spectre huddled over the broken body of 8-Ball. Spectre stopped the CPR as Jeff slightly coughed of his own accord.

"Oh god!" Impala whispered as the pair bent down next to their injured comrade. Twitching slightly Jeff opened an eye before attempting to reach out to them, a single word on his lips. "Rachel?"

"No bud, it's Rich, it's Overrider." Overrider said before holding his friend's hand, looking at the deep purple bruising around his neck from the hanging. "Who did this to you?"

"A…Cop" Jeff wheezed as Impala picked up the length of rope used to hang 8-Ball from the rafters.

"Which one?" Spectre asked as she walked up to where she had locked several officers into a spare holding cell. She walked along pointing her gun at them "This one? This one?"

Jeff trying to shake his head.

"What none of them? Then who?"

"A Cop." Jeff coughed as Impala and Overrider picked him up and supported them between him. "He...he." Before he could finish he slipped into unconsciousness.

"Come on bud," Overrider told him “Stay with us.”

"Um Overrider it may be better if we leave Jeff here.” Impala stated nervously. “The police can probably get him to a medical facility sooner then we can."

"No. With the bridge bombing and the burning of Broadway the hospitals will be filled to capacity." Overrider stated as they shuffled to the lift "Spymaster set up a medical facility for…” He paused and waited for the lift. They got in. “Sorry just too many cops about. Spymaster set up the Black Lodge, it’s a criminal hospital. We can go take him there as long as we don't have any more setbacks."

No Caption Provided

The Code: Blue van roared through the streets, Lt Stone behind the wheel. Detective Riordan and Lt Von Richthofen clung on for dear life as Stone swung the van through the traffic like a Formula One driver. Without taking his eyes from the road he pointed at the glove box.

“Open it!”

Dallas flipped it open to see a large device, similar to a radio controller handset for a model plane.

“Turn it on and type in,” he swung the van around a corner “Five. Five. Two. Two. Eight. Eight. Two. Two. Seven. Two. Three. Two. Six. Four. Five. Eight. Six!*”

Dallas did so and a green bar activated on it. “It seems to be working, what it is.”

“You just activated the Zero Enforcement Response Option.” Stone took another corner “An untested robotic law enforcement officer.”

“If this thing turns into Westworld,” said Dallas “I am blaming you completely!”

"Uh boss its Montenegro." Spectre whispered nervously. "He doesn't sound happy."

With a sigh Overrider double tapped his headset before hearing a torrent of cursing come down the fibre optics. "Tick-Tock just went into $%^#%g cardiac arrest! And we have company! The pigs with powers have just arrived back home."

Overrider looked at Impala, “We need to get to roof.”

No Caption Provided

Officer Z.E.R.O marched directly towards Montenegro, the villain’s cold gun barely affecting him. He looked at the ice wall, studied it briefly and smashed a steel fist into it, setting Detective Danny Granville and the S.W.A.T members free from their prison. The large bearded villain looked at the odds stacked against him and then down to Tick-Tock who sat against the wall struggling to breathe.

“You are on your own!” Montenegro turned and ran. Officer Z.E.R.O started after him but stopped when he got to the ailing Tick-Tock.

“This man requires medical attention” it stated in a hollow electronic voice.

“I got him, you go get the other guy!” yelled Danny as he came to Tick-Tock’s aide.

The Code: Blue van mounted the curb and sped towards the front of the building as Montenegro stepped outside. Stone gunned the van and aimed it at him.

“Stone!” shouted Dallas.

Montenegro drew his piton gun and fired a solid steel spike into the front wheel causing the van to jerk to the left. Stone slammed on the brakes and leapt out of the van, gun out.

“First and last warning! Hands up!”

Montenegro went for his alpine gun when Stone shot it out of his hands causing the freezing liquid to leak out of it.

“Do you know how much those cost?” he snarled as he fired a piton at Stone which hit him square in the chest. Stone stumbled back and checked the damage; the vest that scientists had built stopped the nasty spike. Stone returned fire hitting him in the wrist. Montenegro put his hands up.

No Caption Provided

Overrider, Impala and Spectre looked at each other as the lift stopped at the thirteenth floor, one short of the roof. The doors opened and standing there was Captain Blake Burdick and Detective Vinnie Evans with a nasty bruise on his face.

“Freeze!” yelled Burdick levelling his gun at the trio, Evans following suit.

“Whoa! Okay.” Overrider stated as a third officer joined the pair. “You guys are the brass after all.” He added smiling a knowing grin. “So officers, what else can we do for you?”

“They are surrendering?” Evans spat as he inched forward. “Guess this is going to be easy.”

Captain Burdick looked at the patrol man who joined them, the name P. Oca on his badge. He didn’t know him but was glad for the help. Blake produced some handcuffs. “All three of you are under arrest for trespassing on government property. You have…”

He stopped as the building shook and the sound of heavy footsteps sounded on the roof. “What the hell is that?”

“Our backup!” Impala purred before extending her bo-staff to maximum length and charging it with electricity. “Surrender and you won’t be harmed.”

“Put the glow stick down!” barked Evans.

Then Oca fired which started Evans and Burdick to open fire. Impala spun the staff with speed and precision, the bullets disintegrating on contact with a few ricocheting into the walls and the lift.

“They are not to leave this building do you understand!!” Captain Burdick roared before flicking out a retractable baton and charging at Impala. She easily parried the blow and struck back only for the Captain to intercept with a clumsy but effective block.

“You’re not the first super criminal I’ve fought.” He stated as Evans flicked out his own baton and charged into the fray, his target swiftly spinning out the way, his charge sending him through Spectre and into Overrider.

“Your colleague appears to be less versed in the noble fighting arts.” Impala stated. “You however have some skill, but not enough to cross sticks with me and win.”

She spun her bo-staff again, the rotating stave ripping the baton from Burdick’s hand and sending it clattering to the ground. “I would advise you to withdraw or risk losing a hand.”

Burdick eyed the spinning staff and the energy discharge before taking three paces back.

“Good.” Impala stated. “Now get…hey what the…”

Burdick crash tackled her to the ground the staff falling to the floor. They tumbled into a bank of filing cabinets before hitting the floor.

“You want a hand?” Spectre asked as she picked up 8-Ball from where he was slumped in the corner.

“This one is mine!” Impala hissed as she scratched Burdick across the face. “I haven’t fought like this for an age. It’s a shame you’re a lawman, you have the poise and skill of a warrior.”

“Thanks!” Burdick’s elbow slammed her in the face.In the lift Evans slammed Overrider’s face into the wall.

“Isn’t this fun Overrider?” Screamed Impala before biting Burdick on the arm.

“No, this isn’t my kind of combat.” Overrider moaned as he pushed Evans back and activated the targeting laser in his helmet, a red beam of light painting Evans’s body a deep scarlet. “Now this, this is my kind of fight.”

A massive bronze mechanical hand slammed through the roof and grabbed Evans, the officer squirming in a futile attempt to escape. “Spectre, get Jeff to the roof now!”

“Don’t just stand there, stop her!” Burdick yelled at Oca as he twisted Impala’s head. Oca drew a flechette gun from his holster and opening fire into the group of fighting officers and villains, the darts bouncing off the walls and hard surfaces as Spectre sprung up through the hole in the roof.

“Impala, time to go.” Overrider stated as the villainess pinned Burdick to the ground before giving him a long seductive kiss on the lips.

“Thanks for the fight Tiger.” She purred before slamming a quick punch into his chest. “We must do this again some time.” She added as she and Overrider climbed up out of the hole and onto the roof where Evans was ‘embedded’ in a buckled air conditioning unit, his super size robotic assailant standing passively at the edge of the roof ready for departure.

“Okay Brass.” Overrider stated as the robot picked up 8-Ball in one hand and Impala and himself in the other, “Black Lodge now!”

The robot leapt to the next rooftop, Spectre sailing after them under her own power.

Stone moved in to cuff Montenegro when the big man lashed out, knocking Stone’s gun away. A big fist knocked Stone’s sunglasses off his face. The lieutenant smiled making Montenegro slightly uncomfortable, but not as uncomfortable as the swift kick to the groin from Marcus’ steel capped boot. The Code: Blue leader went to town on the mountaineer. Montenegro got in a few hits but they were few and far between.

“I give!” panted Montenegro spitting blood and a tooth onto the concrete.

No Caption Provided

“Don’t care!” replied Stone as he came in again unloading a barrage of punches.

“Should we do something?” asked Molly as they watched the fight from a safe distance.

“I tried earlier,” said Dallas “I’m going to…oh look that must be that Zero thingy”

The robot marched up behind Montenegro and clamped a metallic hand around his neck “You are under arrest!”

Montenegro squirmed but was unable to get free. Lt Stone marched over, wound up and smashed him in the mouth.

“Okay now we help, otherwise this could go all Rodney King!” said Dallas as they raced over and grabbed Marcus’ arms.

“You’re dead!” spat Montenegro through busted teeth, his beard tinged with crimson from all the blood leaking from his mouth and nose.

“Just a bit further Jeff.” Spectre stated as the team of villains ran along the shoreline of Roosevelt Island. “We’re almost there.” She added as Brass barrelled through a blockade of police cars, the others following in the robot’s wake.

“Do you think Montenegro and Tick-Tock made it out okay?” Overrider asked as Brass turned a corner and headed for the tram station.

“I…I don’t feel so good.” Impala coughed before collapsing. “I think this is blood. That police officer, he must have, must have hit with me a ricochet.”

“Oh god!” Overrider whispered. “Oh no, no don’t do this to me. Brass, come you need to carry Impala as well.”

“Not enough time. There’s something I need to tell you.” Impala coughed as Overrider bent in close and whispered something inaudible even to the keen senses of Brass and Spectre. Finally Overrider pulled away and nodded before rolling up Impala’s sleeve and removing a bracelet from her arm.

“She…she’s dead.” Spectre stated before bending down and closing Impala’s eyes. “She did enough good in her life to avoid eternal damnation. But not enough to achieve eternal rest either. May your next life be better than this one.”

Spectre pulled the flechette from the blood soaked blouse she wore. “As an embodiment of vengeance I’ll make sure your killer receives triple the pain for his deeds.” The wind wiping up around them as Brass picked up Impala’s body and carried it towards the tram station and the secret hospital hidden underneath.

“Farwell Impala.” Overrider stated. “I’ll make sure that you get back to your family. And I will find Diamondback; you have my word on that.”

No Caption Provided

Blake Burdick, Vinnie Evans, Dallas Riordan, Molly Von Richthofen, Danny Granville and Marcus Stone sat in the OCU break room, a case of beer opened on the table.

“What happened to your face Evans?” asked Dallas pointing to the detectives injuries.

“What the busted nose from the Punisher or the lump from where the robot smashed me into an air conditioner?”

Dallas smiled “Didn’t quite knock the ugly off your face though!”

Molly chuckled, even Marcus cracked a slight smile.

“What a $#! day!” stated Captain Burdick as he sipped his beer.

“Tomorrow is going to be worse Captain.” said Molly.

“Oh god she’s effing right!” groaned Dallas.

“Why?” asked Danny.

“PAPERWORK!”

To be continued in their respective titles

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@batkevin74: This was fun. Poor Evans, his ugly face is going to take a while to heal. I feel sorry for Stone (and Impala of course) when Internal Affairs find out what he did to a surrendered prisoner. Who would have thought Dallas would be the voice of reason?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: What I liked was Burdick, who knew he was such a tough guy!

May have to delve into his past. This was a fun crossover with plenty of plot lines to pick on: Officer Z.E.R.O, Montenegro Vs Stone, Impala's death, what exactly happened to Jeff, Captain Burdick's fights with super villains, Tick-Tock, the nightmare of paperwork on what happened.

Good stuff, we shall do it again

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#5  Edited By wildvine

@impurestcheese & @batkevin74

That was something. Robots, cops, villains, death, mayhem.

Honestly not even gonna try to tie in. Might do a casual reference. Crazy day to live in New York. : P

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@wildvine: Yes and I can honestly say it gets crazier. Looks like the city needs an ULTIMATUM

No Caption Provided

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74: What happened to Jeff will be revealed on St Valentines.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@batkevin74: Nice bits of action. Need a Brass/ZERO fight. :)