Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By ekrolo

THOR AGENTS OF ASGARD

KINGSLAYER PART 2

Thor, Loki, Sif and Volstagg walked through a great hall, at the end of it stood giant golden doors to the throne room, as the doors opened they saw Odin himself talking with the Dwarven emissary, they'reconversation was interrupted as the group came up to them.

"Its so good of you to join us Thor, I assume you celebrated well? " Odin didn't even try to hide his sarcasm.

"Very well father, a shame it was.... interrupted by such a tragedy. " Thor lowered his voice, he didn't want to offend the dwarf standing near him.

"Indeed, everyone I would like you to meet Brokk, loyal servant of the deceased king and next in line of succession. "

The Dwarf took a good hard look at the Asgardians, he breathed deeply through his nose and then spoke. "You two smell like crap, really Odin, I thought you Asgardians would make a beer that didn't smell likeHellspawn shit. " The Dwarf laughed, while everyone was looking at him, they knew dwarves were blunt but they didn't expect that in the presence of the Allfather.

"Well now that the.... pleasantries are over with, I have a mission for the four of you, the council of Nidavellirhas asked for our assistance, that is why im sending you all there to investigate the murder, Brokk will oversee your stay there, I trust you will treat my sons and his comrades with the upmost respect sir Brokk? "

"Aye! " The Dwarf said as he hit his helmet with his axe, it was the Dwarven version of the salute. Odin gaveSif, Volstagg and Brokk a hand gesture to leave but he went up to his sons and whispered in their ears.

"This is a very important mission, but I ask that you be careful, this Kingslayer is unlike any assassins ive seen and I ask that you both be careful and not do anything that could make the situation worse. "

Thor and Loki just looked at each other, then at Odin and nodded at the king, he smiled back at them and watched as they exited the throne room. The group sat on their horses and galloped to the Observatory, the gate at the edge of the Byfrost that allowed instant transportation between the Nine Realms. As they approach the structure, there stood Heimdall, the ever watchful guardian of the Byfrost and the first line of defense against the Kingslayer.

"Hail Heimdall! "said Thor he stood at the forefront of the group.

"My princes. " The guardian bowed to them, and they bowed back. "So you're off to find the Kingslayer, I fear it may be a mission too great even for you. "

"What makes you say that? " Said Sif.

"I saw from afar what happened and..... I could not see the Kingslayer enter or leave, it was as if he was... invisible, a ghost, I ask that you be careful, this is powerful magic at work here, and I do not wish too seeOdin's sons dead. "

He lead the group into the observatory, he approached a large pedestal and jabbed his sword into it, from the blade massive energy was released, the observatory started spinning around and turning to faceNidavellir, Heimdall twisted his sword like a crank and released the Byfrost. The group immediately jumped into it knowing that if the Byfrost stayed open too long, it could destroy entire planets.

The group saw just bright flashes as they were hurtled towards the planets surface at an incredible speed, yet the Byfrost closed just in time for them to land safely. This was the first time in many years that Thor and Loki had gone to Nidavellir, the world may have been a barren wasteland on the surface, but below it was a massive complex of caves that made the planet impossible to ever conquer.

"Aahhhh" Brokk took a deep breath and a giant smile ran across his face. "Finally! Im back home! " The Dwarf sounded like he hated being on Asgard, it was totally out of the question since most dwarves aren'tknown for their grace or liking of the sun.

"This is the palace of kings, you should feel honored Asgardians, only a few outsiders are ever allowed to come here, its not as fancy as your golden buildings or your flying watchtowers, but this place atleast his personality! "

Loki looked at his brother with annoyance, he didn't like drunk imbeciles and he already knew he despised this bothersome dwarf. "If this fool doesn't shut up soon, I cant be held responsible for what I do to him. " Thor couldn't tell if his brother was joking or serious, but he just smiled back at him.

They entered the dining hall, the place was still ruined from the attack, the dwarves were surprisingly organized, they rebuilt what they had to and even left markers from the assassination, every important piece of evidence was there.

Volstagg could smell the fine beer of Nidavellir, the dwarves were renowned not only for their mastery weapons crafting but also their skill with the creation of alcohol. But he turned back his attention to the matter at hand, not wanting to annoy Loki who already looked like he was going to turn the Dwarf into a frog and stomp on him.

"So how did the assassin enter? " Said Loki breaking the silence while looking around the room.

"We were celebrating as the king finished his speech, then an explosion came up from above crushing dozens of dwarves, he took down 7 dwarves with his bare hand and seemingly teleported behind the king and cut his head off, then he set of more explosions to the support pillars and then disappeared again. "

Loki walked around the room, carefully examining the points of entry and escape. There was no physical evidence that of the Kingslayer so Loki had to try something else. He closed his eyes and whispered a spell chant, suddenly he could feel all the energy that was in the room, he recognized the dwarves, their equipment but when looking at the Kingslayer's energy he found something disturbing.

"Thor, I searched this place through and the Kingslayer used a phasing spell to disappear, basically he a spell that allows you to float and go through wall's, that's how he managed to quickly appear behind the king, teleportation spell would take too long to conjure, however his explosives means were.... something else. " Loki had a worried look on his face, he knew it couldn't be who he thought it was.

"Loki? You do not look well? " Thor snapped him out of his thoughts.

"The Kingslayer used Starks fusion reactors to cause the explosions! "

Sif, Volstagg and Brokk didn't even know what or who Loki was talking about, Thor on the other handcouldn't believe it, did Tony Stark his comrade on Midgard assist the Kingslayer?

"How is that possible? "

"When we met Iron Man a few months ago, I sensed the power in his suit and it was used here, however it was enchanted with something, the explosion on the ceiling created a hole that should have lead almost to the surface, that means some one or something took Starks reactor, enchanted it to gather magic like a black hole, and then set it on a timer and then BOOM! All the gathered energy would be released and whole underground kingdom would be brought down. "

"A good story, but it didn't do THAT much damage. "

"Yes..... It seems the Kingslayer sorely underestimated dwarven skill in architecture, I doubt he wanted to just kill the king considering the means he used, why not kill him like the Dark Elf lord? Just kill him in his sleep, no, this was probably some one different, some one who wanted to send a message to all the Nine Realms..... "

"I must go see Stark, Volstagg, you and I are going to Midgard. "

"Thor.... if Stark really did assist in this, you know what you have to do.... "

Thor looked away from his brother but silently whispered. "Yes, I know.... " Thor and Volstagg left the room leaving Loki, Sif and Brokk to continue searching for more clues, little did they know a cloaked figure was looking at them....

Avatar image for darth_brendroid
darth_brendroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By darth_brendroid

Interesting. Some of the same issues as in the first one (sentence length, mainly, though some description seems a little rushed) but interesting; I like where this seems to be headed.

GR2Blackout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 63

#2  Edited By GR2Blackout

@ekrolo said:

"I must go see Stark, Volstagg, you and I are going to Midgard. "

From the sounds of that I can tell there's gonna be an Iron man crossover.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#3  Edited By TheCannon

This is even better than the first one. If that's possible.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By batkevin74

@ekrolo said:

Thor, Loki, Sif and Volstagg walked through a great hall, at the end of it stood giant golden doors to the throne room, as the doors opened they saw Odin himself talking with the Dwarven emissary, they'reconversation was interrupted as the group came up to them.

"Its so good of you to join us Thor, I assume you celebrated well? " Odin didn't even try to hide his sarcasm.

"Very well father, a shame it was.... interrupted by such a tragedy. " Thor lowered his voice, he didn't want to offend the dwarf standing near him.

"Indeed, everyone I would like you to meet Brokk, loyal servant of the deceased king and next in line of succession. "

The Dwarf took a good hard look at the Asgardians, he breathed deeply through his nose and then spoke. "You two smell like crap, really Odin, I thought you Asgardians would make a beer that didn't smell likeHellspawn shit. " The Dwarf laughed, while everyone was looking at him, they knew dwarves were blunt but they didn't expect that in the presence of the Allfather.

"Well now that the.... pleasantries are over with, I have a mission for the four of you, the council of Nidavellirhas asked for our assistance, that is why im sending you all there to investigate the murder, Brokk will oversee your stay there, I trust you will treat my sons and his comrades with the upmost respect sir Brokk? "

"Aye! " The Dwarf said as he hit his helmet with his axe, it was the Dwarven version of the salute. Odin gaveSif, Volstagg and Brokk a hand gesture to leave but he went up to his sons

They bold stuff is where you've mashed two words together. Some of your sentences are a tad comma heavy but overall this is good. Keep it up

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By batkevin74
No Caption Provided