Marvel Iron Age: The Man Without Fear #5

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Here Comes Daredevil!: Part 4

Note: Ignore the white skin in the image below.

No Caption Provided

New York City

The rooftops of New York were like an ocean filled with stepping stones. If someone made a single false step they could drown in the corruption and chaos right beneath their feet.

"So you're going after that Fixer guy?"

Daredevil and Spider-Man made their way across the buildings like they'd done it a thousand times, the way they moved seemed similar to a well rehearsed ballroom dance. The two costumed heroes leaped, bounded and weaved through the city before finally arriving on a water tower located right on the edge of Hell's Kitchen, in the distance orange beams of sunlight shot across the sky as the sun began to set behind the skyscrapers in the distance.

"What's your point?" The vigilante asked, taking a moment to get his bearings from his perch upon the tower. Usually he'd be able to cross the entire city of New York with little difficulty, however he'd misplaced his trademark billy club during his encounter with the Fixer... and that had just complicated things.

"Just seems like a waste of your time." The Spider answered from the side of the structure, clinging to it with his feet. "I mean... it's great! Amazing in fact! But it just kinda seems like the Iron Army should be on the top of your priorities."

The Man Without Fear frowned before dropping down to the roof and continuing his run, Spider-Man was close behind, keeping up with his new ally quite easily. A rush of smells, sounds and other similar senses filled the vigilante's body as he let the flow of the city fill him.

"I'd prefer to stay completely neutral." He admitted. "Focus on keeping people alive."

"Why's that?" Spider-Man asked, shooting a web to keep up with his friend's pace.

"Let's just see I've seen the worst of both the Iron Army and your little Rebel army."

Finally the vigilante arrived at his destination, a rooftop entrance into the building below was guarded by some kind of retinal scanner. Daredevil pulled off his mask and positioned his right eye into the device, leaving Spider-Man to ponder the mystery behind his words. After a couple of seconds the scanner flashed bright green, allowing the door to unlock with a loud click.

"Do I even wanna ask?" Spider-Man asked as the two stepped into the building and walked down a dark flight of stairs.

"Watch the step on your left." Daredevil instructed. "It's a bit loose." His hand brushed against the wall once he reached the bottom of the stairs where he flicked on a light switch, illuminating the room in a cold, white light. Spider-Man stared in amazement at the secret hideout filled to the brim with equipment, costumes and trophies.

"Sorry if it's a bit dusty." The vigilante muttered while grabbing a new pair of billy clubs from one of the metal cases located throughout the room. "I don't really turn the lights on."

Spider-Man stared at the Devil's headquarters in pure amazement. "Nice digs!" He said, glancing at a case filled with the remains of a tattered, Daredevil costume. "I have a base just like it!" He lied. The boy's heart started beating quickly in his chest, causing the vigilante to smirk slightly. "Actually that's not true." He admitted, rubbing the back of his head. "I live with my aunt. In her... apartment." The young hero paused. "And like a bunch of Spider vigilante guys... and a psycho who dresses like an old Egyptian god."

The boy was strange. Daredevil could tell from just being in his presence.

"Thanks for your help." He said, ignoring Spider-Man's ramblings. "Couldn't have made it back here without you."

"Any time!" The boy said while sitting down on a wheeled chair and rolling across the room. "What're you gonna do now?"

The Devil took a step onto the staircase and flicked off the light, only showing the red outline of his costume and giving off an incredibly dramatic appearance.

"I tried taking the Fixer down with a frontal assault." He rubbed the bruise on the back of his head and gripped his reclaimed billy club. "Now I'm going to try a different method."

"Cool! Can I come?"

The Bronze

Abigail Leeds stared at the writing covering the walls of her office. For the past few hours she'd done nothing but conduct research on one man.

Daredevil.

She looked at the various small details she'd wrote on sticky paper and slowly merged it all together into a jumbled mash. After a couple of seconds something clicked in her mind.

"Somebody get Brick!" Abbie yelled to one of her fellow reporters. "I think Daredevil might be the janitor!"

Deacon Wright chuckled to himself while walking out into a nearby alleyway with a wad of money in his hand. A large, wooden baseball bat was tossed casually over his shoulder, and beneath the purple ski mask he was incredibly smug about his work. The side door to the local grocery he'd just robbed slammed shut just as he undid the zipepr to his pants and began relieving himself on the alley wall.

"Nice! Very hygenic!"

The thug let out a loud gasp and swung his body around towards the strange, chirpy voice right behind him. A strong, firm hand gripped his throat, and Deacon found himself staring into the bright red eyes of the Hell's Kitchen Devil.

"Hello Mister Wright." Daredevil growled before effortlessly pushing the thug further into the alley. Up on a nearby fire escape, Spider-Man was overseeing the events. "I was passing by and couldn't help but notice your little transaction."

"Oh god!" Deacon dropped the cash and swung his bat, aiming towards the skull of his assailant. The vigilante gripped the bat and ripped it out of the third rate criminal's hands before snapping it with his knee.

"Not quite." He said as the thug began to back away from the man dressed in blood red spandex.

"I don't know anything!"

Daredevil pushed Wright up against the alley wall and glared deep into his soul. "You're lying, Deacon." He pointed out, keeping a calm tone which made him seem even more terrifying. "I think you know something very important. I think you're actually quite smart and know a lot more then you're letting on." Deacon's heart began to beat even faster, sending a smile across the Devil's face. "Who's the Fixer?"

"No idea!"

KRACK!

Blood covered Daredevil's knuckles, the once powerful thug let out a little sob as Spider-Man jumped in behind the vigilante and stared at the bloody wound in surprise.

"I'd suggest talking." Spider-Man yawned before leaning against a dumpster on the other side of the alley. "I'm afraid I can't handle my friend back any longer."

"I'll talk!"

Daredevil released his grasp around the pathetic figure's body, letting him gasp for air and let out a few tears. Spider-Man glanced at the crying criminal before looking to his friend.

"Think he deserved that?" He asked, generally curious. Daredevil shrugged slightly.

"The Fixer... the main guy..." Deacon gasped before straightening up and resting on the alley wall. "His real name's Jack Traynor."

The Devil and the Spider both glanced at each other before turning back towards their captive.

"We know." Daredevil said, looming over the injured criminal and filling him with fear. "The real question is... are you willing to talk?"

An electronic hum filled the air, Daredevil's head snapped towards it, Spider-Man followed his gaze and the two men were suprised by the sight of the Iron Soldier hovering above them.

"Holy Stark!" Deacon yelled just as the Soldier let out a blue repulsor blast directly towards the Man Without Fear. Without a moment's hesitation Spider-Man leaped in the way of the blast, taking a hit to the chest sending him tumbling into a pile of metal bins near the alley entrance. Daredevil whipped out his billy clubs and got into a defensive stance, turning his full attention to the Iron Soldier descending towards him.

He grit his teeth upon hearing Deacon run away in terror.

"Daredevil!" Captain Alberon's voice boomed from behind his helmet's speaker. "By order of the Supreme Commander stand down or prepare to be fired upon!"

Things weren't looking good for the Devil of Hell's Kitchen.

Next Issue: Daredevil VS the Iron Army!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Cool, tho I half expected Spider-man to defend the Spiders at least a little. Technically the group itself hasn't been directly involved in much destruction in the city.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Fair point I guess. Although I get the feeling Spidey could tell that DD wasn't in the mood to talk about politics and decided to drop the conversation he started.

:)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: The Man Without Fear has a bit of a past.

Then again I guess Ben (like all the best Spider-Men) doesn't know when to shut up.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@tommythehitman: . "I think Daredevil might be the janitor!" Ha ha ha ha if only J Jonah Jameson checked his 616 staff as well as these guys :)

"Actually that's not true." He admitted, rubbing the back of his head. "I live with my aunt. In her... apartment." The young hero paused. "And like a bunch of Spider vigilante guys... and a psycho who dresses like an old Egyptian god." Actually he lives with his dad Maximillian Kairos who doesn't like him being Spider-Man :)

You got the dynamic right between your DD and IA Spider-Man pretty right. Looking forward to next issue

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: It is going better than the usual Hardy And Creed Team up, in that, someone would have been stabbed by now.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Yeah the dynamic between DD and Spidey is one of the things I wanted to focus on in this issue as they're my favourite team up partnership.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Hmm what connection is the Fixer to the Iron Army again?

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268