Marvel Iron Age: The beginning part 4

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Record start My name is David Hardy and I am a spider, I don't have any powers or anything I just know what's right and tho Iron army isn't it

I was on a simple run, just delivering some info to some Thorites planning a big protest, basically giving them locations that would get them a lot of attention without having to worry about getting slaughtered by the tin men. After I was done I hopped down in the sewer to get back out of the city, this big spider tattoo on my back wouldn't go over too well in city limits. While I was heading out I noticed some activity and my curiosity got the best of me. I snuck toward where I had heard people moving around and they seemed to have just left.

I had found my way into what appeared to be a massive laboratory under the city and this room didn't seem to be in use as it was stacked with boxes. While I was there I noticed a large stack of compact discs sitting on top of an antique laptop. I checked to see if it worked and to my surprise it did perfectly. I grabbed the stack and the computer and left, Madam Web is always interested in these kinds of things and I figured there was a possibility it they might have some useful intel on them. I started to get the feeling I was being watched, but I doubt it since no alarms were going off but either way I knew not to stick around long.

Once I was safely out of the city, I decided to check out what I had found, it was far more than I had expected. The discs turned out to be the research notes from a Dr. Nathaniel Essex, the name sounded familiar I'll have to ask someone about it later, In them was the truth about why the Iron army really took down all the mutants and super humans. Apparently the Chairman had made some kind of arrangement with the doctor where and they collected these people to basically dissect and find out how to utilize their abilities. There were some videos of some of these procedures but they were hard to watch, I've seen some horrible things in my time as a spider but this was on a different level. The Doctor's casual almost bored tone of voice playing over the visual was almost as terrifying as what I saw.

I'll be taking this directly to Madam Web hopefully it'll be of some use. End Record

Two men sat in the shadows listening to David Hardy making his recording, one was crouched like an animal staring very intently at the other man awaiting instructions, the other man was Dr. Nathaniel Essex, better known as Mr. Sinister. A smirk appeared on his face as he looked toward his minion and said "Now that is how you set a spider trap. Follow him and bring me back samples of some of those with the spider powers, I have far too much useless human DNA already."

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1  Edited By batkevin74

Gently gently catch a monkey, seems sneaky sneaky catch a spider!

Very nice, I do hope Mr Sinister's minion is someone new!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: Yup, brand new.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By AweSam

I like it. Who's your central protagonist going to be?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

@AweSam: : I don't really have one yet, the next one will be all about the dude in charge of the Iron army and Ferrum Tech and after that I'll start connecting the story together

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AweSam

@joshmightbe: Are you still keeping Stryfe a secret?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By joshmightbe

@AweSam: I was going to introduce him properly in my next chapter

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#7  Edited By The Impersonator

Awesome!

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PrinceIMC

I like it.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By batkevin74

The Cage, Ferrum Tech secret sub-basement

Eye yam an Ahh bom in ah shun. Eye dohn no wot thet meanz. Eye jarst doo wot doc torr sez. Yes tur day eye broked a mahn. Doc torr zed he woz a spy der. Hee screamd alot. Hee sed fings bhut eye dohnt und er stand wot.

“What are you doing you loser?”

Abomination looked up from his crayons and instinctively hid it under his massive green arm

“Nuffin”

“You drawing pretty flowers again?” asked Gremlin, there was nastiness in his voice. Abomination didn’t like Gremlin. Maybe it was his three eyes. Maybe it was his clawed toes. Maybe it was he was mean

“Go away!”

“Show me or I’ll tell the doc!”

Abomination didn’t want to, but he didn’t want trouble. Slowly, sheepishly he held out the piece of paper

Gremlin snatched it away. He looked at the purple chicken scrawl on the paper

“Are you trying to write?” asked Gremlin “You giant, stupid green freak!”

“Give back!”

Gremlin tore the paper in half “What?”

“NO!” Abomination stormed across the room swinging his fists. Gremlin leap away easily and tore the paper in half again

“Don’t!” cried Abomination flailing after Gremlin as he bounced about the room

“You’re a big giant stupid” laughed Gremlin, but his derisive laughter was cut short when Abomination caught one of Gremlin’s toe claws and slammed him into the floor

“Only kidding freak” yelped Gremlin putting his hands up in surrender

Abomination raised his fists to pound him into mush

Suddenly both Abomination and Gremlin screamed in pain as the electro-shock devices in their frontal lobes activated. Dr Essex stood at the lift door of The Cage looking at his two creations writhe in pain. He smiled and waited a few seconds more before stopping their pain

“What have I told you two about fighting?” he chided

“He started it!” snapped Gremlin

“Did not” cried Abomination

Dr Essex hit the button again and watched them convulse on the floor. He turned off the pain

“Gremlin come with me” he clicked his fingers and got back into the lift. Gremlin stuck his tounge out at Abomination and scurried after his master “See ya stupid”

Abomination gathered up his torn pieces of paper and clutched them tightly. He slinked away back to his cot and hid the paper with the several other bits of art and writing he’d done

“Not stupid”

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: I see a lot of potential in your Abomination character

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe: This is the start of your Hardy & Creed...well the intro anyways :)

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

This was really good; and then there was another bit by another writer and it got even better. Really good work gentlemen...(well that's an assumption but pretty accurate josh & kevin). Slowly working through the Marvel Iron Age, please keep up the good writing

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Onwards and more

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers