Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Time_Phantom

Marvel Iron Age: Lady Deathstrike # 8

Author Note: Relevant stories if you want a recap-

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/marvel-iron-age-in-stryfe-we-trust/711987/#4

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/marvel-iron-age-lady-deathstrike-7/692296/#6

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/marvel-iron-age-lady-deathstrike-6/685355/#9

San Francisco Bay,

The yacht of Mr. Nobody:

“Keep it up time traveler’s kid. I need that voice sample if we want that vault to open up.”

Lieutenant Amanda Trask of the Iron Army mingled with the party goers. Classical music played through the ships radio. People danced, laughed, and helped themselves to the bar. The Lieutenant however was stiff and awkward. She had asked the help Ngumi Takada a former agent of SHIELD with this assignment. She agreed when the right leverage was applied. She whispered into her bracelet communicator, “Well you go ahead and get that DNA sample. You don’t want to know what—“

“Good to see you, Amanda!’ A harsh voice said behind her.

The officer turned around to meet a pale skinned, dark haired man with dead eyes looking at her. She swallowed hard, even though the moisture in her mouth was gone. “Mr. Nobody.”

4 hours ago:

“Ngumi we need to talk.” Lieutenant Trask said.

Ngumi walked through her dressing room door and sat down on her couch; exhausted from her performance. “Do we time traveler’s kid?

Trask slammed the door shut behind the ex-Shield agent. “Yes we do. You’re living in my city under an assumed identity, I personally suspect you in several killings in the past several weeks and regardless of your current status as a former Shield rebel you are an enemy of the state.”

Ngumi raised an eyebrow, “So you haven’t arrested me because?”

Trask rolled her eyes and marched in front of her. “I like living. I also need your help.” Trask raised her arm and a hologram in the shape of a gauntlet covered her arm and created a 3D display of a strange device. “A criminal from Chicago has been stealing equipment that could build this device.”

“So what?” Ngumi yawned.

“A device named in— notes of some old scientist Reed Richards— I— think. The Ultimate Nullifier.” Trask said in a disorganized way.

Ngumi examined the Lieutenant. Her face was like stone and she stood confidently in front of her. But her body shook and her eyes were wide. She was afraid of something, and it was serious enough for her to come here. “Fine. What are we going to do about it?”

Trask shut the projection off and took a deep breath. “Thanks.” She exhaled. “I would seem I owe you a debt.”

“More than one.” Ngumi said smiling at Trask and getting up. “Whats going on Amanda?”

Ngumi took her arm. Trask flinched and Ngumi let go. “I messed up.” Trask said in a quiet voice.

San Francisco Bay,

The yacht of Mr. Nobody:

“I am so glad a representative of the Iron Army could make it to this event.” Mr. Nobody put his hand out to Trask. “I take it the brass doesn’t know about it yet?”

Trask glared at the man and took his hand. “I won’t endanger my men for my mistake.” Trask allowed herself to be pulled in close for a dance. “You and your mercenary’s took something that didn’t belong to you. I’m going to get it back before anyone knows it was gone.”

“Come on we were a good team weren’t we? You gave me information, you always got a cut and I do one little job without you knowing and you turn into a starking nutcage.” Mr. Nobody said, continuing their dance. “I only moved out here when Chicago got too…”

“When you got too afraid of Shadows.” Trask cut in. “But you’ve gone too far and it ends tonight.”

“Then I hope the Iron Army isn’t looking too close at their accounts. Competing with this crowd they may notice a substantial dip.” Mr. Nobody said gesturing with his head at the party goers. “I wonder much money you’re willing to spend going up against some of the worst criminal’s, killers and thieves around?”

“I’m here aren’t I?” Trask grunted.

Ngumi,

Mr. Nobody’s quarters:

“Damn it!” Ngumi swore. Mr. Nobody’s room was large. Everything was an antique, frm the bed to the glasses and crystal that adorned the ceiling. She searched the place from top to bottom. She tore the sheets off the bed, looked at every drinking glass and scanned every surface. Nothing! The room was clean.

“Amanda I don’t know what you’re doing but keep him talking! I can’t get a sample. So get creative!” Ngumi barked over her communicator.

“I heard something in the boss’s room!”

<Kuso!> Ngumi cursed in Japanese. She tapped a button her suits collar and the light around became distorted and she vanished; becoming invisible.

Two men walked in carrying pistols, they looked confused at the disheveled room. “What the stark happened in here?” Said, one of the guards; before his partner could answer they both heard a noise like someone was unsheathing a sword and then what sounded like ripping meat.

“Awk!” A guard said, making a gurgling sound as blood seeped from his throat and mouth.

The other guard looked at his partner in horror as the figure of a woman dislodging a sword from his neck appeared seemingly out on nowhere. “How did you—“ Ngumi moved fast, gouging out the man’s eye and shoving deep into the gunman’s brain before he could react.

Ngumi pushed the body off her sword with a kick to the chest; letting the body fall over in a heap. She pressed the button on the neck of her suit and returned to invisibility.

2 hours ago:

Ngumi and Liutenant Trask stood a distance away from the line forming up at the docked yacht. Ngumi was fully suited up for the mission and went through all the details in her head. “Plans for a device called the Ultimate Nullifier were stolen. That would explain Mr. Nobody ransacking that building a few weeks ago.” She thought.

“Where do you think the device is?” Ngumi questioned.

Trask stood next to Ngumi, wearing a formal dress gown. “The device is in a vault on the second level; requiring his voice and a DNA sample to open it.”

Ngumi remained quiet. “He’s trying to auction it off to some of the representatives of several organizations… criminal or otherwise.”

“So having a bunch of guards around with guns…”

“Would be aggravating to a potential buyer.” Trask said. “There will be an armed presence, but nothing too provocative. Guests will be unarmed.”

Ngumi nodded. “Right. We’ve got one shot at this.”

“Time to get you to that party.”

San Francisco Bay,

The yacht of Mr. Nobody:

“Without me you’d still be that mutant living in Chicago’s slums.” Trask grunted at Mr. Nobody. “I’ve stuck my neck out for you time and time again. I’m going to collect tonight.”

Mr. Nobody smirked,”Really?”

Lieutenant Trask pulled him close and kissed him hard; biting his lip and drawing blood. Trask pulled back and snatched a handkerchief from Mr. Nobody’s jacket pocket and wiped her mouth. “Goodbye.” She said walking away from Mr. Nobody.

Mr. Nobody put his pale hand to his lip and whispered. “I’ll be seeing you Amanda.”

Deck two,

Away from the party:

Amanda Trask felt like she was going to throw up. She made a fool of herself on the upper deck and drew too much attention to herself. She barely made it down her without the guards noticing. For some reason or another guards were extra alert and couldn’t stay off their radio’s. Had something happened? Trask couldn’t afford any mess ups not now.

“Did you get the samples?” Ngumi said from behind Trask.

The lieutenant handed, Ngumi and bloody handkerchief and played Nobody’s voice through a recorder hidden in her ear ring. “All here. Let’s go.”

The two women headed on through the dimly lit deck. After walking through a series of corridors; Ngumi

being led by Trask, they find a huge bolted door. “This is it.” Trask said with her eyes wide and a toothy grin on her face.

“I suppose, but I have got to ask you something.” Ngumi said keeping her distance away from Trask.

Trask was annoyed. She was so close and couldn’t wait any longer. “Ngumi, this is not the—!” She was sharply stopped, by Ngumi thrusting her sword through her abdomen.

“You know I don’t mind a coincidence every now and then. I was asked to hunt Mr. Nobody down, sure. You happen to know exactly how to get to him and what he was after…fine. But this device I’m not letting anyone get their hands on if it is as dangerous as you claim.”

Ngumi leaned forward, pushing the blade in deeper and cradling Trask in her free arm; putting her gently down on the icy metal floor. Ngumi whispered into her ear, “Let the shinigami take you gracefully… “Ngumi eased the blade out of Amanda Trask's body and left her lying in a pool of her own blood.

Back at the party:

Mr. Nobody stood at the top of his yacht, high above his guests. The party was going well and tonight was his night. “Ladies! Gentlemen!” He called. The music stopped and everyone’s attention was directed toward the man. “I would like to thank you all for making the trip out this evening. We’re all here for one thing and I myself can’t wait any longer.”

Mr. Nobody smiled; satisfied that everything was going his way tonight. “Let the auction…”

“Sir!” Mr. Nobody snapped his attention toward several members of his security force. This was not a part of the plan. This was going all wrong. “Sir we have a situation!”

Ngumi’s apartment:

Ngumi made it back to her apartment without incident. She typed a few keys into her holo-phone and called, Alan Bryce; the man responsible for her currently living arrangements. The number he gave her went right to his private labs so she was sure the line was safe. The phone rang and went straight to voice-mail. Something that never happened before; but she gave it no thought. “This is Ngumi. “

“I found your ghost. No I did not kill him. But I did find something else…”

Ngumi sat at her kitchen table and sunk in her chair. “He was making something up called the Ultimate Nullifier. There was a junk model of the device on display, along with some plans to make the real deal…”

Chicago,

Alan Bryce’s private labs:

The Iron soldiers ransacking the labs of the former chairman of Bryce Technologies found nothing. The equipment was destroyed, the employees had seemingly vanished and all the data drives had been wiped clean. Along with the backup drives. They were about to pack up and leave, before a message was intercepted by one of the soldiers helmets and played over to the others.

“They were some old paper notes on how to make the device. I made a data-scan of the stuff and burned the originals. I don’t want anyone touching this thing not the Iron Men and not that bitch… Queen Danvers. They’ve got enough guns.

“Someone tell me we’re tracing this call?” One of the Iron soldiers said, looking at each of his fellow soldiers.

“So let’s keep it between you and me, alright? Call me back.”

“Got it!” Exclaimed an Iron soldier.

To be continued

@joshmightbe@batkevin74

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

Cool, liked the end especially

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By batkevin74

@Time_Phantom said:

He was making something up called the Ultimate Nullifier

Holy Stark! That's insane! Imagine that in the wrong, even the right hands! Nice work. Liking Amanda Trask more and more.

And this bit at the end: @Time_Phantom said:

Alan Bryce’s private labs:

The Iron soldiers ransacking the labs of the former chairman of Bryce Technologies found nothing. The equipment was destroyed, the employees had seemingly vanished and all the data drives had been wiped clean. Along with the backup drives. They were about to pack up and leave, before a message was intercepted by one of the soldiers helmets and played over to the others.

“They were some old paper notes on how to make the device. I made a data-scan of the stuff and burned the originals. I don’t want anyone touching this thing not the Iron Men and not that bitch… Queen Danvers. They’ve got enough guns.

“Someone tell me we’re tracing this call?” One of the Iron soldiers said, looking at each of his fellow soldiers.

“So let’s keep it between you and me, alright? Call me back.”

“Got it!” Exclaimed an Iron soldier.

Something's afoot! Good work

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Time_Phantom

Thanks things are going to start heating up for our hero(would we call her that?) very soon.

Yes something is "afoot" what it is... just keep reading.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By batkevin74

@Time_Phantom: With pleasure :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers