Marvel Iron Age Chronicle #4

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Avengers Base, under New York’s Central Park

“The plan is shock and awe,” said Jessica as she pointed to the hologram of the Iron Hall being projected from the centre of the conference table. “Big, loud, and destructive and hopefully we catch the big guy as well. And that’s when we hit Ferrum while they’re looking the other way.”

“So we’re not blowing the Iron Hall?” Hawkeye scratched his head.

“Anthony, our attack on the Iron Hall is a feint,” Vision added. “A diversionary tactic. The Iron Hall will probably be on alert after Jessica’s efforts in Maine. They’ll be expecting something, which we will deliver.”

“Did you guys discuss this when I went to the bathroom?”

“Yeah, we also voted you out of the group.” Samantha smiled and poked her tongue out.

“We’re after the list of Ferrum R&D sites,” Jessica stated. “We neutralise their ability to make things, to replace items that have been damaged.”

“Like them X-Fashion kids,” Hawkeye nodded. “Back when I was in Barton’s Travelling Circus we’d get updates on them mainly as they’d ruin crowd attendance.”

“Faction,” Vision corrected. “X-Faction.”

“Whatever,” Hawkeye moaned.

“Jason, Vision and Corporal America will take on the hall while Samantha, Anthony an…”

“Samantha stays here,” stated Jason forcefully.

“Excuse me?” she replied looking at her demi-god partner. “Are you telling me what to do?”

“You’re in a delic…”

Samantha shot up, slapped him and stormed out of the room leaving Jason standing there, jaw agape wondering what had just happened.

“Smooth,” mocked Hawkeye giving Jason two thumbs up. “By the way where is flag boy?”

Shiva’s Eye, Northern Indakistan

“But it can fix me?” cried Dhanny as he pleaded with Daniel Warstar. “No more demon voice in my head! No more living my life as a burning skeleton!”

“It’s not that simple,” Warstar said. “Wishes never are.”

“Maybe Dormammu is right,” hissed Dhanny as he stomped away kicking dirt all the way.

“Way to go Daniel,” Warstar sighed to himself. “World’s best teacher.”

“So what are you going to do with it?” Krall asked.

“I think I need someone smarter than me to help,” Warstar said. “Go get Naila; we’re going to see a very smart lady.”

Ferrum, Brooklyn Heights

Dolph Stevenson stood in the lobby looking at the damage. “Someone better explain to me what happened?”

“Your little side project,” whispered Conway as he slipped his boss a datapad. Dolph clicked the link and watched as Jack Payden laid waste to several Iron Soldiers and a dozen lab technicians before shooting up the lobby on his way out. The head of Ferrum kept his cool but his hands held the datapad so tight that the screen cracked.

“That…” he pointed at a smear on the floor. “Looks remarkably like a spider doesn’t it?”

“Um yes?” Conway agreed.

“QUARANTINE PROTOCOLS!” barked Dolph as he stormed upstairs.

Chechyen DMZ

“She what?” Ares barked as he looked up from his map as he planned his next assault on the Chinese front.

“Queen…Carol…has…closed…the…border…” said Baron Rancorious the six foot tall spiked insectoid with double eyes who served as the ambassador to New Latveria. “New…Latverian…troops…are…preventing…passage…and…”

“Woman’s gone mad,” hissed Ares as he scooped dup his battleaxe. “Seems I am needed in Doomstadt.”

The Baron grabbed his master by the bicep stopping the war god in his tracks. “My…lord…may…I…make…a…suggestion?”

Ares nodded.

“Ignore…her…going…to…her…will…only…antagonise…her…ridiculous…decision.”

Ares grunted and returned to the table.

Doomstadt, New Latveria

“I don’t mean to question your decision on the border with the Chechy…”

“But seemingly you are?” snapped Carol as she looked at the advisor. “Do I have to explain all my decisions to you?”

“No your majesty.”

Carol got up from her throne and floated into the air. “I closed the border because WHEN the Iron Army steamroll Ares back we’ll be ready for them instead of letting them waltz all the way up to the castle doors. Are you happy with that?”

“Yes, your majesty.”

“Any word from Colorado?”

“No, your majesty.”

Carol looked down at all the people in the throne room. “You can all go.”

“Your majesty?”

“Get out!” snapped Carol. “Leave! Go! I just need a minute silence without you grovelling and bowing. Go! Leave! NOW!”

The people shuffled out quickly as she hovered in the air but finally she was all alone in the throne room. Carol could feel a wave of sadness building in her; it was getting so much that she felt she would burst but the pressures of running an entire country along with coordinating a rebellion added to an extended lifespan where most everyone she knew or cared for was dead. Her hand sparked and she let loose a blast into the floor exploding the ancient marble.

“Bad time?” asked Daniel Warstar as he stepped forward form the shadows with his students.

“Is there ever a good one?” Carol replied as she came down. From the far end of the throne room the doors burst open and in charged a dozen guards. Carol pinched her nose bone. “It’s fine boys.”

“Are you alright your majesty?”

“I SAID I’M FINE!” roared Carol, her eyes flaring with energy that caused the squad to back off and Daniel’s students to cower.

“You need a cup of tea?” Daniel suggested.

“I need…what do you want Daniel?”

Daniel smiled which was infectious and brought Carol down off the internal ledge she was climbing. “I have something that I need some advice about.”

New York Iron Hall

“This is you,” said General Helfitta as the man stepped into the room. The Supreme Commander studied him; it was like looking into a mirror.

“Clone?”

“Of sorts, you’d have to speak to Stevenson about what it actually is.”

The Supreme Commander looked at his highest ranked and longest serving general. “It?”

“Yes, IT!” Helfitta looked at his superior. “If you start naming it and treating it like a real person then you’ll get attached. It’s a thing, a tool. We have it killed instead of you to draw your enemies close.”

“Hmmm,” Stryfe gazed at Falcon, the general feeling the invasion into his thoughts.

“Doubting my motives sir?”

To be continued...

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Im interested in seeing what happens when you clone a clone. Its cool to see Doom's gift eating away at Carol, you just know that was at least half his intention for giving her the throne.

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Poor Carol. It's lonely at the top. The Avengers and Helfitta's stories are about to intersect shortly it seems. Can't wait.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time_phantom: @joshmightbe:A photocopy of a photocopy isn't very good. And yeah Carol's slowly losing it because of the massive burden. And not the Marvel "oh look I'm evil now" way but the proper way that the line gets blurred, ignored and soon she's so far past the line without knowing it.

Stay tuned for some Avengering with some help from a certain gun loving vigilante...I may have said too much

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Hmm interesting, looks like Carol is going to be calling herself Captain Doom any day now

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: The title Lady Doom has been thrown around, not as a compliment and certainly not to her face

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Might be interesting to see how she's dealing with Cable since he's living in Doomsdadt and wearing Doom's mask now. I know everyone knows he's not the real Doom, but if Carol is cracking that can't be something she enjoys.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268