Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#1  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
Kingdom X #1 

The rain was thundering down as I made my way down the grey streets that where no longer London. The alleyways where full of debris and rubbish, piled up in heaps, the bin men had stopped coming the minute the walls went up, to scared of the “mutant menaces” to venture by the police checks and barricades, as were most facility’s that where meant to be provided by the government. Sometimes I wished I had stayed in Scotland, but there was nothing for me there. I never knew my mum and my dad had left me with nothing but a name, Jamie McKay.

I saw a slash of red out the corner of my right eye, looking up I noticed it was graffiti sloppily sprayed on the side of what looked like an abandoned building and I recognised it immediately, it was an M with the centre part elongated to form an X, it was the tag of the MLF. The Mutant Liberation Front had existed in one form or another for a long time but after the news about Mutants went public, the British Government, fearing a population they could no longer police (or control) walled off the mostly mutant populated areas of Brixton and Stockwell, for our protection of course. This coupled with the increasing oppression by the police and the wider community forced the MLF to retaliate. Four bombs, two shootings, and an MP turned in to solid ice, well lets just say it went down hill from there.

It was getting late and I needed to move fast, it wasn't a great idea to still be out when the curfew bell rang. I upped my speed to a slow trot, running wasn't a good idea ether, I'd attracted to much attention to my self. The building was a few meters in front of me on the right, shutters had been pulled down over the window and the heavy looking door had obviously been reinforced but the sign still flashed OPEN, I pushed my way inside.

What do you want?

The man behind the counter was tall and stern looking, he was clearly adgitated that he had a customer so close to curfew.

Umm well, can a' have a large double cheese and tomato, a large pepperoni with garlic dip and two bottles of Irn Bru”

We don't sell Irn Bru”

Surprise, surprise.

Coke will do”

The man snorted something to himself, eyed me suspiciously one last time and strided in towards the back of the pizza shop. Looking out of the bars on the door window I could see across the street a BB Station. After the discovery of Homo Superior the Royal Mutant Protection Force was formed. The official government statement was that the RMPF (or the Baseline Brigade as we call them) was to protect mutants as well as hunt down terrorists but what they where really there for was to take down any Mutant the government deemed a threat and equipped with power dampeners and special Sentinel Class armor, it was quite within there ability’s to do so. When the wall went up they became the official Mutant police force.

The man was returning to the counter with my order and just as I was about to make my move, a shock wave shuddered through me that shook my very bones and through me to the ground, the explosion ripped through the night like the crack of a giants whip, glass lay all around me where the force had blown out the pizza shop windows. After my head had stopped spinning I looked I shakily got to my feet.

Oh Sh!t”

The BB Police Station across the road was now a smoking crater.

In the middle of all the confusing I made my move, grabbing the pizzas and bottles of coke in one hand I lifted the other and instantly began to feel the shudder down my arm.

WubWubWubWuBoof

The sonic wave blasted the door off it's hinges.

Oi STOP, you little...

The pizza shop owner called after me. I had just enough time to see his eyes begin to glow blue as I legged it from the shop and down the street.

“Sh!t, sh!t, sh!t”

This was not good, after the MLF's attack the whole place will be crawling with BB officers, I needed to get back to the Hole and fast. Running full pelt I rounded a corner and darted across the street, then I cut down an ally that ended in a chain link fence, aiming my right hand at the fence I fired a sonic wave that snapped it in two and kept on running. The street on the other side was deserted, most people knew not to be outside when they heard explosions even if it wasn't so close to curfew. Trying to catch my breath I slowed my pace putting my Ipod headphones on and pulled my hood over my head hoping there was no surveillance units in the area.

“M class citizen, stop and identify your self!”

Sh!t, the BB officer levitated right in front of me, his Retainer Rifle aimed directly at me the steady hum from his propulsion units drowning out the music from my headphones. I only had one shot at this before his power dampeners kicked in, the beat of the music in my headphones thumped in my ears, spreading through my whole body.

WubWub WubWub WubWub WubWub Badoom

The sonic wave spread out in an arc catching the BB officer and spinning him out of control, he began to fire his Retainer Rifle wildly, the globs of liquid impacting against the wall with a thud. I set off as fast as I could, my legs burning as my feet slapped against the concrete. I needed to get back to the Hole.

Fifteen minutes later I was on the home stretch, the Hole was at the end of the road, I had almost made it but I wasn't alone. I was not sure what it was but I knew it was no Baseline, if there's one thing I know it's sounds and what I could hear was not the hum of a BB officer, but some kind of flapping. As I was about to enter the Hole, some thing swooped down from above....

Continued!

moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By moviegeek17

Awesome story so far dude! Can't wait to see what happens next

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@moviegeek17: thanks
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By batkevin74

Nice! Asides from minor grammatical mistakes, great job

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@batkevin74 said:
Nice! Asides from minor grammatical mistakes, great job
Argh where?
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By batkevin74

2nd sentence should be were not where. Sometimes is one word not two in the context you're using it. Comma needed after make my move. Nite should be night. Fifteen minutes not minuets. Last sentence may need a comma for eg: "As I was about to enter the Hole, some THING swooped down from above..." Hope that helps, not meaning to nitpick and they are only minor

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By batkevin74

@spiderbat87: But this has very V for Vendetta feel to it also. I love your Britain and want to know what happens next

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@batkevin74: Thanks :) I really need to get my stuff properly proof read before I post
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By batkevin74

@spiderbat87: They're only minor, just me being me with my grammar Nazi eye's :) Just write and you can clean the minor details up with the edit button later. Looking forward to seeing WHAT happens next?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Fantastic. Brilliant. Gob-smacking. Original.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#11  Edited By The Impersonator

@spiderbat87: Great job!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By batkevin74

Any more?

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By CapFanboy

@spiderbat87:

WubWub WubWub WubWub WubWub

Ahh...sounds like Dubstep.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@CapFanboy said:

@spiderbat87:

WubWub WubWub WubWub WubWub

Ahh...sounds like Dubstep.

Lol that was the idea 
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By batkevin74

@spiderbat87: Any more of this???

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@batkevin74 said:

@spiderbat87: Any more of this???

no, I retired from fan fic 
X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By X35

@spiderbat87: Awww i read this thinking you posted it today and liked it and then got sad when i realized it was posted over 2 months ago....

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@X35 said:

@spiderbat87: Awww i read this thinking you posted it today and liked it and then got sad when i realized it was posted over 2 months ago....

:(
deadpool6_6_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By deadpool6_6_6

This is getting me to excited for the next one.