Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence.

Note- This series is a spin-off from Project X: The Birth of Wolverine and Marvel Genesis: Wolverine.

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: Daken, Chapter 13- Dark Origin

Year- 1957 A.D.

Location- Jasmine Falls, Japan

Ah, I love the smell of flowers. They were everywhere and so many people, the children, and their parents have come to see the gardens. Jasmine Falls was a place of eternal beauty. People might say that I’m eternally young because I can heal faster, run faster, and who knows in the future, that I may never age.

It was this time; my master Romulus left me behind as a child. I was to be cared by a Japanese couple, Akihira and Natsumi. Natsumi was most kind, and welcomed me to her arms as if she were my dead mother, Itsu. But Akihira never liked me. He despised the fact that I was different from so many kids living in this peaceful city.

Akihira was a wealthy man. He owned some dealerships with other men, which I don’t know of. It had something to do with the agriculture. His land was vast, and yet many people have come forward, such as his servants to work for him, so that they can earn a lot of money.

My adopted parents also had their own son named Akira. He was their favorite. He had worked hard, accepting the things what his father does. I was left alone to face the fact that I was not being much interested by my father. Like I said, he never cared about me. Unlike the big man, Akira cared too much for me. We went along, played some ball together or even peeked at some bathhouses, where young women showered themselves. At one time, we were caught by the owner. We laughed together as if it were a dirty joke.

We went to school, where we have to learn so many things, even outside Japan. Akira was smart and being liked by everyone in the classroom. However, I was the only person left behind. Some of the kids, even Akira’s friends taunt me, saying things like I’m nothing but a bad dog. Akira took notice of it, and said to them that I was his good brother, even though we were not blood-related.

One day, I came out of the school and met a young girl, who seems interested in Akira. Every girl talks about him, which kind of makes me mad. A girl like this one wouldn’t have a date with me. She just walked away as if I were a wild animal. That’s because everyone in this town calls me a dog.

Akira was among the popular ones in Jasmine Falls. These days, you sometimes wished that you get past that and move on into something else. I walked around the peaceful town, minding my own business. Everyone stared at me, just like that girl, who fell in love with Akira because of his good looks and personality. I ignored them.

I never felt so alone in my life besides living with my adopted family. I stood on some rock, watching the fishes go by and splashed in their every step of the way. The sky went dark, and it was almost night-time. I decided to go back home, not wanting my mother to worry about me. Then, I came across a bunch of kids, who were the friends of Akira.

They surrounded me, still making funny, stupid jokes, which didn’t make sense. I talked back at them. One of them was angry, and almost hit me. I grabbed his arm and pulled him down to the ground. The other kids took hold of me. I tried to escape from them, but there were so many of them, that I felt weak. Was this the reason why my father never liked me? It was such nonsense, and I never wanted to believe it. But it seems to be true.

They took me away from the leader. I was thrown into the ground. The leader came to me, punching my face, several times. I tried to hit him back. I have never felt so weak before. It’s no wonder that many people keep calling me “Daken” or stare at me.

All of a sudden, I felt something coming out of my knuckles and wrists. I didn’t know what it was, but something hit me. It was intense pain like some knife had pierced through my skin. The leader screamed. It made the rest of the gang shocked. They couldn’t believe their eyes of what they had seen here.

They ran towards their homes, crying for help. I saw the blood on my hands. Then I saw the leader dead in front of me. I also saw what actually happened, that I have killed him with the use of my bone claws.

Yes, the bone claws were a sign of my mutation. My powers developed and I didn’t know what I was at the time. Now I know the reason of my true nature and the fact that so many people have hated me for it, not to mention my father.

I ran towards my house. Everyone must be sleeping at this time of night. The villagers will find out what had happened. I cried out for help, thinking that I could be safe from them. My parents and my brother came to me. They were also shocked to see my blood, dripping down from my bone claws.

I never knew how to hide my bone claws, since it was the first time I had used them. My family was horrified of this outcome. As a result, my father took his knife and immediately stabbed me to death. My mother tried to stop him, even my dearest brother.

My father had called me a devil, a filthy dog, selfish, and every other name that I couldn’t bear. At some times, he wanted me dead. Now he got his wish.

My dead body was taken to the grave. The villagers must have heard the news and said that I had killed one of Akira’s friends, the friend who kept taunting me all the time.

They buried me alone in the grave. There was another grave, where all people had died either due to their illness, murder, or the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Several nights later, I opened my eyes. At first, I thought I found myself in some kind of limbo or heaven or whatever you call it. But I wasn’t. I was still in the material world. I can feel the skin, the bone claws, and the rage that came upon me. I wanted to kill them, all of the villagers who made fun of me. I also wanted to kill my father, who tried to kill me.

I went to every doorstep, slashing their skin, and stabbing them. They screamed, asking for help. I was like an animal, wandering around the corner, looking for fresh meat. The villagers were shocked to see that I was still alive.

After everyone got slaughtered, I entered my house. My father saw me. He was also shocked that he took out his knife again, attempting another kill. But this time, it won’t work. I rushed towards him, stabbing him by my claws.

My mother and my brother came to see the intrusion that I’ve caused in our house. She screamed and then fainted. Akira became terrified of this horrible tragedy. I stood there watching him, thinking that he might kill me, just like his father.

But Akira never killed me. No, he was always my good brother and cared about me, even my mother. I ran away from the house, hoping that no villager would chase me. I often wonder if Akira would try to find me as I had left Jasmine Falls.

It was lonely at night. The rain came pouring down on my closed eyes. I sat beside a tree. I thought of the events that had been transpired in the past hours or so. I felt miserable of what I had done. I have killed every villager except my dear mother and brother. Things would have been different if everyone liked me. I always wished that my father acknowledged me of who I was, but he never tried. My mother used to tell me that my father didn’t want to take care of me, when I reached their doorstep as a baby. But she insisted that I had been taken care of, that I would have a loving family and share the bonds with them. My brother was older than me. There were good times that we did in Jasmine Falls. I have never felt anything joyful in my life. And here I am, sitting near the tree, sulking myself.

As I was about to sleep, a sound came through my ears. I don’t know what I was hearing, but it seemed to me that someone must have caught up with me. Was it Akira? There’s no telling who have come here. But surely, it wasn’t him because he never called me by the adopted name, Akihiro.

The steps came forward and finally a large, shadowy figure showed himself. A flash of lightning almost brightened him, so I could partially see his face.

"Daken wa... Watashitoisshoni kite kudasai. Watashi wa anata to kyoyu suru mono o motte imasu."

“Masaka!” I cried out angrily. "Sono namae watashi o yobidasu koto wa arimasen. Watashi wa inu jaarimasen. Watashi wa anata ni iimasu! Watashi wa inu jaarimasen!"

There was silence between us. I never felt the pure rage coming from me, like I want to kill him for calling that hateful name. I was about to jump at him, but his wild laughter stopped me.

“"Anata wa, anata no shin no kanosei, Daken o shimeshite imasu," the large figure said. "Shikashi, anata wa watashitoisshoni kita baai, watashi wa anata ni dare ga taeru koto ga dekinainode, oku no koto o oshieru koto ga deki, kore o shitte imasu. Watashi wa mata... Anata no okasan o koroshi, anata no honto no haha o anata ni tsutaeru koto ga dekimasu."

I didn’t know what to say of this. But this guy knew something about me, even the fact that my mother got killed, which I never knew from the beginning. My adopted parents always told me that my real mother died during childbirth. Now I know this wasn’t the case.

I agreed with his offer and joined him. We went together into the wild woods, never to be seen again.

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: Daken, Chapter 14- Rebirth.

Now you know his dark childhood. But what will happen next after he had slaughtered almost the entire village? Find out in the next chapter of Daken. Forgive me, my dear brother for I have sinned. SNIKT!

Translation

"Daken wa... Watashitoisshoni kite kudasai. Watashi wa anata to kyoyu suru mono o motte imasu."

“Daken...Come with me. I have things to share with you.”

"Masaka." "Sono namae watashi o yobidasu koto wa arimasen. Watashi wa inu jaarimasen. Watashi wa anata ni iimasu! Watashi wa inu jaarimasen!"

"No!" “Don’t call me that name. I’m not a dog. I TELL YOU! I’M NOT A DOG!"

"Anata wa, anata no shin no kanosei, Daken o shimeshite imasu." "Shikashi, anata wa watashitoisshoni kita baai, watashi wa anata ni dare ga taeru koto ga dekinainode, oku no koto o oshieru koto ga deki, kore o shitte imasu. Watashi wa mata... Anata no okasan o koroshi, anata no honto no haha o anata ni tsutaeru koto ga dekimasu."

“You have shown your true potential, Daken.” “But know this, if you come with me, I can teach you so many things that no man can endure. I can also tell you who killed your mother... your true mother.”

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited.