Marvel Genesis: Cable, Chapter 1- A New Hope

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence.

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: Cable, Chapter 1- A New Hope

Year- 2000 A.D.

Location- X-Mansion. Salem Center, New York

It was a joyful day for the X-Men. Scott Summers and Jean Grey looked at their only child, smiling at them, and then giggling. The other members of the team stood around the baby. Sometimes, they took turns, holding him. Even Hank McCoy, also known as Beast tried to hold him, without scratching him. But Jean Grey told him not to worry about it. Hank smiled at the baby. He didn’t cry. He touched his fur, which made Hank a bit ticklish.

Professor Xavier looked behind them. He hovered into the medical room, watching the newborn baby, whom Scott and Jean had called him Christopher earlier. He was also happy to know that one of their own has joined the family. However, there was no indication that Christopher was a mutant. Only time will tell until the days of his puberty.

Xavier came closer to Hank. Hank turned towards his mentor, wondering if the famous geneticist wanted to hold the baby. He then gave the baby to Xavier carefully. The bald man stared at the child. He sense that a new hope was coming for all mutants living on Earth, and that new hope was none other than Christopher Summers.

Kurt Wagner, also known as Nightcrawler just came out of nowhere wanting to see the baby. He apologized to the team that he was late because of his gatherings at a local church. When Christopher looked at the blue devil, he cried.

“Oh my...” Nightcrawler sort of stepped back. “Did...Did I do something wrong?”

“You came at the wrong time, Kurt,” Scott said with a smile. “However, it’s not about the time. I think Chris is afraid of your appearance.”

“Precisely, Kurt,” Hank said. “I’m afraid so.”

“Well...”Kurt said, wondering whether he should have brought his holographic inducer. “I guess I should have brought my human disguise.”

“It’s alright, Kurt,” Xavier said. “Just hold him. Maybe, he’ll stop crying. Hank has done it.”

“But...” Kurt paused. “Okay. If you say so, Professor...” Kurt held the baby. All of a sudden, Christopher stopped crying. He then laughed at him, as if Kurt looked funny.

Everyone laughed, which later made the blue devil laughed too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few hours later, Scott Summer was in Xavier’s office, looking out the window. He wondered if the time was right. A mutant riot came forth towards their mansion, demanding them to leave to another place, not wanting them to come back anymore. Xavier was talking to the president on the phone, dealing with the serious matter at hand.

I wonder when this hatred thing is going to stop, Scott thought. Ever since he got recruited by Xavier, he thought he could make a difference, saving humanity from evil mutants, or some random bag guys with no superpowers.

Xavier put down the phone, and hovered to Scott. He also looked at the riot. There were lots of people, holding signs that say, “GO AWAY MUTANTS!”, “YOU’RE NOT WELCOME HERE!” or “THIS COUNTRY IS FOR HUMANITY!”

“Can you believe it?” Scott said to his mentor. “At this special moment, these guys are still causing trouble for us.”

“It’s alright, Scott,” Xavier said. “It’s only a matter of time that humans are willing to accept us. We must have patience.”

“What did the president say?” Scott asked him, wondering if everything will be fine, now that the riot has caused Scott and Jean’s special moment. He came here to deal with the current situation after putting Christopher to sleep. Jean Grey was still sleeping with him.

Xavier couldn’t say much more to the fact that the president can help to resolve the current situation. He wanted things to be fine as he expected. But those expectations have turned out be worse. He hoped that the president will tell him in due time, what the next steps will be.

“He said that everything will be under control,” Xavier said. “He had other priorities to deal with. At this time, we have to be on our own.”

“Are you serious?” Scott turned towards him.

“I’m serious, Scott,” Xavier said. “I’m afraid we have to take this certain matter into our hands. For that to happen, we must contact Valerie Cooper.”

Scott had learned of Valerie Cooper’s current position. She was the president’s top security advisor, who deals with mutant threats around the world. In this case, Valerie was their backup plan.

“I’m not sure about this, Professor,” Scott said. “She may have helped us in the past. But you know she’s really busy nowadays.”

“We’re all busy, Scott,” Xavier said, looking at him. “Sometimes, you have to make them help us, even without using our powers. Have faith, and I’m sure something will work out.”

Scott thought Xavier was right. There were no other options. They have to ask Valerie for help.

A brick flew across the glass window, which it almost hit Scott and the professor. They almost ducked down. Scott looked at some guy, who threw the brick. He was raising his fist, calling out bad names.

“Professor...” Scott said with a sigh. “I think it’s time we pay Val a visit.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Cable appeared in front of the X-Mansion. It’s been a long time that he had travelled in the past. It could be said that he had done this mission numerous times. He had told his friends, the soldiers of the future how he saved his parents and himself. Cable had come here to warn the X-Men that Sinister and his band of Marauders will arrive at any moment.

“Computer,” Cable said. “Status Report...”

“A riot has occurring. The X-Men are inside the building.”

“I see,” Cable looked over to the other side of the X-Mansion. He can hear the sounds of the rioters, shouting, and throwing things at the building. Cable thought he shouldn’t interfere with them, since they were only human. According to the timeline, the rioters have arrived at the X-Mansion, so that they can force the mutants to stay away from their neighborhood. Several minutes later, Sinister and the Marauders will arrive at some point, and attack the X-Men. He has to warn the X-Men before they appear.

He runs closer to the mansion, hoping to reach them. He used his retina scanner to scan the areas within the mansion. This kind of technology allows him to see things through, which acts like an X-ray vision.

“It’s time,” Cable said. He banged the door at the back of the kitchen, when a loud explosion occurred outside the X-Mansion.

“Oh no...” Cable thought. They’re here. He knew that this was going to happen, even the fact that he had come here several times, trying to change things around and see if anything can be changed differently.

His mentor, the Blaquesmith used to say to him, “A timestream is like a river. No matter, how you want to change your course of direction, you will always end up in the same situation.”

Yes, that situation had turned out to be this. Cable knew it from the very beginning of what he was about to do here. But he’s not willing to give up that easily. He has to try this time, and hopefully it turns out to be better for him.

He ran through the hallway, when Cerebro warns the X-Men that several intruders have trespass the mansion. Cable might be among the intruders, but he knows that the Marauders have arrived, and that the mad scientist had come here for his personal gain.

“Let’s do this,” Cable said to himself. He loaded his weapon, and continue running across the hallway.

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: Cable, Chapter 2- Deadly Reunion.

What’s this? Cable has travelled back in time to save the X-Men? What other reason is there? Find out in the next chapter of Cable.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited.