ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Injustice - Hawker #5: The Red Dawn

All characters apart from Hawker and Killer Rabbit (Wildvine) are owned by DC Comics

A big thankyou to @wildvine for helping me get the character of the Killer Rabbit right.

For the previous issue click the following link: Issue #4

Gotham City, United States

Oh man I hate going to this place.” One of a large group of thugs moaned as they entered the water gate of the old shipping warehouse. “Can’t believe we got orders from Harley to see her.”

“Quiet man she might here you.” Another hissed as they loaded the first of three massive crates off of the barge. “She’s got them big ears and s**t.”

“Wow, even for a fanfic this starts with, well boredom.” A voice echoed from the shadows. “Maybe a wicked groovy fight scene will change anything if the writer can be bothered to write one.”

“Hey lady the boss wanted… well she wanted to hire you.” The lead thug stated.

“Can’t. Too busy playing Tetris. I'm having my murder-some-idiots break.” The voice answered. “With you being the idiots in question.”

No Caption Provided

“She… she wants you to steal a case in the possession of… of Hawker.” The thug continued, his words met with an outburst of laughter.

“Pff Hawker, can we say pandering. Black, lesbian, Beetle rip off and oh that conflicted concourse, what are we trying to be well rounded? I guess it’s that hack Impurest Cheese writing this and not the other one.” The voice snickered.

“Uh sure. Listen the boss is willing to give you your weight in Oreos and alcohol up front and the same amount when the job is done.” The thug whimpered before he and the others backed up towards their boat.

“What do you say brain? Shall we take them up on their offer? What? No? Well I never listen to you anyway. One case of mysterious origins coming right up.”

“Don’t open it. The boss has strict instructions about the contents.” The lead thug warned as the last two crates were unloaded.

“Really, danger is my middle name, well actually its Rhonda but not really see.” The shadowy figure announced before removing a knife from her leg and throwing it against the control switch for the water gate, the metal shutter slashing down and cutting the barge in half. “What I told you it was my idiot killing break. Now if only I can get the piece shaped like a cross in the hole…”

Denver, Colorado, United States

The stolen gunship touched down at the airbase littered with broken regime machinery, an army of salvagers working over the trucks and planes looking for parts to be reused. Stepping out Hawker beckoned for Emil to stay close to Doc as she walked up to a man sitting in a hovering chair.

“Gearhead, I assume you have the device we require.” Hawker asked as the man gestured with his head for a grubby looking child to approach the mercenary, a thermos sized cylinder in his hands.

“Yeah I got it. Transport too.” He added as Doc and Emil slid out of the gunship and took the cylinder. “One old supply truck, the regime wants it taken to a breakers yard in Topeka. You drive it to Smallville, leave it at the station and my assistant will take it the rest of the way.”

No Caption Provided

“You’re taking an awful risk helping us.” Doc stated as Emil removed a glowing blue core from the case and replaced it with a red one from the cylinder, the time lock resetting itself as the core was locked in.

“Yeah well somebody has to stand up to bullies.” Gearhead answered. “Superman’s a worse villain people like us ever were.”

“Uh not to intrude but can we leave.” Emil stammered. “We are on a deadline; the next core is being deposited in a locker at Smallville station as we speak. The longer we leave it the more change the regime discovers what this device is.

“He’s got a point.” Doc announced. “Thank you for helping us.”

“Sure whatever.” Gearhead snorted as he pointed towards a beat up armoured 6x6 truck, a former drone launching platform attached to the back. “Good luck.” He added as the mercenaries climbed in. “You’re going to need it.”

Outskirts of Smallville, Kansas

“How much time left on the lock?” Hawker asked Emil as she powered down the main highway towards the centre of town, casually nodding at the perimeter guards at the civilian security checkpoints. While it had once been a small farming community Smallville was now a military bastion that defended the only approach to the war torn streets of Gotham.

“Twenty minutes, assuming that we don't have any delays we should make it with time to spare.” Emil answered as he watched the clock count down.

“Eleanor the case has doubled in radioactivity over the last ten minutes.” Doc whispered, “The Geiger counter keeps trying to deny it but it appears to be primarily red-sun radiation.”

“Why would Superman’s own R&D teams create such a thing?” Hawker answered as they reached the town centre. “Do I a favour when we pick up the next core make sure you get a radioactivity reading on both the core and case.”

No Caption Provided

“No, no, no!!” Emil yelled as he pointed to the line of traffic stalled behind barricades arranged around the station. “This can't be happening!!”

“Calm down.” Hawker ordered before tapping the radio, “Let’s see what’s going on.”

“We have a Code Black in progress at Smallville station.” A voice buzzed over the radio, “Blockbuster is loose I repeat Blockbuster is loose. All troops move to contain; meta human assistance is incoming soon.”

“Seems convenient huh.” Hawker hissed. “Station is half a mile away, easily reachable on foot.” She added before turning off the cab and slipping out the truck. “Doc get Emil on that train, if comes down to it I'll run interference.”

“Let’s hop it doesn't” Doc replied as she pulled Emil from the truck. “Already working on breaking through the plasma barricade.” She added as the Hawker scooped up Emil in her arms and ran towards the barricade, the shields dissipating allowing them to leap through.

“I don’t see Blockbuster anywhere.” Hawker gasped, “No signs of battle.”

“Maybe he’s round the other side?” Doc suggested. “Satellite feed shows him in the area as does radio signals unless…they are sending out fake signals. This whole thing is a trap!”

<“Got it in one.”>* A female voice announced as the plasma shield sealed behind them and the area around the mercenary team shimmered to reveal a dozen foot soldiers all armed and ready. “<You really think Superman didn't know what you were doing with Solaris, Dr Hamilton. What you and the tyrant sun had created?”>

*Translated from Japanese

“I was kind of hoping he’d come himself! Still you are just as good an example Hoshi.” Emil hissed as he removed the handcuffs and dropped the case. “Disengage safeties.”

“Are you serious that will make cause the core to detonate!!” Doc yelled as red light leaked out of the case.

“I am the Red Son!!” A voice bellowed from the case. “I hunger!!”

No Caption Provided

<“That…that isn't what the records Luthor provided us for Project Torch.”> Hoshi gasped.

“Ma’am communications just went offline.” One of the troopers announced as the plasma shields began to flicker. “You’re orders.”

“Contain that thing!” Hoshi yelled in accented English as Hawker and Doc started running towards the station.

“But the couriers…” The trooper asked before a flash of light consumed the area, radiating out and draining the energy from the surrounding area before imploding outwards throwing debris all over the place followed by a concussive wave of force that smashed through the station.

“Doc forgive me.” Hawker stated before pushing her partner backwards out of the station as masonry collapsed around her. “This one’s all up to you now.”

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ImpurestCheese
TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nice! Hawks vs Rabbs! Should be cool!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#5 wildvine  Moderator

@impurestcheese

As I said on the PM, you got rabbit I mean, Rabbit right on the first try.

Red Son... Hmmm, is this the Russian Superman from that one Elseworlds?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@wildvine: ??? There is a Russian Superman. I just thought a villain who used red sun radiation would be awesome. Also can Ruskie Superman fit in a briefcase?

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#7 wildvine  Moderator
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@wildvine: More like convergent evolution. This should be a link to Crimson - http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/the-writers-guild-presents-3-14-2014-1545169/#3

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@impurestcheese: I really loved hearing Killer Rabbit break the fourth wall! Using Doctor Light (Hoshi) was also an interesting choice for a cameo. It felt like a good opener for a new arc but I'm still waiting for the action. Looking forward for whatever comes next.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 41

Great job, I LOVE Hawker'e interaction with all the characters. Only characters she hasn't interacted with now are Joygirl and Psycho...Speaking of, I need to get back on this Injustice thing!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: Yep. Writing an OC is so rewarding especially when other people enjoy reading it as much as you did writing it.