Imp.1 Project: Drakaina #1.1.1 (a fan-fic fan-fic)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Strangely I wrote this homagey spin-offy sequelly addition to @impurestcheese's original AND SO DID @cbishop also selected the same characters :) Great minds thinking alike. It's just a short add-on, non-cannon extra bit to the original. This takes place immediately after issue one, just in an alternate dimension...

__

1993, Level 6 of the Department of Immigration & Housing, San Francisco,

“Are you talking about a TV show?” asked Special Agent Archie Goldberg as he looked at the old man sitting across the table from him breathing into an oxygen mask. “Because this is all a little farfetched. Laboratory built Nazi African dragon women.”

The old man’s cataract filled eyes sparked with hatred as he slowly lowered the mask and licked his thin lips. “You doubt me.”

“Honestly, I do. I know the Nazi’s did a lot of weird stuff during the war, I mean I’ve seen all the Indiana Jones films,” Goldberg replied. “But I don’t believe this, well, STORY. Unless you’ve got something tangible, something real then there’s nothing to do but stamp the paperwork and release you to the Israeli government who will take you back and despite your age, will put you on trial and execute you for being a goose stepping Jew hater!”

“My name is Karl Koberg…”

“Your name is Viktor Alois Rosenberg you lying sack!” Goldberg snapped slapping the table. “Nazi’s kept excellent records and we’ve got your blood, prints, pictures so drop the charade, you’re not fooling anyone except maybe yourself. Now unless you have something to keep you from hanging like a wind chime in Israel?”

The old man shrugged, sucked in a huge gulp of air. “We called her Draikaina. She was…beautfuil. The Fuhrer’s she-dragon. Human and myth blended perfectly, even though she was of subhuman stock.”

“Okay enough with the bad movie of the week review.” Goldberg stood up and headed for the door. Before he got there to knock for an exit, it swung open. In walked a man in a blue suit using a cane. His face was a smooth molten mess of dried skin that almost looked like a mask that it caught Goldberg completely off guard and he tried not to stare nor vomit into his own mouth.

“It wasn’t a movie,” the man said in a voice that rumbled with anger and the old man lowered his head into the oxygen mask.

“Um, who are you?” Goldberg said looking everywhere but the man’s horrifically burnt face.

“I am Christopher Copeland, former member of the 11th Canadian Tank Regiment,” the man responded as he sat opposite the old man.

“Who let you in?” Goldberg asked confused by the man who looked more like a melted candle.

“I’m with the Israeli embassy,” Copeland replied. “I’m a Nazi hunter whose been on the trail of monsters like this horrible little man. But hearing his tales I now know the man responsible for my good looks.”

“So all that woman dragon bs, is true?”

Copeland looked up and pointed to his face. “Is this not proof enough? Or would you like me to recount how Rosenburg’s little pet melted my face and destroyed most of my unit?”

__

And that's all I wrote, mainly as I moved house, got busy writing trivia for several events in the next fortnight and because @cbishop did a bang-up job on his version I petered off.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@batkevin74: Dude! I told you we didn't write the same story! Although with yours being set in the present, we could probably find a way to connect them up lol. You shouldn't have let my post stop you- I'd love to see where you were going with this. Nice job. :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@batkevin74: Mien Gott, this is brilliant thanks BK, love how this is set in the er well not present but the 90s. Clashes a wee bit with @cbishop's tale but it shouldn't cause too many problems.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@cbishop: oh I knew we'd never manage to write the exact same story, just weird we both choose the SAME title to write

Glad you liked it @impurestcheese do with it as you will

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: well, y'know, you don't have to do anything with these. They're fan-fic; you don't have to make them official. If you want to, feel free, but you don't have to. These are meant solely for your enjoyment. :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: I reread this one too. I enjoyed it. I'm thinking about tying my Drakaina fic closer to my universe of characters. I didn't know I was going to wind up with Imp's characters when we wrote these, but Drachenkonig (Dragon King) is definitely Heironymous in my universe, so my fic has to be part of his history now. I've got to work out a few things, but it's coming. :)