Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

THE CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE WORKS OF AN ORIGINAL FICTION.

No Caption Provided

Immortality: Tales of the Undead- Night Warriors

If you want my advice, I would stay out of the blood bank for good. These days, I've been living the dream. Not to say that I really enjoy this job that much. But I had to support myself. No money, no living. That's the catch here.

But it ain't a dream, if you think about it. It's been real. I have been summoned to guard the blood bank from the nasty little creatures called vampires. Sorry, not little, but they were quite big if you ask me. I had been on this duty for several nights, long hours straight. Didn't eat much, but drank a lot of black coffee. But the creatures... They were pretty damn nasty. They could bite you, if you're not careful enough.

Speaking of the dream, I never thought vampires could be real. My boss said they've been around for hundreds of years. My partner, who's just new to the job, didn't realize their existence until I've told him everything about them. And guess what, he got $h!t scared to pants.

Well, they're real right now, and that's just about it. You see, the thing goes like this. If you want to guard the bank from these ugly creatures of the night, you have to stay on guard at full alert. If you're feeling sleepy, then you'll get fired, that is if you're going to survive the night. They are a lot of vampires on this country, my friend. It's not just the country, it's the whole damn world. People will laugh at that. Jesus Christ. We're talking about vampires for God's sake! It's not like angels coming down from heaven, singing songs, praising the Lord the Almighty of the Holy Church, the Heavens, and the Earth, or whatever the kids had been taught in Sunday School. These are big, ugly, clever undead folks who would come and eat you up. Sorry, drink your blood, I mean. They're not zombies, by the way. They'll drink your blood until the very last drop. Then you'll drop dead like a fly. Yep. That's going to happen right here, and that my partner and I have to be very careful about it.

My partner Davis ain't got the guts to face these damned things, but I can tell you what, he had a pretty good experience dealing with the low-life hoodlums back in the day. But facing vampires? That ain't a thing for him until he met one last night. Like I've said before, he was $h!t scared to pants.

On the job, I taught him the basics of Vampire 101. We have guns, but we don't have ordinary bullets. Instead, we have silver bullets, wooden bullets, and garlic bullets. Oh yeah, garlic bullets. No kidding! Don't ask me whose idea that was. Anyways, once you shoot the bloodsucker, the garlic comes out of the bullet. It's like spraying the gas from a canister. God-awful smell, if you ask me.

What I've learned from Davis was that he has a wife and child. He took this job, so that he could support them. His wife wanted him to quit though, because she knew it was too dangerous. And that the vampires might come after him and me, of course. But I have a lot of experience dealing with these damn things.

Davis took another cup of coffee. I did the same. We stood here in the front hallway, all night long, and waited to see if the vampires arrived to steal human blood. The Helsing family have hired us to do the job. They're the ones, who're paying the money to us. Rich folks. Turns out they're the descendants of Abraham Van Helsing, and that they still maintained their status quo in killing vampires. But you see, some of them are not vampire hunters. Nope. They're doctors, lawyers, teachers, you name it. Jesus Christ. How's that for a living? I once met a pretty woman, who offered me this job from the get-go. She was very pretty, and I have to admit that I almost had an erection there.

So yeah, I've been at this job for twenty years. Twenty years! Can you believe it? I wonder if Davis was going to survive this night. Last time, I've heard that the security guards in other banks were dead. Most likely, there were killed, or bitten, or been turned into vampires. That scares me. I'm too old for this, and I thought maybe it’s time I should retire from this job. Maybe, not yet, because I don't think 55 was the right age to retire. But I'm getting there.

"Hey, Mack," Davis said, pointing towards the entrance. "It's the Donut Boyz." I looked at the car, which just got parked in front of the bank. The Donut Boyz. Yeah, I've heard about them. They're the ones, who deliver delicious donuts all night long. Even days too, of course. But this time was crucial, and that I'm very, very hungry. I ain't sure about Davis though, but it certainly looks like he wanted one.

The Donut Boyz approached the building. There were two of them, in fact. They wore white T-shirts, and brown baggy pants as if they were a bunch of DJs, working at the nightclub. By the way, are these the Donut Boyz? Don't know, don't care. But I'm just damn hungry all the same.

The Donut Boyz were both black. One of them, was holding a pink box that contained the dozen donuts. Davis looked at it, as if he wanted to eat all of them. I only need two. That's my main course of the dish. I handed out the cash to the Donut Boyz. One of them said, "Thanks. Have a nice night." Then they went.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were both in the lunch room, eating our precious donuts. I looked at him for a while. Then I told him, if he could continue working here. Just to see if he's still afraid, of course.

"I ain't quitting, Mack," Davis said. "Just you know, I ain't no quitter. I don't care what my wife says. I've told her, it's all good."

"Are you sure?" I said to him. "You know that this job is riskier than it looks."

Davis said he knew it all along. But what he didn't know was that he had to fight vampires.

"Besides," Davis continued. "I worked my butt for this job, Mack. You know I am."

Davis was right for one thing. Quitting was not an option, even for him. But there were other jobs out there. God, I hope he survives the night.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's now 2:00 am. I washed my face with cold water from the tap. Sometimes, I get dizzy all of a sudden. Maybe, it's the old age. Who knows, right? A lot of old people are now getting dizzy these days. Alzheimer's'? No. It's the loss of energy. Sores, backaches, headaches. God, how many things we have to suffer? I wish I could retire early. But I don't think retire would be the right word for it. Maybe, I'm thinking to quit this damn job.

A loud sound was being heard outside the building. Davis rushed to the washroom and told me that the bloodsuckers have finally arrived. Oh yeah. Time for blood-shooting. Get it? Blood-shooting?

Both Davis and I loaded our guns. The vampires broke through the glass windows. Great! Another damage. But the Helsing family can fix it with a lot of money.

"Let's go and get them," I said. With utter confidence, I shot them through their chests. Mainly, it’s the heart that counts. The main weakness. Kinda like the brain for the zombies. Last time, I've heard if you blow the vampire's head off, it will come back eventually. No kidding. These are different kind of vampires here. I know because I had the experience. After all, the pretty woman gave me all the details.

Davis fired another round of shots. I looked at him, and said to shoot their hearts instead. Not to waste any bullets for that matter, because they are everywhere.

We stood back a bit further. We kept shooting, and shooting. The vampires screamed in agony. I remember killing it for the first time, when I was quite young. First day on the job. Jesus Christ. It happened a long time ago.

We ran out of bullets. I've told my partner to get some more from our locker rooms. Yeah, the bank has locker rooms for security guards at this special kind of night. No bullets, no blood-shooting.

A vampire flew over me. He was about to get Davis. I stabbed his back with a wooden cane. There goes my old-walking friend. I'll have to buy another one before I die. God knows I needed one. I can feel the bones on my legs staring to break. Help me, Lord.

I rushed toward the locker room, and saw that Davis was loading his gun. He handed me some. Loaded them up. Clack! Here we go. More blood-shooting.

The wind died down, and the vampires were out. All night long... I remember that song. Who was that singer again? God, I don't remember. Anyways, the vampires are dead, for now.

We were about to report the news to the pretty lady. But a new horde of vampires have just arrived at the bank. They all stood there, staring at us.

Oh boy. Talk about a lot of them. Well, I guess the night is not over. Yet. I pray that we survive. I wonder how many special bullets we have here. But I still pray to God in my mind that we can get through the night in one peace.

Next Story- Daylight.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited