Icons Part 1

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

All of the following characters were created by@batkevin74 and @dngn4774.

Icons Part 1

Earth 198550:

Quantum sliced through the wind, jetting toward Wasserhell. Inside the lab, Dr. Volcano frantically formulated equations as TopSpeed moved the machine parts into place.

"We can't hold him much longer Desmond! Wrap this up!" Synapse barked.

"Transdimentional physics is not something one could simply wrap up. I need more time!"

"Fine," said Synapse. "Monarch, you're up."

The armored drone rose to his feet and unsheathed his warhammer. He flew out of the lair and tackled his former mentor to the shoreline. When they landed on the beachhead Monarch wrapped his arms behind his former mentor's head in a full nelson, as he choked Quantum with the handle of his weapon.

"I'm sorry dear friend, but this needs to end!" Quantum gasped.

He opened a hole through his chest then released an energy blast that evaporated Monarch's heart. The hollowed slave dropped onto the sand as Quantum flew back to the Icon's base.

Synapse and Aurora hovered over the base as Burden guarded the entrance while the Gamesman, Shiv, and Lunatic mobilized to assault positions. Suddenly, a bright light rocketed towards the team.

"Incoming!" Aurora shouted. The Chaos Magician assembled as many barriers as she could. Rory knew that the magic constructs would only delay their enemy for a few moments, but any additional time would prove to be invaluable. Quantum penetrated the barriers with ease and was now within striking distance of the Icons.

"Attack!" Synapse ordered.

Synapse used his telekinesis to freeze Quantum in midair while the team bombarded him with their mythrodite based weapons. The smoke cleared from the onslaught a blue silhouette faded, revealing that Quantum's body had regenerated. His body started to tremor as he slowly withdrew each of his limbs into his core.

"Impossible!" Synapse shouted.

"Keep holding him back." said the Gamesman.

"I can't!"

The superhero's neon body flickered like a strobe light as the star-shaped symbol on his chest began to expand.

"Uh-oh, naptime!" Lunatic giggled.

No Caption Provided

A shockwave of energy knocked back the assault team, incapacitating Shiv, Lunatic and the Gamesman. Quantum teleported in front of Synapse and punched him into Volcano's lab.

"My turn" Aurora teased just before striking Quantum in the back with an eldritch blast. Quantum charged through the blue witch but realized that she had cast an illusion. Aurora fired dozens of magical bolts at Quantum, he dodged the first few but nearly half of the sorceress' shots connected. He countered with a blast of his own energy that she teleported away from.

"You missed" she sneered-

"Did I?" Quantum replied

The destructive energy went through the hole in the lab and was heading for the machine. Marr ran in front of the blast, taking the brunt of the damage. The psychic link between Fiennes and her familiar was weakened but the machine was still functional.

"Good boy" Aurora cheered as she collapsed to the ground. She would've landed headfirst if a set of arms hadn't cushioned her fall. Burden placed Aurora gently on the ground as Quantum descended nearby.

Quantum had now made it to the entrance of Wasserhell. He proceeded up the steps until Burden leaped in front of him. "Your path ends here!" Burden growled.

"Why do you defend Volcano?" Quantum asked. "You don't have to keep serving him, just walk away."

The stern strongman actually chuckled in amusement. "You think I answer to any of these imbeciles!? I don't do this out of loyalty, I do this because it must be done. We represent two opposing forces in a battle as old as time itself. You view your precious humans as lambs that need to be shepherded, but mankind is really just a rabid wolf that needs to be put out of its misery." Burden sighed, "Our words are wasted on one another." He said, activating his Havoc injectors. "Let us settle this the only way we know how to."

"So be it." Quantum reluctantly agreed. He teleported next to the strongman but Burden clutched Quantum's throat in anticipation.

"Too predictable." He chokeslammed the alien into the pavement then pummeled him deep into the ground. The force of the blows actually shattered the steps of Wasserhell. Burden lifted his foe by the ankle and grabbed the back of his neck, positioning Quantum in the same pose that he had put Battle Man in before shattering his spine.

Quantum's eyes quickly opened and the hero flew out of the hold. In an aerial flip Quantum grappled Burden in midair and broke his ribs. Burden countered the viscous attack by cross chopping his forearms against the alien's collar bone. Quantum loosened his hold as both men crashed back onto the steps of the secret lair.

Both combatants rushed to their feet. Although the havoc chemical had regenerative healing components, it was not as advanced as Quantum's newer DNA. Quantum released a flurry of energy blasts to severe each of the tubes on Burden's havoc injectors. Despite the healing factor, Quantum still wounded. The alien was surprised that a single human was able to do as much damage as Burden had done. "You might have actually defeated me if you weren't so predictable." Quantum muttered to the villain.

"Might have? I already defeated you. Did you forget your little sidekick?" Burden retorted. "All that time you spent teaching the boy right from wrong and in a few hours we undid it all. Once we showed him the true face of humanity he was begging us to become an Icon. In the end he was just a toy we forced you to break." Burden scoffed, before licking the blood off of his lips.

Burden's words poisoned Quantum's mind. The usually calm and rational hero was now pushed past his breaking pointed. He clenched his fists and heinously attacked Burden. The blood singed off of his neon blue hands and face but was thick enough to blind him for a few seconds. We he stared down at his hands he heard the machine roar to life behind the doors.

Quantum blasted through the doors to stop Volcano once and for all, but instead found Synapse waiting to strike. Lance's eyes glowed green as he immobilized Quantum.

"TAKE THIS!!!" Synapse roared, as he hurled the alien into orbit. Tyler continued pushing the alien into the center of the sun. The green light faded from Lances eyes and blood began to hemorrhage from his eyes, ears, and nose.

Cano and Berry both gazed through the hole in the ceiling as saw the sun turn blue.

No Caption Provided

"Well that can't be good. Topspeed"--

"On it!" The speedster raced off, carrying each of the Icons back to the machine's telepad."

Desmond noticed that a white from the sun glared on the base. "Not this time you crafty blue bastard!" He grabbed the transporter device off the table and activated the dimensional vortex. "This time, I win!"

Each of the Icons where now on the pad. As the dimensional vortex slowly opened through the gates of the machine, Quantum had flewed through the Earth's atmosphere. Just as he had entered through the roof hole of Wasserhell Dr. Volcano waved.

"Farewell!" Desmond taunted as each of the Icons escaped Quantum's clutch within nanoseconds. Six of the world's deadliest villains were now unleashed upon the multiverse, set to embark on the next frontier of crime.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By dngn4774
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@dngn4774: I forgot how good we are! I'll find/bump the timeline we had

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Yeah, for some reason the forum search button is spazzing out. Some of the mods say it'll be back up on monday, but that's only a prediction.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

apewar012467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By apewar012467

Nice fan-fic. I especially like the images you uploaded.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#7  Edited By cbishop

@dngn4774: Did we ever do part 2?

No, you didn't. This and Icons: The Origin are the only two things posted for Icons, and they're listed under dngn'. You don't have anything with that title.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: Did we ever do part 2?

I don't think so. As I recall sometime after this we switched to batman, but I never finished the Deadshot story.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: Ah the best laid plans of mice and fan fic writers :)

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: I reread the post about how I lost my thumbdrive back at college. Still annoys me to this day.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@dngn4774 said:

@batkevin74: I reread the post about how I lost my thumbdrive back at college. Still annoys me to this day.

I'd have been sick if that happened to me. One of my flash drives got corrupted by a ransomware thing- pretty sure it was all pics, but I don't really know. If I lost writing, I'd be devastated.