Herd of Bandits Chapter 12

mikesterman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mikesterman

@cbishop@impurestcheese Sorry for taking so long, School, work, and Pokemon. Plus momentary writers block. Shouldn't be a problem for a few more chapters.

KURKRASH!

Wood splintered as a cannonball crashed through the roof of the house Terry and Isi were sleeping in. The two of them scrambled awake.

"Every God-damn time!" Terry screamed. He quickly grabbed his rifle and stared through the new hole.

The townsfolk were scrambling around the town. An army of men dressed in white robes and hoods were advancing towards them. One by one, Terry saw them raise their rifles. Terry aimed his rifle and sniped them from his position.

Jonesy was among the group. He saw as his men started dropping. Huge gaping holes on their bodies.

"These little-" He started. "How the hell did they manage to get a Goldenwood rifle?" He ordered his men to aim the cannon at the same house they just bombarded.

"Shit. Isi, we need to go." Terry said.

"Ready when you are." She answered, as she held her knife with her teeth.

KOOM!

The two jumped through the hole. The cannon ball zipped between them, promptly crashing into the house. Terry landed roughly on the awning, While Isi landed on the ground, rolling forward to keep the momentum from injuring her.

"It's a Rosie! Get her!" One of the hooded men said. He pointed his rifle at her and opened fire. Not before she rolled out of the way of the shot and then buried her tomahawk against The hooded man's back. Another tried to take a shot at her from a distance. He was taken out by Terry, who sniped him. As Isi attacked them head on, He was prone on the awning, taking out anyone who attacked the townsfolk.

After a while, the enemies caught on and aimed their cannon once more at Terry's position.

"Shit." Terry yelled as he hopped off the awning before it exploded. When he landed, his rifle tumbled several feet away.

One of the hooded men noticed this and charged at Terry with a Saber in his hand. Terry knew he couldn't get to his rifle in time, so he pulled out his trench knife he kept with him for such an occasion. The two of them engaged in a sword fight. The hooded man having an advantage due to his longer blade. As the fight dragged on, he thrusted at Terry. Terry tilted is head away from the attack and followed through with a punch with the studded knuckles his knife provided, causing the hooded man to stagger the right. Terry was about to end it with a stab to the stomach, when he felt his arm get slashed. The hooded man used his stagger too lure Terry in and then slash at him. It was a tactic that Terry fell for. He held onto his arm and fell backwards. The hooded man then aimed his sword at Terry's chest. He thrust forward but the blade fell short of touching Terry. The hooded man was interrupted by a punch to the side of his head by another hooded man.

"Wh-What the hell?" He said.

The other hooded man just stared at him and then buried his head into the ground with another punch. Terry used tis distraction to scramble for his rifle.

"Well, that takes care of that." The other hooded man said, cheerfully. He turned over to Terry, but all he saw was the barrel of the Goldenwood rifle, staring him in the face.

"Whoawhoawhoawhoa! Ruff-head it's me?"

Terry just looked at him with a confused face. He kept his aim on the hooded man, as the man pulled off his hood, revealing Deacon's goofy face.

"Deacon? What the hell are you doing?"

"I don't know!" Deacon cried. "I just wanted free booze!"

They both heard a woman scream. As they turned toward the sound, they saw a group of townspeople huddled up into a corner while several White Out men advanced toward them. Among the horrified citizens was Terry's mother, who was trying to shelter a little girl behind her.

"Ma!" Terry screamed. He raised his rifle and aimed at the attackers. Only for his line of sight to be obscured by Deacon, who zipped over to the enemies in the blink of an eye.

"Akimbo-" Deacon screamed, as he jumped in front of the enemies. The fear they felt was visible through the little eyeholes, and Deacon saw this. "Sub-machineguns!" he unleashed a volley of punches that hit all of his enemies at once. The force of the strikes sent the White Out men flying all over the town.

"Sir! It seems one of our own are defending the Ruff-heads!" One of the White Out men told Calvin.

He looked over at Deacon. He was still wearing the white robes, but he didn't have the hood on. He watched as he dispatched of several White Out's. his fists seemed to move too fast for his eyes to track. After he took them out, the town citizens grabbed the loose rifles and started fighting back

"Grr. Aim the cannon!" He ordered. His men pointed the cannon at Deacon's direction. As they lit the fuse and watched it slowly go down, a shot whizzed past them that cut the fuse in half, effectively canceling the cannon shot. Before they could recover, they were hit by a volley of bullets. All except Jonesy. The rest of the town, surrounded the leader of the cult.

Calvin removed his hood and then raised his hands in the air.

"Bravo…Bravo." He said with a smile on your face. "It would seem that I have been beaten."

Terry said nothing, as he aimed his rifle at Calvin's face.

"What, do you really think I'm going to let a group of ruff-heads kill me?" Calvin turned his hands and then curled his fingers. "Think again."

Before Terry or the rest of the town could react, Jonesy let out a scream.

"White Room!"

Immediately, the entire area turned into a white abyss. The shops, houses, trees, and even the dirt disappeared. Leaving nothing but white, as far as the eye can see.

"What the hell?" Terry yelled, along with everybody else.

Deacon just looked around curiously, and Isi readied her weapons.

"Bahahahahaha!" Calvin laughed. "Now I will shows you my unparalleled power!"

Terry aimed his rifle back at Calvin, who was in the middle of the room.

"Gravity times one-hundred!"

Terry pulled the trigger but then felt something pushing down on him. It's force was incredible. He found himself unable to keep himself upright. He slowly sank to the ground. Whenever he tried to push himself up, he could feel his bones bending. He looked around and saw Isi and Deacon were both collapsing.

"What power does this man have?" Isi asked, through gritted teeth.

"Only the most powerful snake bite of them all!" Calvin exclaimed, proudly. I was bitten by the manipulation snake. The most rare kind."

Deacon tried to move, but he couldn't. The force of gravity was against him. He knew he could risk crippling himself.

"In my White Room, time, space, and gravity, all obey my every whim. It's power is still a mystery to me, but I know that no other snake bite could compare. I will use this power to rid the world of the filthy vermin."

He walked over to the group of townspeople that were also being crushed.

"Ruff-heads, Rosies, Chinamen, all of them will be eliminated."

As he spoke, he intensified the gravity over one of the civilians. Everyone could hear his bones crack and pop, slowly, as the man screamed out in agony.

All Deacon and his crew could do was watch helplessly as this man suffered a slow death.

"Dammit." Deacon thought. "I have to do something. I can't just lay here."

"You are all at my mercy, but I will show you no mercy. I will eviscerate you all. One by…what the hell?"

Calvin watched in confusion as Deacon pushed his back upwards and was able to get on all fours. He then slowly pushed himself up, and sluggishly got on his two feet. He then dragged himself towards Calvin. Rage in his eyes, and his fists balled.

"How?" He thought, as Deacon finally reached him.

"I-I'm not gonna let you kill any more." Deacon said with a panting voice.

Calvin just looked at him, and then swatted him away.

"I'm going to assume that was pure luck. Anyways, back to- oh what the hell?"

Deacon was on his feet again. He then tried to make his way to Calvin.

"I see you are not as weak as you look." He said. "Times two hundred."

Deacon immediately collapsed to the ground. But he resumed his struggle to his feet.

"You just don't get it do you? Your gonna cripple yourself, all for a bunch of Ruff-heads and a Rosie?"

Deacon got on his knees. "One of those Ruff-heads, and the Rosie, they are my crew. And I'm not gonna let you do anything to em'."

Calvin scoffed, and then kicked Deacon, canceling his progress. He looked over at Terry and Isi. "So those two are your crew? Well I guess I know who's dying first.

Calvin began to walk towards the two outlaws. He was interrupted by a hand gripping his shoulder. He looked and saw Deacon wind his fist back, and throw a very slow punch that connected with his face. Although he felt no pain, the fact that Deacon is standing enraged him. He pummeled Deacon with a hard right to the face. That knocked him down.

"I don't know what the hell you are, but this ends here."

Calvin curled his finger and was about to crush Deacon with gravity multiplied by five hundred, when he saw something that horrified him.

Everyone looked at his face, his jaw was hanging, and sweat was pouring down his face. Soon the ceiling of the White Room shattered, And a large crow came flying down. As the ceiling shattered, the effects of the White Room wore off. Everyone got up and just stared.

The crow was so dark, it seemed to suck the light from all around it. It's eyes were bright red.

"No, you were supposed to be a Myth!" Calvin screamed. He then charged at the crow. The black bird just flew around him and then slashed at his chest with it's talons. The blow caused him to spin backwards.

"Ngh. Damn you. Jim Crow." Calvin said, as he coughed out blood.

The bird then transformed into a shadowy figure. It looked like a man wearing a bird costume. The darkness was still present. As the man slowly walked towards him.

"You might have an impressive Sinti Snake bite, but it's nothing compared to the spirit animals of the West."

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@mikesterman: Ah yes that Sinister Sun and Malicious Moon have much to answer for with all the time they've been draining from writers here.

Will read a little later, celebrating being officially in remission tonight

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Hmm Spirit Animals cool, always have loved crows

mikesterman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: yeah , just a little tease here. they are going to be more important muuuuuuuuuuch later.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#6 cbishop  Online

@mikesterman: The writing is still much better than before, but the story has just gotten weird. Hope it does well in the college paper.

mikesterman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: a little western fantasy never hurt anyone.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#8 cbishop  Online

@mikesterman: Nope, doesn't hurt anyone, but it's getting really weird.