Gotham City 21 Civil War: Chapter #2~Calm Before The Storm

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

Harley Quinn stared at the photo of her puddin for hours. Her eyeliner ran down her face like a slow waterfall, knowing that she would never see the love of her life again. Eddie Brock approached her slowly, softly laying a hand on her shoulder. Harley looked back up at her savior with big puppy dog eyes. "All he wanted was to make the world laugh...But they didn't get the joke...They didn't...Get...The...Joke!" Harley hugged Eddie as she burst into tears. "We coulda saved him...Could've been part of the family..." she went on.

A scoff was heard as Grodd presented himself, a scowl on his face. "No...No one could have saved that monster." Harley shook her head, before burying it into Eddie's chest. "No...No, ya don't understand...I'm the only one who..." Grodd pushed Eddie away, as he stood imposingly before Harley. "No, it's you who doesn't understand!!" roared Grodd. "You're just lucky that ink blotted troglodyte finished off The Joker before I got to him. If it were me, I would have broken every bone in his body until he begged for death. Then I would rip those bones out! And I'd make you watch, so you'd finally learn your lesson! But you never will, after all, you loved him! Well, damn you! This team is dying because of you! BECAUSE OF..." Eddie grabbed Grodd's arm, shifting to symbiotic form and roaring at the simian lord. "You lay a finger on her, I'll rip your guts out and shove 'em down your throat!!!" roared Venom. Grodd shook his head, as he trodded away, annoyed and angry.

As Venom shifted back to human form, Harley looked back at her protector, a slight smile on her face. "Why are you doing this?" she asked, still wallowing in despair. Eddie shrugged, "Well, first of all, you saved me, it's only fitting. Second, I really do see a lot of you in me. I can see that you want to leave that...Criminal past behind. You want to do the right thing...You just got in league with the wrong people...I'm not going to blame you for that." Harley wiped away her tears, laughing a little. "Nice to have a fan...You want to hang out later, if we ain't beatin up on old' strawface?" Eddie smiled brightly, walking away. "I'd like that..."

As Venom walked away, he was immediately approached by Sinestro. Eddie gave Sinestro a look of confusion and suspicion. "What do you want?" Sinestro shrugged. "With Blaze gone, my Corps has a vacancy in it's ranks...At least in the ranks which serve me. Leaving a position that would be very fitting to a man with skills such as your own." Sinestro presented a Yellow Power Ring to Eddie, as Eddie picked it up, examining it. "I'll try it on in our next fight..." Eddie decided, walking away to his room.

Poison Ivy sat in her greenhouse deep in the Batcave, when she was approached by Spider-Man. The hero slowly walked to Ivy, trying to look as calm and detached as possible. "I'm sorry...About earlier..." said Parker, nervously. "Hell, I probably should never have dragged you into this 'team' to begin with..." Ivy put a finger on Parker's mouth, a serious look on her face. "No...No." she declared in a serious and uncharacteristically sincere voice. "It was right for me to join up. Don't blame yourself because Rorschach's an idiot" Ivy picked up a seed from a large bag next to her, planting it into the ground. The seed instantly transformed into an enormous plant, reaching about 25 feet in the air. The buds were purple, with yellow centers, and the whole organism moved and examined it's surroundings almost like an animal. Ivy pulled out a seed from the bag, presenting it to Parker.

"I don't know if your powers made you oblivious to everyone else's mediocrity, but I don't have plant powers." Ivy smiled, shaking her head. "These grow instantly no matter who plants them." Parker shrugged, taking the seeds and planting them into the earth. After waiting a little, there was no reaction. Ivy dug out the seeds, placing them in Parker's hand, and holding his hands. "You have to dig them in these moist, mossy areas...Plenty of water...Hydration." Ivy, realizing how close her body was to Parker's, pulled away, letting Spider-Man do the rest. After Peter planted the seeds, another plant instantly sprung from the ground. Spidey laughed as Ivy clapped in response. "Not bad for my first try, huh?" Ivy brushed her hair back, composing herself.

Meanwhile, Captain America sat alone in his chambers, drinking a bottle of Jack Daniels. No matter how hard he tried, his condition meant he couldn't get drunk. Shame, it seemed perhaps such a state would provide an escape from the deaths and violence that he had been directly responsible for, the separation of the Gotham City 21 and the formation of Rorschach's squad of radicals. The air-locked door opened, as he was approached by both Matt Murdock and J'onn Jonnz. "Today was a success Steve." J'onn insisted. "We stopped The Joker, and the only ones who would stoop to the low of killing an unarmed man are gone."

"Don't hand me that J'onn..." Rogers grumbled. "I was tasked with leading this team. With liberating Gotham, and the world, from Scarecrow's regime. Everything seemed to be going...So well!" Steve threw the Jack Daniels bottle against the wall, as it shattered into pieces. As Rogers began to walk away, Daredevil put a hand on his shoulder. "Listen! Rorschach is a sociopath, but he speaks loudly and has a habit of coming of sounding smarter than he really is. You can't blame yourself."

Captain America lightly pushed Matt away as he looked at the American flag displayed on the wall. "America is dying Matthew. I never thought I would say this before...But things are looking grim. Fear and anxiety have consumed everyone, including our comrades. Scarecrow is even worse than we've imagined, not only has he murdered millions, not only will be responsible for the deaths of billions, but he's planted so much doubt in the brains of societies so called 'protectors' that we are losing grip. I...Don't know if we can win this war. And I don't know if humanity as we know it can survive."

To Be Continued In Gotham CIty 21 Civil War: Chapter #3~New Allies

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: I'll read it tomorrow.

Could you by any chance send me a link to the last one so I can refresh me memory? If so, thanks! If not, its fine.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Very nice chapter!

When you're all done you should just make a thread with the links to every chapter so it can be like a small book.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: Cool got the library for this series bookmarked. The review for this series is next on my to do list.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

Very nice chapter!

When you're all done you should just make a thread with the links to every chapter so it can be like a small book.

Your wish is my command...Gotham City 21 Library