Echo Praelior Chapter 6: Attack on the I.U.D.B.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b9eaaf41cf6
deactivated-57b9eaaf41cf6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Author's Note

I forgot to post these chapters to the CV Fanfic Forum due to working reasons.

So here we go!

I hope you enjoy The New Empire Chapter 5! If you want to read the other chapters in the Falcon Universe, or you want to read that failed Kombat Universe, click on my Fic-O-Pedia - Also check out my site. I usually post daily updates of when I am going to post a chapter on my website.

And if you have a Wattpad, please follow me and vote on my stories. It will greatly help me on that site.

Chapter 6 of Echo Praelior

Kato started the landing process for the ship from high up in orbit. He maneuvered the ship and it shot straight down at high speed. A red halo encompassed the entire craft as the planet encompassed Kato’s entire view.

‘It’s getting fucking hot in here but if I don’t want to be caught by their detection systems it's necessary.’ Kato thought as he quickly readjusted as the ship came closer to the ground.

He cloaked the ship quickly and let it hover over the planet. Kato didn’t know what this planet was other then it had an abundance of trees, water, and life. It was almost like Zotarra but everything seemed almost artificial. There was more of a beauty to the planet compared to the randomness of Zotarra.

“Can you tell me where I am now?” Kato asked over his comms. He knew Falcon was going to be online.

“The I.U.D.B. calls it Mars. A terraformed planet they made after the sun started expanding and the Earth was destroyed.” Corvus replied instead.

Kato now knew where he was as he looked up and saw the Asteroid Belt. He had never been this far into the Origin Diatasis since a while ago. At least it felt like a while ago. He looked in another direction and saw a white dot in the sky.

“They remade Earth in case you didn’t know. After they extended the life of the sun by a few billion years.” Kato informed Corvus.

“You mean they remade Earth 5.”

Kato listened but didn't comment, ‘Are these people insane?’

Kato composed himself and asked calmly, “Where is the base coordinates on Mars?”

Corvus told Kato the coordinates and he set them in the ship before going down a corridor into a loading bay in his ship. He grabbed a package that was sitting on a box and went down a corridor to his right. He pushed a door open and went into a kitchen. He opened the package and placed it into the microwave.

“This is an odd ship design.” Corvus was watching Kato’s every move through a tablet. Kato’s new bionic eyes allowed Falcon and Corvus to watch what he was doing. They would remove the software after once Kato could no longer betray them.

“Do you have to see my entire personal space and what do you mean by odd?”

“Most of the Falcon Empire’s ships have a set design. The living area is the first thing you see and it's always circular. Then the rooms are either placed in a hallway to the back or front of the ship or they are extensions from the living area. The loading bay is an advanced matter-forming technology. The pilot cabin is of course in the front and weapons are AI controlled and stored safely in the hull.” Corvus explained his reasoning.

Kato listened as he took his food out and ate it, “So wait, do you guys do that for a reason? Sounds very boring if every ship looks the same,” Kato scoffed, “Sounds like communism if that's an appropriate word.”

“Not every ship looks the same inside. Certain interiors have different colors depending on what a person may choose. You can also get a designer. The part most companies focus on is the exterior. Beautiful, sharp designs are the norm.”

Kato was extremely interested in the conversation and continued to ask questions during the 15 minutes he could before arriving at the base. Corvus continued to tell him different things about the Falcon Empire and it almost made Kato want to join. Corvus realized this and then offered.

“For someone so interested in the bullshit I talk it's almost like you want to be a part of the madness.” Corvus commented.

“Nah, I’m a loner. I don’t do good being a part of anything.”

“For a person, who just turned 2,061, that knows the fact that Earth 5 was reformed and that literally happened just 100 years ago, I think something drove you away.”

Corvus was right. Something did drive Kato away from the I.U.D.B. and he hoped he wouldn’t find that reason today.

“Well if you keep watching my every move you might find out for yourself,” Kato then became irritated with one fact, “What the hell do you mean by Earth 5?”

“There are many different Earth’s all with a similar history. How can you not know about this if the Siloteri controls three?”

Kato’s eyes widened in shock as he listened to Corvus, “The Siloteri hides so many things.”

Corvus quickly looked around and saw that Falcon was still sleeping, “So do we.”

“You haven’t exactly hidden anything from me during this conversation.”

“Because this was unimportant information,” Corvus swiped and tapped on his tablet and a map of the base appeared with a pulsing dot, “If you need any help whatsoever physically, there’s a F.I.D. spy that may be able to help you.”

“What are you talking about?” Kato asked.

“Falcon Industrial Defense spy.” Corvus quickly looked around and saw that Falcon was still not there next to him.

Kato got a little annoyed and more so angry, “I thought you guys were stranded!”

“That’s what Falcon told you.” Corvus replied as he saw Kato return back to the loading bay.

“What’s the truth then! The fact that the Falcon’s have been here for billions of years just to cause trouble!” Kato screamed as he pressed a button on a console and the loading bay opened up.

“I am going to tell you something that you can never say to anyone.”

“Is it another lie?” Kato asked sarcastically.

“No, the reason we stayed here for billions of years is because our ship was broken. It couldn’t return to anywhere near the Falcon Empire so we put ourselves in stasis for a long time. We awakened later and found the Siloteri could fix our ships but they refused.”

Kato jumped out of his ship and landed in the mud, “Goddammit. Thought this patch was dry. Continue.”

“We went back into stasis for another billion years before Falcon awakened us and started rambling about how he was tired of being stuck here. So we slowly then quickly started campaigning against the Siloteri.”

“He told me that part. Get to the point!”

“The point is that don’t trust Falcon. Before we found you, we came across another spy. The Falcon Empire had been searching for us and they finally found us. The Falcon I knew would have returned home but he didn’t. He decided to stay.”

Kato walked through the jungle toward the base and continued listening as Corvus’s speech became more rapid and panicked, “You need to calm down.”

“I can’t because I swear I am near a mad man. I went along with it but I just want to go back home. Falcon is out for some revenge plot against someone in the Siloteri and I don’t know why.” Corvus finished and realized he was breathing heavily.

Kato replayed the entire story in his head and it began to remind him of something. It was distant, a childhood memory. He remembered it was a song The Titans used to sing to him but he couldn’t remember what it was. He figured maybe Corvus could look for it.

“Can these bionic eyes access memories?” Kato asked, “I remember something that the name Falcon reminds me of but it isn’t coming to me.”

Corvus started tapping on his tablet and he stood up from the couch, “Sure.”

Kato started running through the thick jungle and didn’t notice a guard that was keeping watch, “Who’s there?”

Kato stopped and hid behind a bunch of vines. He waited for the guard to turn around and then jumped at him. He snapped the neck of his opponent before hiding the body at the bottom of a tree. Kato stared at the corpse and got an idea.

“I’m probably going to use this guys armor. They won’t be able to tell it's me and another plus is that guards can’t talk while they are in the armor. So I won’t have to fake a voice or anything.” Kato spoke as Corvus continued fiddling with the tablet.

“Ok, do that then.” Corvus replied as he continued searching through the bunch of memories Kato had. A whole lot of the recent ones were a bunch of nude women and intercourse.

“Well then can you stop watching me for a second.” Kato requested.

“If you are worried about me seeing your goddamn package, let me remind you I’m going through your memories. The amount of sex you have kind of makes me think you are actually an addict.” Corvus put emphasis on the last sentence.

“Can you just jump to childhood memories? Key word is childhood.” Kato started with his shirt and undressed.

“It isn’t that simple. Your memories are organized based on images and all I can do is tap through. Maybe if you had a neural augment it would be easier but since everyone in this section of universe doesn't have a robotic augment, things are much harder to accomplish.” Corvus replied.

Kato put on the armor which was a military standard I.U.D.B. soldier outfit. It was black with a gray under armor that was supposed to make the outer armor more comfortable. There were no weaknesses or exposed parts in the armor from what Kato could tell.

“See, was that so difficult?” Corvus commented when he saw Kato was done and was back on the move, “If it's any consolation, at least it's big.”

Kato actually felt a genuine smile coming to his face, “Thanks… I think. Can you find anything like a hatch near me where I can enter the base? Or is this not like Zotarra.”

Corvus quickly searched in another app on his tablet for a hatch or secret entrance and found nothing, “Nope. There's nothing that indicates a secret entrance. However, there is a car about a couple hundred feet from you.”

“How are you seeing this?” Kato asked as he started running toward the car which was marked in his vision. The bionic eyes certainly had their uses.

“How else are we having instant communication? Let me mark it for you.” Corvus tapped an image on his tablet that looked like Falcon’s ship.

Kato looked up and saw a massive thing in the sky that followed him as he ran, “That’s impressive. Shouldn't you be cloaked?”

“I marked it for your vision,” Corvus watched Kato almost run into the vehicle, “Car!”

Kato slammed into the SUV full force and fell backwards. Corvus started laughing as Kato stood up slowly. He opened the door and entered the driver’s seat. The car automatically started as he touched the wheel.

“The suit is biometric to the guard; linked to whatever that soldier had,” Kato heard Corvus’s laughter, “Is pain funny to you?”

Corvus stopped laughing and remarked, “Yes because it's funny when someone doesn’t see a massive car!”

“You distracted me with that goddamn ship! Where to now?”

Corvus looked at the map and then at the memories and saw a couple of childhood ones, “Just ten miles north.”

“Do you want a story before you go to bed?” A man asked.

“Yes. Tell me,” Kato took some time deciding, “The one about Order, Chaos, and Falcon.”

Zeus jumped on the bed as soon as he heard Kato, “You wanna listen to that story again. It’s sooooo boring.”

Imber jumped on top of Zeus to shut him up before rolling off on top of the lady, “Let's hear it again.”

Mason Dalton, Kato's cousin, sat in a chair quietly away from the scene.

“Well, one day I was walking down a corridor in this magnificent palace. I saw Chaos, Order, and Falcon talking in the corner. They were always the bad ones. Scheming against the rest of the family trying to take power.”

The four little boys watched The Titan attentively as he told them the story.

“They thought I was going to join them. They were planning on assassinating the rest of the Titans including me of I didn’t agree with the plan.”

“What did you do?” Mason asked, attentively listening.

“I told the others. By morning the three traitorous fiends were running for hills as a magnificent dragon came in a nearly rained fire upon them. That dragon was me.” The Titan jumped at Zeus and Zeus fell laughing.

“Go to bed now boys, we have a big day tomorrow.” The man said as he grabbed Mason and put him in one of the four beds.

“Thanks, Hades.” Mason spoke as he watched his father leave the room.

Kato jumped on the brakes as another SUV passed him and passed the wall to enter the base. Corvus jumped as Falcon scared him to get a laugh. He quickly closed the apps he was in and removed them from the home screen before handing the tablet to Falcon.

“Are you ok?” Falcon asked as Corvus quickly walked past him, “I didn’t mean to scare you too much.”

Corvus turned around, “If you ever wanted something you would tell me wouldn’t you?”

Falcon looked at Corvus in the sweet way he always did when Corvus asked him a question like that, “Of course I would.”

A lie, straight through his smile. Corvus saw it now. He turned around and went into his room which was next to Falcon’s. Corvus grabbed his phone off the dresser and checked it almost automatically for notifications. It was a habit of his.

Natalie was in a dark room, holding Anati’s head back with a towel over her face. She poured water on it and Anati squirmed as the water continued to flow. It felt like she was drowning and it felt like agony but Anati knew that no matter what she was to not say anything.

Natalie put the chair standing again and removed the towel. She held an empty gallon in her left hand and the towel in the other. She wore a nice matte-black armor which didn’t show patches of grey like the standard issue armor. It was used to scare suspects during interrogation and it was also used for public appearances.

“Fill this for me,” Natalie ordered a soldier that was in the room with her, “And let’s try this again.”

Natalie leaned into Anati’s face and didn’t expect Anati to spit on her, “You are going to have to try harder!” Anati screamed.

Natalie punched her victim, “Where is Magna Rex?”

Anati spit in her face again and screamed, “You think I’m going to tell you? Your weak ass torture methods will never work. We burn people’s scalp off for information.”

“That can be arranged.”

“Good thing I’m used to it.” Anati replied and Natalie could tell she was serious.

Anati knew it as soon as she saw it. Natalie was not cut to be the leader of the I.U.D.B. Anati’s mother or Natalie’s mother, Ava Morrow, was cut for the work. But Natalie and her father, Buster Harrison, were too weak to make thought decisions.

“I’m trying to spare you,” Natalie admitted, “Because as soon as my mother walks in here you will hate it.”

“Your mercy is touching. Truly it is but I can’t say anything.” Anati panted toward the ground and was leaning forward.

Natalie left the room into another room with a console and a couple of chairs where Mason Dalton was watching, “Babe, at least you tried.”

“Do you know how many times I have failed an interrogation?” Natalie cracked under the anger.

She didn’t even let Mason respond, “This is number 50. I am going to be below Lenna’s rank as soon as my mother finds out.” She stomped out of the room and into a bright white corridor. She continued walking with heavy feat until she reached an elevator.

The elevator stopped and her mother entered it, “So you failed interrogation again.”

“Hey fellow bitch, how was your day?” Natalie replied. She looked nothing like her mother. Natalie didn’t have blonde hair, white skin, and blue eyes. Natalie was dirty-blonde, brown-skinned like her father, and had green eyes like her father.

“I’m not going to lower your rank. You just need to train with Lenna.” For the first time ever, Natalie heard her mother being reasonable.

Natalie slightly smirked, “Thanks. May I ask why the change of thought?”

“Your father suggested you were a little to merciful like him. So, I thought maybe you should train with a friend who honestly hates everyone.”

“Lenna doesn’t hate everyone.”

“She hates everyone outside the I.U.D.B.”

“Because Lennox taught her that but she doesn’t actually hate them. She’s confused from what I can tell.”

They both stood silent as the elevator stopped and opened. Natalie stepped out before her mother grabbed her arm.

“Sorry it didn’t work out today. Probably tomorrow when you interrogate Strida it will be better.”

“Sure. Thanks mom.” Natalie turned back around as her mother let go. She heard the elevator go back down and finally relaxed.

Natalie was at the very top of the dome of the base. The top was made out of glass and decorated with a lot of the flora native to Mars. She enjoyed coming up here to relax and think about things.

‘The stress has been getting to me recently. Maybe I should stay up here with Mason tonight.’

Natalie didn't know it wasn't going to be a very relaxing place for long.

“Where’s Corvus?” Kato asked as he walked down a white corridor toward another target Falcon told him to check.

Falcon was laying on the couch naked as he watched Kato, “He went to sleep.”

“What are these targets you want me to check?” Kato asked. Since he arrived two hours ago, he had stolen bombs and planted them in specific locations. It was almost midnight and the entire base was bustling with energy.

“Rescue targets.” Falcon replied as he rubbed his chest. He was a lot less conversational compared to Corvus.

Kato stopped at the first target and checked the room to see if anyone was in it. He went inside and saw a console with multiple chairs. It was an interrogation room from what he could recognize. He looked at the window and saw that Strida, queen of the Exofirma Empire, was in there.

“First target is alive. Tortured, but alive.” Kato informed.

"Move to the next one." Falcon ordered.

Kato walked back out into the corridor and moved to the next marked target. He passed by many workers and soldiers who were less tense compared to him. They were just talking and having fun.

Kato reached the next room and saw there was a whole lot of people inside it. He then saw a person that was marked ally and figured it was the F.I.D. spy Corvus mentioned. Kato continued walking as soon as he noticed that someone started watching him from inside the room. Ava Morrow noticed the soldier and shrugged off the weird feeling she had.

"Can't get to the next target by there is an F.I.D. spy in there. Try and contact him.” Kato informed.

Falcon grabbed the tablet from the white coffee table and called the spy, “This is Falcon. What is the state of the person that is being held in the facility?”

The spy replied, “She is about to endure the worst torture from Ava Morrow. Subject name is Anati and if you are going to do anything, I suggest you do it now.”

“Thank you for the information.” Falcon said before hanging up.

“Third target is alive and breathing also.” Kato informed Falcon.

“Good, the attack can begin.”

Cannibal screamed at the people who were resting in the jungle to get up and get back inside the ships. They were starting the offensive. Magna Rex was surprised by the news.

‘I guess this is how the Falcon’s do it.’ He thought as he walked and stood next to Cannibal.

“You heard him. Get back in the ships!”

The mass amount of Exofirma soldiers quickly returned to their vehicles. The ships were massive carriers that could hold 50 soldiers and ten weaponized cars. They were used in offensive attacks and the ships were also surprisingly quick.

From one moment to the next, Natalie saw a missile fly into the observatory. She grabbed Mason and threw him into the elevator as the threat exploded. Natalie immediately pushed a button on the elevator for the evacuation floor.

“I got a feed.” Falcon spoke as he rapidly pulled up a camera. He saw Anati, Sapphire, and Strida in the dark rooms.

“Go help the targets I told you about Kato. We will see you on the ground shortly.” Falcon ordered before throwing the tablet on the couch and running into his room.

Cannibal jumped from the carrier ship and broke a wall into the giant dome. He ran down a corridor and pushed an I.U.D.B. soldier down. Cannibal grabbed the soldier and threw him against his knee.

Another soldier tried firing at Cannibal with an SMG but the bullets didn’t even scratch the white battlesuit. Cannibal disarmed the soldier and smacked him with the gun.

Sapphire looked as someone busted down the sealed metal door, “Kato?”

“Hi, didn’t I meet you somewhere?” Kato asked as he untied the chains holding Sapphire down.

Sapphire stood up and slapped him, “You don’t remember the fact that you fucked me three weeks ago!”

The memory came rushing back to Kato and his expression turned to one of pleasure, “Now I remember. Your sister is near, let’s go.”

Natalie dragged Mason with her through the evacuation hangar. She pulled out her phone while running and her ship opened as they stepped inside. She ran into the pilot cabin and started the engine.

“What are you waiting for? Take off!” Mason yelled as Exofirma soldiers started flooding the hangar. He grabbed a gun and fired upon them.

“I’m waiting for Lenna!” Natalie screamed as she flipped the ship around. A silent moment occurred between when she pressed the trigger and the huge laser miniguns of the ship fired upon the Exofirma soldiers.

Lenna emerged from one of the corridors with a trail of soldiers running after her. Natalie turned her ship back around and prayed that Lenna could reach her. Lenna jumped and grabbed the edge of the platform as Mason helped her in.

“Come on, move the subject!” Ava screamed as two soldiers ran with Anati handcuffed.

Sapphire emerged from another corridor in front of the two soldiers, “How about you stop moving.” Sapphire ran toward her targets and slid as she brought two swords right to their crotches. She kicked Ava to the ground as she stood up.

Ava retaliated and tried to punch Sapphire but Kato grabbed her arm and slammed her into the wall, “Never thought I’d see you again.”

Ava and Kato moved in a circle as Sapphire helped her sister up, “You were one of our best agents.”

“You were the worst.” Kato said before he flung himself at Ava and knocked her to the wall. He grabbed her wrist and threw her back on the ground before stomping on Ava’s chest.

Falcon and Corvus came into Kato’s view as he continued to hold Ava down on the ground, “Let her up.” Falcon ordered.

Kato let Ava stand up and before she could punch him, Falcon grabbed her arm and fired a blue blast from his hand. She fell back unconscious.

“Cannibal. Do you have Strida?”

“Yes, I am with Rex, Phadro, Trogon, and others.”

“Good, I have Sapphire and Anati with me. Along with the leader of the I.U.D.B.” Falcon replied with a smile.