Earth In Chains - Part 9

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Project_Worm

This Fan-Fic is rated T, also if you havent checked it out here is Earth In Chains - Part 8  If this is your first time reading E.I.C. go here>>> 1 

(Apokolips – Darkseid's Palace) 

"Lord Darkseid." Desaad acknowledged.

"I trust that you bring more news?"

"Yes, my lord. We recovered this footage from a destroyed Scouter Drone." Desaad held up a small device and activated it, creating a holographic image before them. The image showed a teenager's foot smashing into the drone, damaging the eye. After that the picture kept cutting out, but they could occasionally see glimpses of the teenager destroying Secret Police.

"He got away?" Darkseid's tone made it much more of a statement than a question.

"Unfortunately yes my lord. The boy escaped with fugitive Jesse West, whom we believe to be the son of The Flash." Desaad reported uncomfortably.

"Interesting." Darkseid sounded more amused than angered, which surprised his advisor.

"We don't know who the dark haired boy is, my lord, but we have teams working on it as we speak and-"

"I know who he is." Darkseid interrupted.

"Wh- who my lord?" Desaad was shocked.

"He… is our first potential threat in years. The uprising of Ricochet has been an annoying happenstance. The presence of Jesse West has been a meaningless coincidence. But this upstart, he is an enemy. And the fact that he has allied himself with the son of the speedster proves that he is forming alliances. And an alliance by the enemy, is considered enemy action."

"So what do you propose we do, Lord Darkseid?"

"Enemies of Apokolips cannot stand. We have already proven that, now we must maintain the reputation. Send Deathstroke. Tell him to kill anyone in sight."

(Sewers – Burning Area after the Explosion)

"Uh…" Tommy sat up slowly, covered in soot. Jesse sat up a few feet away from him, groaning. They were sitting on top of chunks of debris, surrounded by fire.

"How'd we survive that?" Tommy coughed out.

"While we were falling, I put up a vibrational field around us that protected us from the majority of the blast." Jesse explained.

"Finally you did something right." Tommy groaned, getting to his feet. He immediately fell back down and caught himself on his hands and knees. He realized his left leg had been burned. Not badly, but enough that he didn't want to walk.

"Come on." Jesse extended his hand to help Tommy up.

"Why are you helping me all the sudden?"

"I screwed up and almost got you killed twice. I figure I owe you two life-saves now. That explosion was the first one. This is the second. Now take my hand already."

Jesse helped Tommy to his feet and slug Tommy's arm over his shoulders to help him walk.

"Hope your not expecting a thank you."

"From you? Hell no! So where was it you wanted to go again?"

"Mt. Justice. Not really where I want to go… but it's the best place right now."

"How old are you?"

"Sixteen as of today. Or maybe yesterday, depending on what time it is."

"I'm turning sixteen in a week or so."

"I don't care."

(Same Area – An hour Later)

Deathstroke the Terminator walked into the tunnel and looked around at the flame from the explosion. After the invasion, he had been made the head of Apokolip's Tracking Corps. His job was to hunt down fugitives and slay them, and he never failed in his job.

An army of parademons and battle drones followed him. "They went that way." Deathstroke pointed down a tunnel. "They left clumps of soot behind them as they walked down that tunnel. An idiot mistake."

"Shall we pursue them, Master?" A drone asked.

"No, not yet. We'll just hang back and follow their trail without being noticed. They are going somewhere that they think is safe, which means there might be others, who think it is safe. I bet they'll lead us right into a nest."  

ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE PROPERTY OF DC COMICS

Please comment below and tell me what you think.

Here is  Earth In Chains - Part 10
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By InnerVenom123

Deathstroke was the best thing you could have introduced next. Love it.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#3  Edited By The Impersonator

Hasta la vista, baby! Great chapter! :P

KisserNe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By KisserNe

@Project_Worm said:

"He… is our first potential threat in years. The uprising of Ricochet has been an annoying happenstance. The presence of Jesse West has been a meaningless coincidence. But this upstart, he is an enemy. And the fact that he has allied himself with the son of the speedster proves that he is forming alliances. And an alliance by the enemy, is considered enemy action."

This was almost too cruel, good sir (well played)

@Project_Worm said:

"Enemies of Apokolips cannot stand. We have already proven that, now we must maintain the reputation. Send Deathstroke. Tell him to kill anyone in sight."

Oh EFF yeah! I am now completely in over my head with suspense and excitement! Who's one excited (big) kid? I am.

-continues reading-

Oh so good and once again, every single character in this came to life and the plot delved deeper into awesomeness!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By batkevin74

This is getting better! Nice work. And another vital clue on who Tommy's parents are, by the quote and clever deduction i worked it out! Tommy's parents were Maxwell Lord the king of alliances and Oracle the queen of the interweb! :)

@Project_Worm said:

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

#6  Edited By dngn4774

@InnerVenom123 said:

Deathstroke was the best thing you could have introduced next. Love it.

This

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Project_Worm

@dngn4774: Thank You! Look forward to seeing more of him.