Earth In Chains - Part 2

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Project_Worm

I was away on a trip so I didnt have time to put up part 2, but Im back so here it goes. This Fan-Fic is rated T, also if you havent checked it out here is Earth In Chains - Part 1

(New Metropolis – Orphanage)

Metropolis had been the proudest city of free world. Massive, wealthy, and beautiful. So when Darkseid took control of Earth, he created New Metropolis. Still the largest city, and also one of the few cities not in ruins, but now it was dark, depressing, and dingy. Just like the rest of the world under Apokoliptian rule. New Metropolis was home to many of the hellish orphanages run by Granny Goodness, in which children were brainwashed into being utterly loyal to Darkseid.

SANCTION was one of the largest of those orphanages, and also one of the most heavily guarded. And it was exactly where a Ricochet was headed.

Ricochet stood on top of a nearby building and surveyed the rooftop of SANCTION. There were four robotic eyes floating around that would trigger an alarm the second they saw him. Also on the roof were two armed drones, with their backs facing each other.

"Too easy." Ricochet chuckled through his mask, which was a black slate with yellow-tinted slits for the eyes. The mask fit over only his face, concealing his identity. His hair hung long at the sides, and was a sandy brown color. He wore all black for stealth purposes. "Let the games begin." Ricochet leapt off of the building he was on and began plummeting toward the SANCTION rooftop. As he fell, he pulled out a gauntlet-looking device and slid it onto his wrist. He then took aim with it and fired an EMP pulse at one of the eye drones, temporarily blinding it. Now that he had a blind spot open, the next part was easy.

Ricochet landed in front of the blinded eye and pulled a heavy steel marble out of his pocket. There was the sound of an electrical surge from him, and then the marble fired out of his hand like a bullet! It hit another one of the eyes, which was facing a different way, and smashed it. The marble then bounced off and with perfect precision, struck a third eye and destroyed it. And in a work of mastery, it ricocheted off and took out the forth eye. The marble then flew back to his hand.

The armed drones noticed him and turned to open fire. Ricochet leapt into the air and landed behind the two drones, and touched them both in the back. "You get a positive charge…" He said to the right drone. "And lefty, you get a negative charge." Suddenly the two drones smashed into each other like a pair of magnets attracting each other. They began spinning around violently trying to pry themselves off of each other, and eventually spun right off the rooftop.

"Like I said, too easy." Ricochet laughed. He moved over to a glass skylight made up of square glass tiles locked together. He touched his hand to one of the tiles. "Never tried this on glass before…" He said to himself. "But I can magnetize anything inorganic, and last I checked, glass wasn't alive." He did his best to magnetize just the one tile, and then raised his hand. The tile came right with it. "Yes!" He demagnetized the tile and then dropped down through the square gap in the skylight.

But he didn't touch the floor. Instead he began to walk on the metal ceiling! Ricochet had found countless uses for his ability to control magnetism, but walking on the ceiling was easily his favorite.

He began to casually take steps down the hall, while handing upside down. When a parademon walked through on guard duty, it passed right under Ricochet, unaware of his presence. Ricochet reached down and grabbed the parademon by the back of his armor, and quickly snapped his neck.

Ricochet then fished around on the dead parademon's armor for a moment before finding a key. He took the keycard, dropped down to the floor, and shoved the dead guard into a closet. Ricochet then moved over to the control room door, and used the keycard to enter. The control room was completely automated, and Ricochet quickly fired another EMP at the alarm system before taking another step. He began scanning over the security screens.

"I'll be here all night if I try to find her like this… I need to find where they keep a list of names, that way I can find out what cell block she's in." Ricochet muttered to himself. After searching for a moment, he found the room where the names would be stored. He quickly used his magnetic abilities to pry the grate off of an air vent, and then started crawling through.

After several minutes of crawling Ricochet reached the room that he wanted to be in. He kicked down the grate and dropped it right on top of the guard's head, knocking him out. Ricochet then descended into the open room and moved over to the holo-computer, where he quickly began looking through all of the names of children in the orphanage.

"Come on… L, L, where's L?" He muttered to himself, scrolling down the list. Suddenly there was a blast behind him, and a laser-shot destroyed the consol. "Damn it!" Ricochet turned around to see Sportsmaster holding a laser rifle. Some of the villains who sided with Apokolips during the invasion had been allowed to live, and were given jobs. Sportsmaster had been made chief of security for all of the orphanages on Earth.

"Ricochet! If I'd known it was you, there wouldn't have been a warning shot." Sportsmaster announced.

"You're really doing this again?" Ricochet sighed. "I kick your ass every single time. Anyone with half a brain wouldn't given up by now."

"This is the end of the line, punk." Sportsmaster looked at the guards behind him. "Kill him!" A hail of laser fire erupted.

Ricochet used his power over magnetism to pull all the tiles off the floor, and began using them as shields, blocking each blast with a different tile. But each time the tile shattered. He wouldn't be able to keep it up forever.

Ricochet drew five steel marbles from his pocket, and infused them with a positive charge. He then sent a negative charge through his hand, causing them to repel away from him like bullets. The marbles struck down several of the guards, and then had a pinball effect in the hallway, bouncing off of the walls repeatedly and striking guards again each time.

Ricochet took advantage of the opening and sprinted out the door, punching Sportsmaster into a wall along the way. He collected up the marbles and broke started to run, only to find a locked door.

Within seconds Sportsmaster was taking aim again. Ricochet tried magnetically to pull his gun away from him, but found that he could not.

"The guns are made of nonmagnetic materials, punk. And since you aren't in physical contact with them, you can't magnetize them. I've been preparing for this encounter."

"I just want to see my sister!" Ricochet yelled.

"And what makes you think she's even still alive?" Sportsmaster taunted, preparing to pull the trigger.

"You know, you really are an idiot." Ricochet's eyes narrowed.

"How so?"

"Because you may be using plastic guns, but you're still dumb enough to wear steel toed boots."

"Huh?" Sportsmaster realized that he couldn't move his feet! Ricochet had magnetized the concrete floor, and stuck Sportsmaster's boots to them! Ricochet then reversed the charge in the floor, causing it to repel Sportsmaster, and the villain flew headfirst into the ceiling!

"See ya'!" Ricochet shouted, running passed him and jumping forcefully off a parademon's shoulders, shoving him to the ground.

Ricochet leapt through the window and began plummeting toward the ground. He grabbed a hold of one of the steel bars from the window frame and planted his feet on it, then used magnetism to keep it in the air. He began flying on it like a hover board, soaring away from the building.

Jets roared behind him, and he looked back to see Sportsmaster and two Parademons chasing after him with jetpacks.

"Give up already!" Ricochet shouted, speeding up. A javelin sailed just passed his head. Ricochet caught the back of it and swung it around, striking a parademon in the face. The next thing he knew, lasers were whizzing by. "Come on!" Ricochet eyed a tall stone building ahead. "Just a little bit further…"

Once he neared the building, he pulled upward and started gliding straight up, but touched his hand against the stone wall, sliding his fingers across it as he soared. Behind him, his pursuers prepared to move upward, but found that they were no longer in control. Ricochet was magnetizing the building, and their jetpacks were pulling straight into a stone wall!

The two parademons hit the wall and splattered. Sportsmaster was just about to make contact with the stone when he was jerked upward by magnetism. He was forcefully pulled up until he was eye-to-eye with Ricochet.

"Run back to Granny Goodness." Ricochet instructed. "Tell her I'm coming… and her days are numbered." Then he touched his hand to Sportsmaster's chest plate and sent an opposite charge through him, blasting Sportsmaster backwards at the speed of sound!

The young hero then moved on, knowing he had to disappear before reinforcements arrived.

---------------------------------

Darkseid stood prominently on the balcony of his palace, overlooking the hellish planet that was Apokolips. Desaad approached from behind. "Lord Darkseid. I bring news."

"Speak." Darkseid commanded.

"The vigilante known as Ricochet, the one who has been attacking orphanages all over Earth…"

"What about him?"

"Just last night, he infiltrated SANCTION. He made quite a mess of the place."

"And am I to understand that he escaped?" A dangerous anger suddenly lined the edges of Darkseid's voice.

"I am afraid so sir." Desaad nodded. "But, it was Sportsmaster who failed to capture him." He quickly added, hoping to redirect the dark lord's wrath away from him.

"This isn't the first time Sportsmaster has failed us. I have given him far too many chances. Kill him."

"Yes sir, it will done within the hour. And what of the vigilante?"

"He is simply a new 'hero' rising to oppose us. And we shall crush him like we did the ones before."

ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE PROPERTY OF DC COMICS

Please comment below and tell me what you think.

Here is Earth In Chains - Part 3

KisserNe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By KisserNe

Oh mah...

I am excited! This part was friggin' awesome!

I can not wait to read more of this and I have six more parts to read! Woo! ^-^

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By InnerVenom123

Ricochet is awesome!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#4  Edited By The Impersonator

Awesome chapter!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By batkevin74

@Project_Worm said:

"Run back to Granny Goodness." Ricochet instructed. "Tell her I'm coming… and her days are numbered." Then he touched his hand to Sportsmaster's chest plate and sent an opposite charge through him, blasting Sportsmaster backwards at the speed of sound!

"This isn't the first time Sportsmaster has failed us. I have given him far too many chances. Kill him."

Those two bits were my favourite! Nice chapter 2 man. Slowly but surely I shall get through the earth in chains. Good job

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Project_Worm

@batkevin74: Again glad you like it. I REALLY hope you do, hope you enjoy the rest also.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

#7  Edited By dngn4774

@batkevin74 said:

@Project_Worm said:

Those two bits were my favourite! Nice chapter 2 man. Slowly but surely I shall get through the earth in chains. Good job

Totally agree with Batkev on this one. Desaad was a nice touch as well.

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Project_Worm

@dngn4774: Glad you liked it, Hopefully that doesn't change soon.