Earth In Chains - Part 14

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Project_Worm

There are some nice little clues to multiple different things in this one. Hope you like it. This Fan-Fic is rated T, also if you havent checked it out here is Earth In Chains - Part 13   If this is your first time reading E.I.C. go here>>> 1 

In the cafeteria, Tommy swung around violently with his knife. He slashed the jugular on one parademon, and in the same motion drove the blade of his combat knife into a drone's head, effectively taking them out.

"Impressive." Deathstroke clapped. "But the fact that you were stupid enough to follow me in here says alot about your intellect… it's not much of one."

"You'd be surprised. I'm a lot smarter than I look." Tommy raised the knife.

"Forgive me if I don't take your word for it ." Deathstroke dropped his AK-47 and took a step towards Tommy.

Tommy made the first move, he swung fast and fierce. Deathstroke blocked his knife with a previously unseen machete. Tommy thought fast and now aimed his knife a Deathstroke's stomach, but the assassin caught Tommy's wrist and twisted it violently.

Tommy gasped and lost his grip on the knife, allowing Deathstroke to continue his attack.

Tommy leapt back but the blade landed a non-fatal cut on his chest. Tommy's white shirt began to soak with blood. Tommy reached into the utility belt and threw down a series of smoke pellets, that shrouded the area immediately. Tommy then attempted to strike Deathstroke from behind, but the villain spun around and kicked Tommy in the stomach, pushing him off balance and sending him crashing into the floor face first.

"Nice try kid, but I have some of the best senses you'll ever witness. I don't need to see, to fight." Deathstroke plunged the machete at Tommy, who rolled out of the way and hurled an electric baterang into the villain's shoulder. Deathstroke growled violently from the shock before ripping the device out of his shoulder, but by the time he recuperated enough to move the sole of Tommy's shoe had connected with his face.

"You're good kid, a bit more aggressively than your father, but with the same precision and strategy. Yeah, you're real good."

"You knew my dad?" Tommy's eyes widened.

"Oh yes. I knew him very well." Deathstroke swung his blade again, and Tommy managed to dodge most of it. The blade landed a deep cut on Tommy's cheek, and a stream of blood ran down the side of his face. Deathstroke swung at Tommy again who managed to avoid it completely this time. Unfortunately though it put him straight in the assassin's range, and the tip of Deathstroke's steel toed boots connected with Tommy's temple, he fell to the floor apparently unconscious. “You had to know you never had a chance, now lets end this.”

“Damn right.” Tommy hurled a bolo from the utility belt, and it wound its way around Deathstroke's legs. By the time the assassin had cut himself free, Tommy was no longer in sight.

“I have to admit, you really surprised me with that one,” Deathstroke spoke to the room in general. “Now quit wasting my time, hiding is pointless... It's like I said before, you have no cha-” A flurry of batarangs flew towards him from different directions, all of which he deflected in a single fluid motion. It was obvious he wasn't impressed. “Thomas, Come out come out wherever you are.”

Another batarang flew towards Deathstroke, which he dodged. “Maybe your not like your dad after all, he was never that bad of a shot.”

“Ha.” Tommy said before jumping down from the sealing. “I wasn't aiming at you old man.”

Deathstroke heard a series of fast paced beeps and he quickly turned around to see the batarang Tommy had just thrown was not only flashing violently but had also dug into a large propane tank. “Oh shi-” The tank exploded and forced the villain onto his hands and knees. “That wasn't so bad” Deathstroke stayed down. “Tell me, Thomas. Was that really your big plan?”

“Hardly.” Tommy said as the sprinklers activated in response to the explosion's flame. The room was soked within seconds and just as Deathstroke began to get back up, Tommy hurrled two electric batarangs That both dug into Deathstroke's torso. Which in conjunction with the water, forced him to flap around violently like a rabid fish out of water. “And the names Tommy.” he said as he ran back to the main hall.

He made his way to Allie, who had just flash frozen a group of attackers with a cryogenic arrow.

"The bastards just keep coming!" Allie shouted.

A drone attacked Tommy, but a blur came in and began pounding dozens of dents into the machine. Soon, Jesse had turned the drone into a chunk of scrap metal. He backed away, his knuckles bloody.

"Ouch! You ever punch a brick wall Tommy?"

"Lots of times."

"Yeah? Well this sucks ten times as much" Jesse shook his hands, as if he were trying to shake off the pain.

"Hey uh, use these" Tommy tossed him a pair of large brass knuckles from his utility belt.

"Aww, Sweet!" Jesse sprinted out and continued his super fast attack. And with his fist now protected he hit a lot harder. Tommy began dropping opponents with batarangs, and Quinton continued fighting with his apokolitian javelin.

But none of this compared to Dinah who was doing the most damage; she was tearing apart the army. It was obvious that over the course of the years since the invasion, she hadn't missed a beat. She was all over the place, slamming drones together, and dismantling them with her signature sonic scream. All of which hadn't gone unnoticed, Allie almost seemed like she had on eye on the enemy and one eye on her mom. She had always thought her mom was kindof lame, infact she often wondered how she had ended up with a hero like The Green Arrow as her husband. She could see now that she had it all wrong now. Her mom was The Black Canary, and she was awesome!

Quinton ran around in a distinct pattern confusing the drones an lining them up so that he could impale a number of them in a row. "I think we've just about got half of em'!"

"Half isn't nearly enough." Tommy shook his head. "We can't keep this up much longer."

"Damn right!" Deathstroke's voice called out, and suddenly a bullet bore into Tommy's shoulder.

"Ah!" Tommy cried, but refused to let himself scream. He fell to his knees, clutching his shoulder painfully.

"Oh boy, this brings me back to the good old days. You react to pain just like your father. As in, you barely react." Deathstroke raised stepped out into the open, a gun in his hand. "Of course that really takes the entertainment value out of it. But don't you worry I'll find a way to get a nice piercing shriek out of you."

Allie shot an arrow at him, but Deathstroke simply caught it in mid air. "Darling, did you really expect that to-" Suddenly the tip of the arrow exploded , blasting Deathstroke straight in the face.

"You were saying?" She smiled.

Deathstroke stood up slowly. "To hell with nostalgia." He pulled out a cylinder with a red button on the top, and pressed the button forcefully. Instantly, a series of bombs went off underneath the cave, and shook the mountain violently. Chunks of rock began to fall.

“What the hell!” Quinton shouted. "The whole place's coming down!" 

ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE PROPERTY OF DC COMICS

Please comment below and tell me what you think.

Earth In Chains 15 
Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#2  Edited By The Impersonator

Awesome! :D

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Project_Worm
@The Impersonator:  
Glad you liked it.  :o)
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By InnerVenom123

The big fight with Deathstroke. About as insanely badass as I expected it to be. ^___^ Great work.

Also, you keep hinting that Tommy is Batman's son. And it's driving me crazy. Who ELSE would name their kid Thomas?! >_> But then, I also think there's the random chance he could be Nightwing's kid, making the "Gray" in "Tommy Gray" actually "Thomas Grayson". But that's just me. =P

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Project_Worm
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Project_Worm: The fact that I like it is why I'm making theories.

Touche.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By batkevin74

@Project_Worm: Minor spelling mistake when you spelt baterang and then batarang (which I believe is the correct spelling). Love Tommy & Deathstroke knifing each other, very brutal.

@Project_Worm said:

Allie shot an arrow at him, but Deathstroke simply caught it in mid air. "Darling, did you really expect that to-" Suddenly the tip of the arrow exploded , blasting Deathstroke straight in the face.

"You were saying?" She smiled.

Deathstroke stood up slowly. "To hell with nostalgia." He pulled out a cylinder with a red button on the top, and pressed the button forcefully. Instantly, a series of bombs went off underneath the cave, and shook the mountain violently

Very Identity Crisis like this scene! Now back to Tommy's parentals: @InnerVenom123 said:

The big fight with Deathstroke. About as insanely badass as I expected it to be. ^___^ Great work.

Also, you keep hinting that Tommy is Batman's son. And it's driving me crazy. Who ELSE would name their kid Thomas?! >_> But then, I also think there's the random chance he could be Nightwing's kid, making the "Gray" in "Tommy Gray" actually "Thomas Grayson". But that's just me. =P

This has merit. But I think maybe its Damien Wayne's kid!

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Project_Worm

@batkevin74: Glad you liked it man.

Damien's kid? That's actually a really interesting choice... Of course. You will have to keep reading to find out!!

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

Great battle scene. I think he's definitely Nightwing's kid but I don't know who his mother would be.