Earth In Chains - Part 13

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Project_Worm

after an inexplicable disappearance of my last post I decided to put it up again, so here it is! ENJOY.  This Fan-Fic is rated T, also if you havent checked it out here is Earth In Chains - Part 12  If this is your first time reading E.I.C. go here>>> 1 

(Tommy's Room)

"I lasted about twenty minutes on the outside before my first near-death experience. I was saved by a girl named Flo, who I'm ninety-nine percent sure is insane. Then I stumbled across the Batcave and ran into Jesse West, the biggest idiot of all time. And in the end, I'm stuck right back here in this stupid cave. Dinah just doesn't understand. Nobody does. I can't take it here any longer. But I'm clearly not a pro outside the cave. So I don't know what to do. Maybe I should just stop caring about it, like I did pretty much everything else. I don't know what to do anymore. This is Tommy Gray, logging out on October 16th, 11:45 p.m." Tommy turned off the video journal and slid it back into his pocket.

He tried to add a new journal entry every day, but even he wasn't quite sure why. They were all pretty much the same. There were a series of loud crashes outside, interrupting Tommy's thoughts. "Ah! What now?" He walked irritably toward the door and practically ripped it open.

He saw Allie in the hall, and then he saw Jesse and Quinton beating the crap out of each other a few feet away.

"What's going on out here?"

"That stray jackass you brought home just disrespected Charles Dickens."

"I have no idea what that means." Tommy walked over to the fight and pried them apart. He then punched Jesse in the side of the head, and Quinton right in the jaw. "There. Now you're even, so shut the hell up."

"He started it." Jesse whined, rubbing the side of his head with one hand and pointing at Quinton with the other.

"Me? You're the one who barged into my room and started throwing crap!" Quinton protested.

"It's rightfully my room," Jesse pointed to himself with his thumb, "And I don't appreciate you polluting it with Charles Dickhead!"

"Charles Dickens!"

"I know what I said!"

The two began to fight again, and Tommy shoved them both to the floor. "Either shut up, or take it somewhere else." Tommy demanded, before turning and heading back for his room.

"That has got to be the most immature thing I have ever seen." Allie groaned.

"The lady's right, Q." Jesse stated. "So I'm going to be the man here, and let you have the room so that you don't throw another tantrum, ok?"

"Whatever." Quinton stormed back into the room and locked the door behind him.

"So…" Jesse zoomed over to Allie. "Since I have to change my sleeping arrangements, I'd like to request a bunk under you."

"In you're dreams, West." Allie laughed and began to walk away.

"What? No bunks? We can just sleep in the same bed then!" Jesse yelled.

"What?" Dinah's voice cut from behind. Jesse turned to see Dinah staring at him.

"Oh, um… nothing." Jesse said uncomfortably.

"Jesse, why don't you just sleep on the couch?"

Suddenly there was a massive rumbling, and the entire cave shook.

"What is it now?" Tommy burst out of his room angrily.

"Dude, that was not me." Jesse held up his hands in defense.

There was another violent surge, and things began to fall down all over.

"Earthquake?" Allie suggested.

"On a mountain in October? Not likely." Quinton said, stepping back out into the hallway.

Once the tremor stopped, everyone headed out into the lobby area, where there was one last quake. And then there was an explosion from the floor, and an Apokoliptian army began to march out, led by Deathstroke!

"What the…" Tommy stuttered.

"Everyone, hide. Now." Dinah commanded.

"Not my style." Tommy stepped forward with his knife drawn.

"You must be the brat Darkseid warned about. Huh, you sure don't look like much." Deathstroke said, completely, almost scarily calm. "And Black Canary, what a surprise. I thought you'd gone and died with the rest of the League. Green Arrow said you'd find a way to survive… right before I killed him."

"Go to hell." Dinah's eyes narrowed.

"Mom, who is this guy?" Allie asked.

"He was an assassin who the League clashed with quite a few times. He sided with Apokolips during the invasion, and was made head of their Tracking Corps."

"Yup, my dream job. I get to hunt down and slaughter anybody who pisses of Darkseid, and that is one long hit list." Deathstroke pulled an AK47 off of the sling on his back. "Kill them all!" He ordered his army of Parademons and Battle Drones.

A hail of bullets and laser fire immediately descended upon the group. They quickly overturned a heavy steel desk and took cover behind it.

"Where's Jesse?" Allie screamed, realizing he had disappeared.

"He probably took off again. Can't say I'm surprised." Tommy grumbled.

"Why aren't you freaking out? You do realize we're being shot at, right Tommy?" Allie screamed, shocked that he was so calm.

"It's not the first time today." He replied bluntly.

Suddenly there was the red and yellow blur of Jesse's sports jacket moving at super speed. Jesse slowed down and came into focus next to Tommy, holding a pillowcase.

"Where'd you go?" Allie asked.

"The armory upstairs. And I bring gifts." Jesse reached into the pillowcase and pulled out Green Arrow's bow, along with a quiver of arrows. He gave these items to Allie, then began fumbling in the pillowcase again, "Dinah, I know these weren't yours, but you could probably still use them." He handed Dinah two silver bracelets and a golden lasso, which had previously belonged to Wonder Woman.

"Thanks kid." Dinah said, sliding the bullet proof bracelets onto her wrists.

"Oh, and Tommy, I found something that works for you too." Jesse grinned. He reached into the bag and pulled out Wonder Woman's old costume.

"Hah-hah. That's very funny, especially considering we're in a life threatening situation here you idiot!" Tommy barked.

"I'm kidding, chill out man." Jesse pulled out Batman's utility belt. "This is for you."

Tommy eyed the belt disdainfully. "It's yellow. I hate yellow."

"Just put it on, will you? We're dealing with Darkseid's Tracking Corps, not the fashion police!" Jesse forced the belt into Tommy's hand.

"Don't I get anything?" Quinton asked from the other end of the desk.

"Hell no! If you die, I get the room!" Jesse reasoned.

"That is pathetic." Allie shot the speedster a glare.

Suddenly a javelin penetrated the desk, the blade sticking out right next to Tommy's head!

"We have to move." Tommy pulled two bat-grenades out of the utility belt and tossed them over the desk. There was a blast, and parademons shrieked. A large amount of the firing stopped for a moment. The group chose that moment to leap out and attack.

Allie immediately fired out a barrage of arrows, with pinpoint accuracy. She destroyed a drone or killed a parademon with each shot. At one point a group of drones got dangerously close to her. She released a sonic scream that blasted them apart. She got dizzy and stumbled after that, but was caught by Jesse.

"I got you beautiful." He said.

"Thanks. It takes a lot out of me to use my sonic scream."

"I can tell. You dropped like a rock after you did it." He grinned.

"Jesse, you can let go of me now."

"Right." He zoomed back into the fight, moving too fast for the eye to see, dropping parademons like flies. Jesse could land around a billion hits in a split second, pretty much turning them into pudding.

At one point a drone nearly impaled him with a wrist-blade, when an energy blast ripped out and blew its head off. Jesse turned to see Quinton holding a laser javelin that he had apparently stolen from a parademon.

"Whoa… thanks." Jesse huffed.

"I didn't do it to save you. I did it to test this baby out." Quinton said as he impaled another drone with the javelin.

There was another sonic scream, this one more powerful than Allie's, and several parademons exploded into globs of blood. Jesse looked to see Dinah, beating the crap out of Deathstroke's army.

"Wow, hot." Jesse uttered, and Allie elbowed him hard in the ribs.

"Hey, what happened to Mr. Sunshine?" She asked, realizing that Tommy was nowhere in sight.

"Deathstroke is gone too." Quinton pointed out.

"Oh no."

ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE PROPERTY OF DC COMICS

Please comment below and tell me what you think.

Earth in Chains 14 
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By InnerVenom123

I've read this one before.

Jesse's still a giant jerk. =P

And I still love the series!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#3  Edited By The Impersonator

Like.....again. =P

I noticed your post has disappeared like yesterday. Wasn't it? Yeah, I was wondering about that. It must be some kind of a debug, I guess.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By batkevin74

@Project_Worm said:

"That stray jackass you brought home just disrespected Charles Dickens."

Tommy walked over to the fight and pried them apart. He then punched Jesse in the side of the head, and Quinton right in the jaw. "There. Now you're even, so shut the hell up."

Fighting over Dickens! That's genuinely funny. Now Tommy has a utility belt: So his father was Nightwing and his mother was Donna Troy! Actually I may have guessed that combo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

@Project_Worm: I was going to read this

but then we exchanged words.

Now I won't.

:P

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Project_Worm

@primepower53: Whatever Prime... you don't deserve having my words grace your eyes... plus only a simpleton like yourself would start a story in the middle...

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

I liked this chapter but I kinda wish you would've had Deathstroke do cooler things in the fight. The part where Dinah exploded the parademons with her voice was pretty cool though.

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: Don't you worry there will be plenty more Deathstroke soon. *wink wink*