Earth In Chains - Part 1

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Project_Worm

In this story I will venture to the vast unknown that is the future.. Umm hope you like it. This Fan-Fic is rated T

"You know, it used to be simple. There was good and there and was evil, and good always won and people were happy. That was all in the past though, happiness doesn't even exist anymore. Apokolips butchered all the heroes and took that away. And as a result, I've now had to spend sixteen years rotting in this hellhole! Yeah, today is my sixteenth birthday. And I swear, if I have to spend one more day in this damn cave, I am going to dig my own eyes out with a fork! This is Tommy Gray, signing out on October 15th, year… who the hell cares?"

"Another bright and cheery journal entry from you, Tommy?" A girl joked, hanging upside down off the foot of her bed. The girl was Allie Queen, daughter of Black Canary and Green Arrow.

"I'm not in the mood Allie." Tommy warned, standing up and cracking his neck.

"You know, you really are a poet, Tommy. I especially liked the part where you talked about digging your own eyes out with a fork. Very colorful choice of words." Allie continued, flipping over to sit up on the bed. Allie was the kind of girl who could sarcasm you to death, and she took great pleasure in the act. She was two months younger than Tommy, so she was still fifteen. She had perfect, golden hair and emerald green eyes, not to mention the warmest smile you'll ever see.

She was like the complete opposite of Tommy Gray. He was tall and lean, but with a good build. His hair was black and moved halfway down his neck, while his bangs were kept level with his eyes, which were a dark brown, and shone with a fiery hatred for just about everything around him. He didn't know who his parents were, but he had tried countless times to find out from Dinah, the last living hero.

Dinah, a.k.a. Black Canary and also Allie's mother, had been the only hero to survive Apokolips' attack on Earth fourteen years ago. She made a hideout in the Justice Cave, below Mt. Justice, one of the few places that Apokoliptian forces never discovered. She had raised her daughter Allie in secrecy, as well as Tommy, whom she treated like a son. But she would never tell Tommy who his parents were, something that he had never let go of.

"You're even grumpier than normal today Tommy." Allie remarked, standing up and stretching her arms. "Cheer up man, it's your birthday."

"I said I'm not in the mood, ok?" Tommy snapped.

"Geesh, what crawled up your ass this morning?" She muttered.

"I'm just sick of this."

"Sick of what?"

"I don't know… life, I guess." Tommy said, an absent look in his eyes. "This life. Every single day, it's the same here. Nothing ever changes."

"Well what else are we supposed to do? This is the only safe place on Earth."

"Then I think I'd rather go outside and take my chances."

"Fine by me." A third voice said, startling them both. Tommy looked over and saw Quinton was in the room. Quinton is the son of The Question and Huntress, and the third member of their "family," as Dinah called it.

Huntress had been Dinah's best friend, almost like a sister. So Dinah considered Quinton her nephew. Quinton was eighteen, two years older than Tommy. Apparently his parents had been some of the first to die in the invasion. Question had actually infiltrated Darkseid's ranks, but was caught tampering with weapons and was executed on the first day of the invasion. Huntress had then exploded with rage, and went off on her own to try and take revenge. Rumor has it that she killed almost a million Parademons that night before she was taken out by Darkseid himself.

So Quinton had been left in Dinah's custody at the age of four, and like Tommy and Allie, had pretty much grown up in the Justice Cave. But the other two rarely ever interacted with Quinton, because he was always secluding himself. He seemed to go out of his way to avoid human interaction, and would occasionally disappear for days at a time. And now there he sat, reading a book he had picked up in the cave library.

Tommy ripped the book out of Quinton's hands and tossed it on the floor. "Hey! What the hell are you doing? Just because you're in a bad mood doesn't mean you have to-"

"Shut up Quinton." Tommy barked.

"How about showing a little respect? After all, I'm a full two years older than you are and-"

"So you've wasted two more years than I have. Congratulations." Tommy stormed walked toward the door.

"Tommy-" Allie started.

"Don't talk to me!" He cut her off and stormed out of the room.

"What's his problem?" Quinton shook his head and picked up the book again. His blonde hair completely contradicted with his dark blue, almost purple eyes.

"Don't take it personally Q." Allie patted him on the shoulder. "Tommy feels things differently than we do."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Well, you and I are content down here because we have everything we need. A library, a gym, old movies and stuff, plenty of food… everything we need. But Tommy… he doesn't have what he needs down here."

"What more could he need? Human beings only require a few basic necessities, food, water, that sort of thing. Although I do have my doubts that Tommy is really human…"

"That's not what I mean, Q. Tommy needs to feel like he has a purpose. He wants a reason to be alive, you know? And down here, he doesn't feel that. Because we've spent our entire lives just hiding… and he really can't stand it."

"I don't get it." Quinton shrugged/

"Q, you really are a lost cause." Allie laughed. "Still, I hate to see him like this. I'm afraid he's going to do something stupid." Allie walked to the other end of the room and back, thinking. Then a bright look crossed over her face and she smiled.

"Uh oh…" Quinton groaned. "I know that look. What is it this time?"

"Q, do you think you can my mom distracted for a while? Like, just for an hour or so?"

"Sure. Why?"

"I have an idea to cheer Tommy up."

"Hah! cheer him up.. Good luck. The guy's been in a perpetual bad mood for sixteen years."

"Just keep my mom busy for a while, ok?"

"Whatever, I suppose I don't have anything better to do."  

ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE PROPERTY OF DC COMICS

Please comment below and tell me what you think. 

Here is  Earth In Chains - Part 2
sentryssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By sentryssj4

Read this a couple days ago but couldnt get to a pc till now... but anyways good show boy good show!!

KisserNe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By KisserNe

Wow, so far I really like this!

It's only the first part and I am feeling enthralled!

-sprints to part 2-

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By InnerVenom123

I love this idea! Good start, too.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#5  Edited By The Impersonator

I'm so chained by this chapter. Nice job by the way. :P

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#6  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Future time lines rule, theres a lot to get through here but I will do it. Awesome. 

Wonderboy52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Wonderboy52

Your great with details and imagery it was a joy to read, and I'm glad that you made apparent that this is the the future of the DC world. It's gives you a lot of creative freedom. The characters seem a little young but age doesn't really matter. Awesome story.

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Project_Worm
@Wonderboy52:  
Glad you liked it! I chose teens because... well the story really wouldn't work if they were older(plus they are easier for me to write;p).
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By batkevin74

@Project_Worm said:

"You know, it used to be simple. There was good and there and was evil, and good always won and people were happy. T

Nice begining! Just an extra AND in the first sentence but I like the Earth in Chains. Tommy Gray...my guess he's the son of Big Barda and Batman :P The quote below is my favourite of this chapter...I'd actually like to see a p!$$^d Helena pumping crossbow bolts into Darkseid!

Huntress had then exploded with rage, and went off on her own to try and take revenge. Rumor has it that she killed almost a million Parademons that night before she was taken out by Darkseid himself.

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Project_Worm

@batkevin74: Quite an original guess you got there, specially since it was made on part 1. Glad you liked it :D

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By batkevin74

Hey have you read this? Just a casual spruiking for a good ongoing series that deserves some more readings. Have a read, it's really good work by @Project_Worm:

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#12  Edited By TheCannon

Thanks for showing me this.

Nice work.

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Project_Worm

@TheCannon: Thanks.

@batkevin74: I appreciate the recommendation kev.

csguterres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By csguterres

@batkevin74: Thanks for the tip!

@Project_Worm: It's very good! Congratulations!

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

Son of the Huntress and the Question, the daughter of Black Canary & Green Arrow and is Tommy the son of Batman, I presume; that or Dick Grayson (his surname is Gray after all). I do like the line "He's been in a perpetual bad mood for sixteen years" sounds like my little brother :) Good work Project_Worm

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

Bumped because it is very good work, have YOU read this? Have you? Well get to it....:)

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Project_Worm

@4donkeyjohnson: Thank you, very much appreciate it.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

Yes bump!

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#19  Edited By dngn4774

I knew the concept was a good idea when I shouted in my head "DAMN! Why didn't I think of that?"

I also loved the dynamic between your OC's. I try to read and comment more on this series when I have the time.

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Project_Worm

@dngn4774: Glad you liked it man. Any and all criticism is welcome!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By batkevin74

@Project_Worm:

No Caption Provided

Now let's suggest this to some peeps! and let's see and take at look at this. It's quite entertaining.

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Really good man, really good.

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Project_Worm

@batkevin74: Thanks amigo.

@knightofthechronicle: Appreciated, there's much more where that came from... ;D

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By tomdickharry1984
Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@project_worm: Bump

Ladies & Gents, if you're looking for something to read, start here! You won't regret it!

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Project_Worm
4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bumped :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Wow, this takes me back. I had honestly forgotten about this... Almost makes me want to try it again

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#32 cbishop  Online
silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why Master Batkevin, Do or do not, there is no try, and I say, you do!

*ignites lightsaber*

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers