Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By JamesKM716

DC Re-Imagined:

Green Arrow #1

-Twenty Years Later

Oliver Queen peered out the window of the jet he was on. Beijing was beautiful this time of year; snow falling atop the skyscrapers, and small snowflakes coursing through the air. This was it, his chance to truly become one of the Arrows.

Mentor Sasuke had spent the last twenty years training him for this. All Oliver had to do was infiltrate Triarchus Tower, reach The Orbital, and terminate Miro Xali, the corrupt Tycoon who’d caused the deaths of thousands. His business practices literally starving Kazikstan to death. He deserved to die.

“Get ready Oliver.” Sasuke, shouted. “The drop is coming up.”

“Yes Mentor.” Oliver replied, walking to the armory on the side of the jet, and acquiring a gray bow, thirty arrows sealed in a quiver, and other equipment.

He’d never told anyone, but he remembered his name. He’d feared Mentor Sasuke would rebuke him. The Mentor always taught that the Arrows shouldn’t have a sense of identity. They were a clan that devoted themselves entirely to their work. No target had ever survived. No target would.

Oliver leapt out of the jet, unleashing his wing-suit and gliding down towards Triarcus Tower. It was heavily guarded, but not a problem for Oliver, or any Arrow. Oliver glided below a nearby balcony, and then launched a rope-arrow to the bottom of the balcony, then chaining the rope to his belt. Oliver planted himself there, one hand on the building, and pressing himself against. With his free hand Oliver reached into his jacket and grabbed his thermal goggles.

The trainee looked up, and saw the thermal outline of a few guards. One of whom, was atop the balcony. If not for Oliver’s grey suit, he would have almost definitely been seen. That guard would have to die.

Though he was no Red Arrow, Oliver knew it was necessary. Oliver considered the alternative, sneaking behind the guard and knocking him out, but that was far too risky. Oliver knew that even the Green Arrows had to kill sometimes.

It pained Oliver somewhat, after all, the guard almost definitely wasn’t evil, but he served an evil one. Oliver notched an arrow with his teeth, and then leaned out of the balcony. Quickly the archer launched the arrow, quickly penetrating the guard’s head and causing him to fall forward. With his free hand, Oliver narrowly managed to catch the guard by his belt, though he nearly fell due to the guy’s weight.

“How can a guard be so fat?” Oliver questioned.

Quickly the archer attached the corpse to the rope in order to avoid suspicion. Blood might drizzle down, but people would assume that’s rain drops, nothing more.

Oliver unhooked himself from the rope-arrow, and then climbed up onto the balcony. There was a man down the hall, his back facing Oliver. Quietly, the archer stalked down to the second guard and smashed his elbow into the guards’ temple, instantly knocking him out.

Oliver glanced down the hall, the elevators weren’t that badly guarded, just two guards. Slipping into his quiver, the Archer grabbed an arrow tip that had a smoke cloud, and attached it to an arrow. Oliver slid to the corner of the wall, and then quickly fired the arrow, causing a concentrated burst of smoke, launching the two guards back.

Oliver rushed forward, kicking the first guard in the head, and then throwing the man’s head to the ground, smashing it painfully against the ground. Oliver rolled forward into the second guard, knocking him back into the wall. With a hurried blow, Oliver plunged his gauntlets into the man’s stomach, forcing the guard to vomit. The Archer followed it up by slamming his elbow into the guard’s head, knocking him out cold.

Opening the elevator shaft took little time, and quickly Oliver leapt onto wall there. Slowly, Oliver climbed up the shaft, carefully avoiding the pitfalls. Oliver reached up and slipped his hands between the elevator doors and used that to pull himself up, narrowly making it up. Eventually reaching the top, Oliver pushed the door open and slipped inside. Once again two guards were watching, but Oliver dealt with them quickly; slamming their heads together and tossing them into the elevator shaft.

They smashed into the top of the elevator, but the fall wasn’t enough to kill them. Oliver had made sure of that. The Archer sprinted forward, and to the stairs that lead to the Orbital Room.

The Orbital Room was a glass ball that showed the rest of Triarchus Tower, It was absolutely beautiful. Miro Xali stood at a desk, watching a screen, his eyes completely away from Oliver.

Oliver held his breath and let his instincts take hold. He notched the arrow, let out a quick breath and fired the arrow.

It zoomed through the air, striking Xali in the back of his head, killing him instantly.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By TommytheHitman

Yep still awesome. I don't know why but I like this Oliver more then the Oliver Queen in Arrow!

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By FalconPuuunch

Wow. Really love what you are doing with Green Arrow. He's a complete badass now.

ekrolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ekrolo

Just as awesome as I expected it to be, I just wish Oliver call him Sensei instead of Mentor but thats just a nit pick, also did you name the guy after Sasuke from Naruto or from Jap history?

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JamesKM716

@FalconPuuunch: Thanks, I appreciate it. Any critscm?

@TommytheHitman: Can you tell me how exactly? Hopefully I can replicate this later on.

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By FalconPuuunch

@JamesKM716: Everything seems good to me. I really like it.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TommytheHitman

@JamesKM716: I like how he actually hesitates before killing people and throws in some humour “How can a guard be so fat?”

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JamesKM716

@FalconPuuunch: Thanks :)

@TommytheHitman: Well thanks; I thought it'd be a good idea to throw in some humor.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JamesKM716

@ekrolo said:

Just as awesome as I expected it to be, I just wish Oliver call him Sensei instead of Mentor but thats just a nit pick, also did you name the guy after Sasuke from Naruto or from Jap history?

Oh that woulda been smart! Thanks for the suggestion.

And well, from Naruto, but I thought it worked well enough either way.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TommytheHitman

@JamesKM716: Yeah just because he's an assassin who's been trained to kill since he was like 3 years old doesn't mean he can't question the weight of a person he just killed!

GR2Blackout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 63

#11  Edited By GR2Blackout

Awesome! I don't really read too much GA comics or watch Arrow too much, so I'm not exactly familiar with the character, but this... this is amazing!

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JamesKM716

@GR2Blackout: Glad you liked it.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By TDK_1997

I like waht you are doing with Oliver here.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@ekrolo said:

Those parts annoyed me but I love how JamesKM716 brought up Red Arrow and the contrast in their ways of handling targets.