DC Mayhem Presents: House of Mystery #3

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

Continued from: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/dc-mayhem-presents-ravan-1/697294/#26 and http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/dc-mayhem-presents-house-of-mystery-2/698063/#3 and more DC Mayhem stories are to be found : http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/dc-mayhem-library/697009/#20

23 December 2010, Suicide Slums, Metropolis

Ravan looked at the five black youths blocking the alleyway. Two had knives, one a pipe, the other had a bulge that was either a Browning or Colt; Ravan couldn’t tell due to the folds of the sweatshirt.

“Maybe it’s because I’ve spent most of my life travelling the world learning how to kill things,” said Ravan dropping his duffel bag at his feet “But I honestly have no idea what you said?”

“Fool you be trippin’!” laughed the apparent leader “Dem fresh kicks and the bag or we pop yur mocha ace!” The group responded in peals of laughter and high-fives.

“You want my bag?”

“You know it aight!”

“Well,” Ravan kicked it behind him and shifted his weight evenly “If you want what is mine, come and get it”

“Ches’ gonna ice this wack mofo!” said the end youth, ripping up his shirt exposing the weapon “Check it!”

Ravan flung his kirpan, the blade sinking into the man’s sternum with a loud chock. The other four looked on as their friend fell to the floor. Ravan moved up on them before they could react

“Five thousand years O Kali!” prayed Ravan as he unleashed upon them.

Ace O’ Clubs Bar, Suicide Slums, Metropolis

Ravan walked into the dingy bar to be greeted by an off-white mongrel dog lay on the bar. The half-hearted growl was appeased when Ravan scratched behind its ears much to the mutts delight.

No Caption Provided

“Whadda you want kid?” said the man behind the bar in the apron and hat. Ravan could tell by the man’s ears, nose and knuckles that he use to be a boxer.

“Information and a place to rent” said Ravan as he extended his hand and then pulled it back.

“You bleedin’ kid?”

Ravan looked down at the fresh smear on his wrist “It’s not mine, but I may require a washroom”

“End o’ the bar”

“So what else can he do Mr Bibbowski?” said Ravan sipping on his tea

“Jeez kid!” he groaned “It’s Bibbo! Call me mister again” He shook a large fist in Ravan’s face.

Ravan smiled “You were saying…”

“Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive” said Bibbo “He’s well, super! Keeps Metropolis safe”

“Super? Can you elaborate?”

“Super! Can’t you get it through your head kid, SUPER!” roared Bibbo “Super eyes, ears, he can fly, shoot beams from his eyes, bend steel like paper. He’s super for cryin’ out loud!”

Ravan get all riled up about his “fav’rit” and placed four one hundred dollar bills on the bar “You have been most helpful Bibbo, thank you for the chat. Is there a market or shopping centre nearby?”

“At ten o’clock in this neighbourhood,” Bibbo laughed “S’long walk but down by harbour. Safer to leave it til morning”

Ravan scratched the dog’s belly “From what you’ve told me, if I run into trouble he’ll come to my rescue”

“I shut at one!” said Bibbo “You ain’t back, you sleep outside”

24 December 2010, LexMart Mega Store, Metropolis

No Caption Provided

Ravan stood in line at the checkout as he looked over his trolley full of stuff. He smiled at the oddly cheery music piping through the store. The music masked the chaos of Christmas Eve. Slowly he moved to third in line when he noticed a poster on the community board. It was a flyer for a band amongst all the others, but it had the tell-tale signs. It was an invite to a Kobra meeting.

“Unbelievable” growled Ravan

St David’s Catholic Church, Metropolis

“One cannot serve two masters,” said the priest on the other side of the confessional “Either you will love one and hate the other”

“So my love and my god cannot be reconciled?” said Ravan as he adjusted the seat.

“I do not understand your question?”

“Thank you for your time father” said Ravan “I was merely curious if your god and way of life had an answer to my predicament” Ravan opened the confessional door “I thank you for your time but ultimately your religion is wrong. May Kali smile upon you father”

Dar al-Amn Mosque, Metropolis

Ravan collected his shoes as he and the Mufti walked to the exit.

“I thank you for your time” said Ravan “But it seems once again there are no answers in Islam either to my predicament”

“Be content with what Allah has given you” said the Mufti

“May Kali smile upon you” said Ravan bowing graciously

The Greater Metropolis Synagogue, Metropolis

“You are busy this time of year, for not believing in Jesus” said Ravan politely as he walked around the building.

A slight scowl crossed the Rabbi’s face “We welcome all”

“This is a beautiful structure” exclaimed Ravan changing the subject.

“Built in 1802…” the rabbi began his lecture as Ravan focused his attentions on other things, nodding politely at the right spots.

Ace O’ Clubs Bar, Suicide Slums, Metropolis

“Get all o’ your shopping done” asked Bibbo as he cleaned down the bar with a rag that had seen better days.

“Presents bought, wrapped and delivered” said Ravan patting the dog, who was nestled comfortably in his lap “I just have to attend a service…”

“Didn’t pick you for a catholic” said Bibbo

“I am a thuggee”

“You aint no thug kid. I met thugs, knock’d most of’m out”

Ravan smiled “No Bibbo, a thuggee, a worshipper of the goddess Kali”

“Well ain’t that just great” grunted Bibbo

25 th December 12.03am, Metropolis State University, Metropolis

Ravan walked into the gymnasium that the band had rented. In total there were nineteen people there, of which Ravan picked fifteen were Kobra, the others drunk students and at least one person who actually thought this was an album launch.

“Thisssss is disssapointing” said the group leader as he nodded to a subordinate to lock the door “But this will please Lord Naga-Naga”

“Who?” said one of the drunks,

“Oh, you’ll meet him” grinned the leader as he pulled a machete from his jacket “Sssssoon enough”

“Dude that’s wicked!” laughed another drunks

The Kobra’s circled the five, each brandishing a machete.

“I thought this was an album launch!?!” asked a terrified young man

“Your deathsssss will help usher in the Kali Yuga” hissed the leader as the others began chanting softly Kali Yuga. Ravan watched the group carefully, slowly slipping his kirpan into his palm.

No Caption Provided

“Place your weapons on the ground!” said a stern commanding voice. Everyone looked about for the source when a muscular man in blue, with a red cape floated down through the open skylight above them.

“Don’t make me ask twice”

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

{“Thank you for your time father” said Ravan “I was merely curious if your god and way of life had an answer to my predicament” Ravan opened the confessional door “I thank you for your time but ultimately your religion is wrong. May Kali smile upon you father”} Such a polite young man...who kills people :) Good work, Ravan seems to be coming along quite nicely

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#3  Edited By Joygirl

This is turning out really nicely, curious to see where it goes in only a single issue more.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#4  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

Huzzah! I'm caught up!

look forward to the next one...

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By batkevin74

@4donkeyjohnson: Yeah he's pretty cool

@Joygirl: Big finish coming up, hope I land the dismount :)

@The Poet: Ravan Vs Superman will hopefully impress

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

One more issue left? Huh? What? Please explain @batkevin74 and @Joygirl ??????

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#7  Edited By Joygirl

@4donkeyjohnson: House of Mystery is being currently written as a 3-5 issue trial arc before BatKevin is inducted into DC Mayhem officially. He has opted for four issues to wrap up this story before moving onto a legitimate title.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

@Joygirl ahhh I see :) Very good, carry on

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By feebadger

@4donkeyjohnson: House Of Mystery #5 will be a new story by moi featuring Swamp Thing (and i'm loving this arc of House Of Mystery !)

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

@feebadger Cool, I have always liked Swamp Thing in a superhero peripheral context. I remember a comic where he basically took over Gotham City with plants because Batman and Jim Gordon had arrested his friend and the whole city turned into a jungle. I look forward to continuing reading of House of Mystery (insert spooky music)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By batkevin74

@Joygirl said:

@4donkeyjohnson: House of Mystery is being currently written as a 3-5 issue trial arc before BatKevin is inducted into DC Mayhem officially. He has opted for four issues to wrap up this story before moving onto a legitimate title.

I may of made the team :) Yay!

@feebadger: Cool, part 4 up this week so you can start Swampy

@4donkeyjohnson: Batman Vs Swamp Thing you say? I remember that Swamp Thing helped Killer Croc but not a versus Batman...I'll look into that

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By feebadger

@4donkeyjohnson: @batkevin74: It was Swamp Thing #53 where Batman and Swamp Thing threw down i think. It was during Alan Moore's run bu there was another one later, an annual where they meet again. Can't remember which one that was now. Anyhoo, my take on Swamp Thing, initially anyway is probably going to be pretty far from superheroes. Definitely on the periphery.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

@feebadger Thank you, I look forward to perusing your thing...that sounds wrong :)

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By feebadger

@4donkeyjohnson: hehe. Yes, you can peruse my swamp thing once it's up (now it sounds even worse so you don't have to feel bad ;P)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By batkevin74

@feebadger: Cool, I will have HOM up soon...I hope

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By batkevin74
No Caption Provided
wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#17  Edited By wildvine

@batkevin74 said:

Ravan get all riled up about his “fav’rit” and placed four one hundred dollar bills on the bar

This is probably just me, but i can't make heads or tails of this statement.

No Caption Provided

“Place your weapons on the ground!” said a stern commanding voice. Everyone looked about for the source when a muscular man in blue, with a red cape floated down through the open skylight above them.

“Don’t make me ask twice”

This was an ending after my own heart. Love a good leave off.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By batkevin74

@wildvine: I left out a word, and put a wrong letter; hence the reason it made no sense. It should read "Ravan got Bibbo all riled up about his "fav'rit" and placed four one hundred dollar bills on the bar.

Thanks for the read

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

I was reading the last bit with Bibbo, when I realized this fan-fic version felt like the real deal. I can't deny it - you've got skills. Very nice stuff.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop said:

I was reading the last bit with Bibbo, when I realized this fan-fic version felt like the real deal. I can't deny it - you've got skills. Very nice stuff.

Thanks, you make me blush

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers