Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

Part Two:

From the Journal of Jonathan Kent

Entry #1:

A couple of days ago, me and Martha found a child inside a rocket! I couldn’t believe it! I told the hospital we gave birth to him on our own but we needed the papers. They obliged, albeit with some persuading…

But that wasn’t the unusual part; the unusual part was that this BABY was able to crush my shotgun like it was tin foil! I decided to keep a journal so I wouldn’t go forgetting these things when I’m an old man, so now all that’s left is to wait and see…

Entry #2:

It’s been a few years since I wrote in this, (I had almost forgotten I made this) but as soon as Clark’s new powers emerged (We named the boy Clark after Martha’s maiden name.) I came home from work today to find Clark on the rooftop! I was panicked since he had never displayed his powers in a while, so naturally when I asked him how in blazes he got up there I was shocked when he replied that he flew! He even demonstrated, zipping around the sky like a bird (actually it was more like a plane). He told me later today that he’s had several powers for a while, but wanted to keep them a secret. Naturally, I asked him what powers he had. He told me he could shoot flames from his eyes (Called it “heat vision”) he could see through walls, except he told me those powers went on and off for some reason, and he could see beyond the farthest horizon. He told me his strength increased with age to the point where he couldn’t be hurt! I asked him why he wanted to keep it a secret and he told me he didn’t like being different. I took him and looked him in the eyes and said “Boy, we may think we’re not, but everyone on this planet is different from each other. To heck with being made fun of, embrace your difference! Show the world how different you are! It’s a part of you, Clark, and it’s a part of you that you should embrace.” I’m beginning to believe we’ve adopted the most powerful being on the planet!

Entry #3:

It’s been a few years again, but more of Clark’s powers are finally emerging. I was beginning to think Clark’s powers had stopped altogether, but when we were working on the field (his powers are a great help for the harvest!) we saw the train coming. He told me that he wanted to show me a new power he found, and to my surprise, he outraced the train to its destination, memorized what everything looked like, and came back and described it all in a matter of seconds! Martha joked he was faster than a speeding bullet! You ask me that sounds kind of corny…

Entry #4:

Clark’s eighteen now, and he’s spent a lot of time with his friends Pete Ross and Lana Lang…he told me a few weeks ago that his powers have stopped emerging. I asked him how and he told me he just…knew…it was a feeling. I don’t know why, but growing up with him, I’ve learned to trust this boy through thick and thin. He CAN’T tell a lie. So after a few weeks of pondering I’ve finally decided to tell him where he comes from. It’s time I showed him that crystal we found in his rocket….

DC Genesis: Superman Part Three

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#1  Edited By RazzaTazz

Good change of point of view

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump!

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By CapFanboy

@primepower53: nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RazzaTazz: @CapFanboy: thanks, guys!

New chapter will be out once approvals are given!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By batkevin74

I like the first chapter...not too fussed on the journals of Johnathon Kent, it's good though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74 said:

I like the first chapter...not too fussed on the journals of Johnathon Kent, it's good though.

yeah I needed a way to introduce his powers and this was the best way I could think of...

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By batkevin74

It works though, it does the job...I honestly have no suggestion otherwise except the long version of decribing how he got his powers over the course of his life. It works :)