Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#1  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
No Caption Provided

"Your just a cheap, flashy, little crook Mr Constantine" 

"Listen love, you asked for a service so I provided one" 

"WHAT?! you caused the problem in the first place" 

"I'm not some cowboy like  Derek Acorah, you should know that before trying to rip me off" 

"Don't expect a check in the post but you should be expecting a letter from my lawyer" 

"HA, I don't think me causing the haunting of your house will stand up in court love, anyway I got rid of the thing didn't I?"  

"........." 

That look right there, that makes it all worth it.  

The snobby old cow stamps her feet as she slams the door behind her. Ok it might not have been the smartest of ideas blackmailing my landlady in to lowering the rent with a haunting but I'm John Constantine and I do stupid in style, and anyway the old bint deserved it..

Dust sent up by the door slamming glitters in the morning sun as it streams though the shabby little windows, it might not be Pinkerton but at least I can keep the place for a bit longer now. Looking around, the place looks more like a Brick-A-Brack than a Occult Detective Agency. Grimoires and books of magic line the old wooden shelves that surround the room, while the chests and cupboards are filled with some of the most powerful artefacts in the British Isles. 

I open the the drawer to my desk and reach down for probably the most important object in the joint, 25 year old Glendronac
h whisky, I take out the used glass and pour a dram. 

"Here's to you Mrs. McGaw, take it on the chin love" I say to my self then take a sip. Bliss. 

"Hellblazer Investigations, sounds little theatrical does it not?" 

I freeze at the sound of the voice, I'v never heard it before yet it sounds familiar, looking up I see it had originated from a tall dark haired woman in red.  

She had that look about her that can only be described as refined, long onyx hair cascaded down her back all most reaching her waist, long alabaster leg's reached up to the hem of her black skirt. She had one hand in the pocket of her red coat while the other was brushing hair from her eyes. Shadows fell across her face only revealing a set of red pouting lips. I knew straight away this woman was trouble.

"You must be the infamous John Constantine?" 

Hint of Irish in her accent? 

"Guilty, and that would make you?" 

Stepping forward she extended her hand and I noticed the ring, her eyes where deep green and that smell, lavender? no something else. 

"My names Kitrianna Dove, I was hoping you could help me with something" 

"How can I help love?" 

"I need you to help me investigate a death, a murder to be exact" 

"That's a job for the old bill, you might want to check in with them first" 

"Mr. Constantine I was told to ask for you specifically by my brother" 

"Your brother?" 

"Tom Judge" 

No Caption Provided
Tom Judge, now that's a blast from the past, old drinking buddy of mine, spent most of his time rolling about the floor of the dodgiest pubs in Belfast usually with a black eye and a burst lip to boot. An occasional dabbler in the so called black arts me and TJ ran in the same circles, until we had a drunken brawl in the middle of Victoria Square. We had been mates ever since. He's the craziest priest I'v ever met. 

"Jesus, what's Tom got him self in to now?" 

A look flickered across her face to quick for me to catch it, since she stepped foot in to my office she'd had a poker face on and I usually pride my self on reading others, it comes useful in my line of work. 

"
Four days ago Tom's body was found in the basement of his house, it looked like he had been some sacrifice, he was found in the centre of a pentagram that was drawn on the floor with his wrists slit. The police wrote it off as a suicide." 

Bloody hell, Tom. 

"
What makes you think it wasn't?" 

"
Oh he did kill him self Mr. Constantine, but something made him do it and I want to know what" 

She handed over a small folded piece of paper, it was thin like parchment and when I looked at it more closely I noticed writing. It was a page from the bible. After opening it there was more writing, but this was different it was scrawled in red ink that was without a doubt Tom hand writing was:  

I made a deal and I aim to collect, John you old conman you can bring it back, go to the green they will help but what ever you do don't trust h...  

The bottom of the page had been ripped off cutting the message short. Christ Tom what the hell have you done. There was something not right about any of this. I didn't trust this woman, I'v seen plenty of her type in my day, she's dangerous a player though and though and what ever jobs this is is not going to end happy but Toms a mate and I owe him big. Her sent was drifting all a rounded me, it smelled like passion and thunder. 

"Ok I'll do it" 

Bugger.   

moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By moviegeek17

great start man, i love me some noir with my stories! keep it up!

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Project_Worm

REAL good bro I cant wait to see what you do with this.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@moviegeek17: Thanks so much, my first thought was 'I'm going to make Constantine noir' so am glad that showed. 

@Project_Worm said:

REAL good bro I cant wait to see what you do with this.

Stay tuned lol 
KisserNe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By KisserNe

AWESOME! I am sprinting to number 2!

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points