CRANK: Doctor Mute #3

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Paris

Jean Phillipe took a long, deep breath as she leaped from the rooftop of the American Embassy. As she plummeted towards the streets below, black hair flowing into her eyes, several dark, black shapes burst from the rooftop above her and lunged down after her.

"Oh god."

She landed expertly atop a street lamp before quickly dropping down to the ground, her light brown satchel hanging tightly around her arm as she quickly stood to her feet. Today... was her 17th birthday... and it wasn't going as she'd planned. Quickly she adjusted the goggles lying uncomfortably on her head and turned to run down the street, only for four black shapes to slam into the ground before her. They were large, black and crouched on all fours... like some type of dog. Each had dozens of human eyes sticking from their backs... and all of them seemed to be staring directly at Jean's small frame.

"KILLZZ HERRR!!!!" One of the shapes (presumably the creatures' alpha) screeched. "TEARRR HEEARRR IN TWOOOO!!!"

"Yeah..." Jean pulled her jacket's hood over her head. "Good luck with that." She muttered before whispering a phrase in latin under her breath. Almost immediately Jean's eyes turned bright yellow. She quickly dropped the satchel to the ground in order to prevent it from being damaged by her transformation... and quickly began to feel her body start to transform into something much more terrifying. "You made a mistake coming after me!" The teen werewolf yelled as fur began to sprout from her back. Claws tore from her hands... and as she lunged towards the creatures who were probably reconsidering their life choices she couldn't help but wonder if her transformation was similarly tearing apart at her humanity.

When Jean opened her eyes again all her opponents had been torn to shreds. The mystical energies that had made up the strange animals' bodies were scattered all across the floor... along with the eyes that had once inhabited their spines.

Jean smirked slightly at her handywork before plucking her satchel up from the ground and slinging it over her blood covered shoulder. Fighting demons was just another day of the week to the the teenaged tomb raider.

"I'm sorry." A deep, formal voice said. Jean turned her head instinctively towards where she thought the voice was coming from, only to find she was completely alone "I'll be taking that off your hands." Jean turned her in all directions, desperatly searching for the speaker... but it was like his voice was coming from all directions.

"Who's there?!" She yelled. Eyes scanning for her quarry.

Two firm, gloved hands landed on Jean's shoulders from behind. Before she could even comprehend this a jolt of green energy flashed through her body, knocking the young woman into a state of unconsciousness.

Her assailant watched the young girl's body drop to the cold, concrete ground, seemingly fascinated by the impact her body had with the floor. He was incredibly pale... almost the colour of stone... with a lime green cape attached to the black tuxedo he was wearing. A dead, rotting tulip stuck from his tux's pocket as he adjusted the beret atop his head.

"You don't want to know."

London

"NO!!"

Doctor Mute sank to his knees as the towering building that had once been his Mansion Magnificent began to slowly shimmer out of existence. It's physical form was vanishing and reappearing at an alarming rate as the Gods of Magic willed the building to vanish from the mortal plane... naturally this caused all the passersby to stare at the disappearing building in confusion.

"NO!!!" Mute screamed again as the building vanished completely, leaving behind a large patch of soil that the structure had once inhabited. He lowered his head towards the filthy street floor and sighed. "...confound it..." He muttered.

Belladonna Hellfire shivered in the cold wind flowing through the air, she watched the look on her boss' face and couldn't help but feel sorry for him.

"Sir..." She said softly. "I'm so sorry." Bella placed her hand upon the Doctor's shoulder in an attempt to offer some form of comfort. Myrick Mute didn't even acknowledge it. He simply continued to wallow in self pity. A few moments of silence passed by as the Ex Magician Maximus and his Secretary pondered the day's events. "What do we do now?" She asked, almost dreading the answer.

Doctor Mute looked up at Bella, sadness spread across his face. It was strange really, maybe it was the stress of the situation... or maybe it was the fact that any of his mystical enchantments had been removed.... but for the first time since she'd started working for him, Doctor Myrick Mute looked old.

While he'd never exactly looked YOUNG, Doctor Mute had always seemed to be more in his early 50s then his late 70s... but that was how he looked now. His usually golden goatee had been replaced with bright white hair.... and his usually smooth skin had been replaced with wrinkles.

"I... I don't know." He admitted before standing up. Doctor Mute fell silent for a moment. "I honestly have no idea." He finally stated. "All my plans didn't count on the Mansion being taken." Mystrick stroked his beard slightly. "I figured we at least had it until the end of the month. Apparently Demonic Home Insurance doesn't matter in the slightest."

"Well sir..." Bella said. "We have to figure SOMETHING out."

"Like what?"

"Well... first..." Doctor Mute's stomach let out a loud grumble. "We need to sit down and eat something." She decided. Doctor Mute gave her a strange look. "What?"

"We have slightly more pressing concerns then food, Ms Hellfire." The Doctor pointed out.

"It's better to think on a full stomach then on an empty stomach." Bella replied.

Sarah Williams had never been very good at fighting. That's what her parents, friends and co workers had been telling her for years.

As she crawled across the floor of her apartment, blood dripping from the large gash in her stomach she realized they'd been completely right.

"MUM!" Sarah tried to look up, her neck aching as she witnessed her son, Daniel being pulled out from under the settee in the living room by several large, stocky green skinned figures. "MUM!!" He yelled as one of the creatures effortlessly tossed the 11 year old over his shoulder and carried him towards the apartment's exit.

"D... daniel!" Sarah cried while reaching her arm towards her offspring in vain. Tears dripped down her cheeks and mixed with the blood splattered on her torso as she watcher her child disappear. "...no!" She gasped before noticing her mobile phone lying on the ground before her. Slowly and painfully she started to crawl towards it, before gripping it in her hand and entering the number of the man she was trying to contact.

"GET OFF THAT!"

A large hand smacked the phone out of Sarah's hand, tossing it across the room out of her reach. She saw two beings standing above her. One of them, presumably the one that had slapped the phone away was another of the creatures that had stormed inside her house and taken her son from her. The other... was a man dressed in a lime green cape. Both were staring down at Sarah like she was some sort of insect.

"She was trying to call for help, sir!" The creature told his superior.

"Was she now?" A small smile appeared upon the man's face. "Good." He plucked the phone up off the floor and placed it back in Sarah's hand.

"Sir?" The creature seemed confused.

"I want her to call him."

"Why?"

Sarah pressed the call button.

"Because I want HIM to know I'm coming." The caped figure answered before pulling a dagger from his belt and stabbing it down at the injured woman below. The phone clattered to the ground, covered in blood.

"And now... he does."

In a small Tai food restaurant in the middle of London, Doctor Mute pulled his cellphone from his pocket. Ignoring the strange looks other custodians of the restaurant were giving him he pulled the metal device to his ear.

"Hello?" He said, only to be taken by surprise by the phone continuing to ring.

"You have to press accept." Bella explained while wiping food from around her mouth.

The Doctor did as instructed.

"Hello?" He said once more.

"Hello, Mute."

"Who is this?" He asked.

After several seconds without any reply he looked at the caller id on the screen. It read "Sarah Williams".

Doctor Mute dropped the phone in shock. His skin turned bleach white... and he began to shake.

"Oh my god..."

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Mute may rue the day he dismissed joining the Panopticons.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@tommythehitman: Hmm poor Mute, maybe that will teach him for being such an ass all the time.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: my guess is that he now looks more like Capaldi than Tennant

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TommytheHitman

@batkevin74: Probably a bit more like the Halloway First Doctor.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: you mean William Hartnell, the first doctor. White hair, bit doddery, black outfit

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By stumpy49er

@batkevin74 said:

@tommythehitman: my guess is that he now looks more like Capaldi than Tennant

You may be confusing Dr. Mute with Dr. October. I mentioned that under his jack-o'-lantern he looks like Tennant, in the movie Fright Night.

@tommythehitman: This old enemy is intriguing. Very interesting costume and creepy looks.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers