Corrupted: The Brain #12

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Metropolis, Suicide Slums, 2 Days after last issue...

"Do you have any idea how many bones you have left to break?" Hawkman asked as he stood over the SHADE agents body.

"Please..." He said. Blood gurgling from his mouth. "I... sur-"

"Surrender? What kind of soldier are you? You're certainly not my wife." Hawkman looked sad for a moment before gritting his teeth. "What I WANT to know is... where have you taken Captain Marvel?!"

"That will be enough Michael." The Brain muttered as he walked down the alleyway. "I've blanketed the area. Any technology or T-Spheres that enter this area will be disabled. Temporarily that is."

"He took Marvel! Or if HE didn't then he knows who did!"

"That will be enough!" The Brain said. His voice had enough air of menace that it caused Hawkman to stop talking in surprise. "I do not care... why you're doing this." The Brain muttered whilst taking deep breaths. "However... if you don't stop torturing this man I will make sure that you are known by every surviving T-Sphere on the planet."

Hawkman frowned as he stood up from the SHADE agent. The Brain smiled as he walked over and knelt next to the blubbing SHADE agent.

"Now... what is your name?" The Brain asked.

"John... John Parks..."

"Are you going to tell me where you've taken the Captain?"

"Never."

The Brain sighed as he placed his hands on the side of the SHADE agent's head.

"This may sting a little John..." The Brain muttered as he closed his eyes.

"What... what are you do-?"

"Scanning through your memories and deleting every single irrelevant one."

"What? Your... your file didn't say you co-!"

"My file? Like everything in this wretched planet, my file is computerized. Which means that I'm able to alter it. Or... maybe I just made the writer of the file forget about it. You never k-"

"OKAY!" John screamed as he sat up. "THEY'VE TAKEN HIM TO THE WATCHTOWER!"

"Really?" The Brain asked. "Thanks John."

The Brain smashed his fist into the middle of John's nose knocking him unconscious.

"Hawkman. It's time to leave." The Brain muttered as he wiped his hand clean of blood.

Hawkman frowned as the Brain walked past him.

"You made all of that up didn't you?"

"Of course I did. I'm not a barbarian who tortures people. I'm a barbarian who fights oppression."

The Brain smiled as he walked out of the alley. Hawkman followed him slowly. The surrounding area was paved in darkness. All the street lamps had been deactivated. All the nearby cars had crashed and dozens of people were looking about wondering what had happened.

"Come along Hawkman." The Brain said as he snapped his fingers causing the street lamps to come back online. "I've alerted an ambulance for our SHADE friend back there... after all... we're not monsters."

The Watchtower...

"Chris Freeman." Martian Manhunter muttered as he held Captain Marvel by the neck. "The new Captain Marvel... you're nothing at all like your ancestors..."

"my... grandfather!" Chris gasped out. "Where is he?!"

"As in Freddy?" Manhunter asked. "I'm afraid Superman is keeping a close eye on him!"

Manhunter threw Chris into the side of the cell they were in.

"Say it Billy." Manhunter said as Captain Marvel collapsed on the floor. "SAY THE WORD!"

Chris spat blood on the floor. Manhunter frowned as Chris smiled bloody teeth up at him.

"I'll... never..."

Manhunter screamed with rage as he smashed Chris in the face with his knee.

"I can't kill you when you're like this." Manhunter muttered. "Superman was cheated out of your power when he fought Billy. Say the word. Or I'll make your every waking moment living hell."

Manhunter waited for a few seconds before shrugging.

"I gave you a choice. Whatever happens next is all your fault."

Martian Manhunter grabbed Chris by the neck before entering his mind. Chris screamed in terror.

"Chris Freeman. Welcome to pain."

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#2  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

@tommythehitman:

Having (finally) read the whole Brain saga, I can say I have enjoyed it more then not. There where a few big gaps near the end, but I enjoyed the character evolution from a sad nobody to a driven, arrogant anti-hero/villain.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

@wildvine: Thanks Wildvine. And thanks for understanding what I was going for 2 years ago.