5th Column Comics: Alexander Wolffe #9

Avatar image for alexander_wolffe
Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Warning: Graphic Content may be ahead. Viewer discretion is advised.

3 Months 16 Days Ago

Immediately after I drop Garrison's head and run out of the room I hear the sirens in the distance. They'll be here in no more than a couple minutes. "F*ck." I mutter to myself. I only see one way out of this. It's a stupid idea but the best one I can think of now. I run to the backside of the building, furthest from the street, open a window, and leap out. My hope was that I'd be able to slow my fall with the TK, it kinda worked. Right before I hit the ground I push myself away from it, breaking my fall at the last second. Felt like I was floating for a moment. Then I stand up, clean myself off, and walk casually out of the alley, disappearing into the crowds just as the security forces arrive.

Time to go home.

"Mr. Wolffe?" I hear someone mutter from the shadows of an alleyway with an almost robotic sounding voice. I turn around to see who called me, when suddenly-

Present Day

My eyes just barely open. Then close. Open a little wider, then close. Now they barely open again, they close, open wider, close. Finally I shake myself up and rub my eyes. I'm lying down. I... I feel powerless. My eyesight is a bit blurred, but from what I can tell I'm in a completely abandoned and empty warehouse floor, with the exception of concrete beams holding up the building. Everything is grayish-white, and not a soul to be found. My ears come into tune and I notice I can hear traffic outside the warehouse. Finally, my eyes come into focus, and I quickly realize I'm in a gray jumpsuit with new shoes. None of my old clothes are anywhere to be found, and all my personal belongings, including that paper I took from Garrison, are missing. All the sudden, as if they waited for the rest of my body to come in tune first, I can feel my abilities slam into me like a truck. Hurts at first, but I feel better than ever afterwards. I even feel stronger in my abilities now.

".... What happened?" I ask myself out loud. I stand up and hear a piece of paper crinkle in my pocket, I pull out a card. All it says is "See you soon." What? See who? I look around a little more, wondering if I'm still even in Indigo City. I stand up and take a little walk around to get use to my legs again, it's a very strange warehouse. Only a few lights here and there, no windows, and only one door on the opposite side of the room.

"Alex. Over here, Alex." A voice near the door calls to me. I walk over to it hesitantly, looking back over my shoulder to make sure nothing is following me. I slowly open the door to a busy street, take one more look back, then step outside. I look around real quick to see who said that, no one is here. I turn back to look into the warehouse and it's just an old abandoned office with broken computers and untrusting desks. But.... How? It was completely empty a second ago. There's no way it could've... Bah, my body must just still be trying to adjust back. Yeah, yeah that's what it is, trying to adjust back.

Suddenly I realize I'm getting quite a few stares, probably because I'm in a jumpsuit. I don't want any unnecessary attention, so I start walking down the sidewalk casually, head down, not making eye contact. As I'm walking a few pages of the local paper blow by in the wind. I head over to them and read a little bit of it. Looks like I'm definitely still in Indigo, and it looks like good ole Mark Brooks is making the front page as Wind Duster. Pft, Wind Duster. It's still a stupid name. Shortly after I read about Mark's latest act of heroism against Axe-Man I notice something in the corner of the paper.... What the hell? This isn't be true. No, it was only for a moment, it can't be true. The date is four months ahead of the last date I remember, of the date I took Garrison's head. It's impossible. "Home, Alex. Go home, Alex." That same voice from earlier tells me.

"Where are you!?" I shout to the voice, not understanding who's there. Too late do I notice I'm making a scene with myself in the middle of the city, so I run into a nearby alleyway. But the voice is right, I need to get home, especially if it's true and I've been gone four months. I start frantically looking around for something, anything to give me an idea of where I am when finally I see the iconic spinning donut of The Donut Experts, a small family owned donut shop Rebbie and I used to go to. That means I'm in Griffith, two districts west of Kingville. But there's no way I'm making it there without at least one cop, or worse, CBTF officer running into me and questioning what I'm doing. I need a new outfit. I glance out of the alleyway, and start scanning up and down the street when I see someone that fits my profile well enough. I grin, cross the street, head into an alleyway on that side, and force him to walk to his own death in the alleyway.

"Do it." That same voice whispers to me. This time I just brush it off, being too in the moment to respond.

Right before I snap the man's neck I whisper into his ear, "Send my regards to Mr. Heisler." CRACK!

It's good to be back.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Notes: This issue and the next one might be short, but I thought they ended better as two short issues rather than drag on as one long one.

Also, some formatting may be off, and no images or italicizing or bolding was possible as I didn't have access to a computer when posting. Will update when ASAP. Thanks.

Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm. Wolffe seems to be descending down the spiral steps of madness

Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or maybe he slipped on the banana peel of sanity?

Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@alexander_wolffe: No problem with the formatting. Somewhat worried about Wolffe, hopefully he'll be okay very soon.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nice to see Wolffe's back! Missed him.

Good issue. I'm curious about what's happened to Wolffe in the past 3 months. Also I really enjoyed the Wind Duster reference.

:)

Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Alexander_Wolffe

@tommythehitman: Thanks, and you'll definitely find that out in due time. And yeah, lol. No prob.

@impurestcheese: Cool. I'll just leave it then. And yeah, we'll just have to see what happens. Even I'm not 100% sure which of the two routes I wanna go.

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@alexander_wolffe: Nice and short chapter, but still good. Don't suppose Alex's starting to crack huh?