Would it be possible?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

To make it so you can comment on comic pages? So that people can discuss the individual issues even if they aren't being reviewed? Actually I know it's possible I'm more asking if I anyone would be willing to code that change in? >.<

I think it would be a great thing to have on the sight since I know a lot of times I read something and want to go talk about it, but no one is reviewing it so I can't.

Just to be clear I'm talking about pages like this.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Can't you just make threads about the issues in the character forum?
BB

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't you just make threads about the issues in the character forum?
BB

No one will post in them, and it would get buried really quickly. The reason the review threads are as active as they are is because you can access them from the reviews button.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#4 pikahyper  Moderator

@teerack: adding almost half a million new forums to the site (with 99% of them never being used) would massively bloat up the site and would make it exponentially harder to moderate. As BB said you are best sticking to character forums, if a thread is good enough it can stand on its own and stay on the first page of a forum.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Teerack

@pikahyper said:

@teerack: adding almost half a million new forums to the site (with 99% of them never being used) would massively bloat up the site and would make it exponentially harder to moderate. As BB said you are best sticking to character forums, if a thread is good enough it can stand on its own and stay on the first page of a forum.

You could just make one forum that holds all comic page threads, so that it wouldn't generate anything unless someone actually posts.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#6 pikahyper  Moderator
RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

It would seem the best way to do this would be to comment on reviews and to count on the fact of people commenting on them as well.

BlueXRam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By BlueXRam

Have a series section with each different comic series, inside the series discussion have someone make a thread to discuss each issue of the series. Also all x-men series can be in one sub section, same with Avengers, Spider-Man, etc. this could easily be implemented

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This would be perfect. I mostly enjoy the site for reaction to latest issues. Creating threads for each one would feel a bit like overkill. Reviews don't appear worth it, from a contributing point of view as they don't appear on people's radars unless they follow you. There's not much incentive there, in my unsubstantiated opinion.