What to do? Volumes Similar names

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By FoxxFireArt

HI. I wanted to ask what to do when you are trying to add a new volume, but there is already a series with the same name.

Legacy #1
Legacy #1
I wanted to add the series Fred Perry also works on called Legacy (Aug. 1999), but I saw there were already two other series named Legacy, though they didn't show up on a regular search. I checked the listings alphabetically. Is there some kind of protocol involved with this kind of issue?
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By pixelized

All 3 volumes of Runaways are just called Runaways.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By xerox_kitty

Similar to what Pix said, there are at least 4 volumes called New Warriors and New Mutants.  In many occasions the name is the same, but the details are different.   As long as it genuinely IS a different volume and you have the publisher details (etc) correct, then it should be okay.

You're not quite at the Live Edit stage yet, right? In that case, submit it with as much detail as you can and see if the moderators agree... if they do, then you have a new volume!  If not... then no new volume, but it wont be the end of the world :) 

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FoxxFireArt
@xerox-kitty:  
Those Volumes are mostly associated with each other though.
This series has no connection to the current Legacy series the site has listed. I've suggested two volumes so far. One for the original Gold Digger: mini series. I noticed that was completely missing from the site. I also suggested the Volume for the one shot series called S-Guild. Neither of them even asked about Publishers. They just asked for the Volume name, Issue name, Issue number, description of issue, and image.

Currently, I'm at 574 points. No too bad I guess. This time last week I was at zero.
FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FoxxFireArt
@aztek the lost: 
Do you mean in the segment where you are writing about the description of the first issue? Isn't that segment designated for describing the first issue of the Volume you are creating?

I had tried checking the HELP section of the site, but that only covered editing pre-existing Volumes and Issues. Not creating Volumes.
FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FoxxFireArt
@aztek the lost: 
I see what you mean now. Thanks for the example.

I did notice that those Volumes were attached to each other though. They are all Marvel Publishing. Just expansions or restarts.

The series Legacy that I wished to add has no attachment at all to the Legacy series that are currently loaded onto this site. 
One is Legacy published by Image. Another is Legacy published by Majestic Entertainment. Even these two aren't connected to each other.
The series I wish to add is published by Antarctic Press and created by Fred Perry.

I haven't even tried to make the Legacy Volume yet. I just wanted to ask what kind of protocols there were for making a new Volume that just happens to share the name of an existing Volume.
shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

Searching for volumes used to be better, it'd be nice if the year or at least the thumbnails were larger to easily see in search which one is which. 
If the volume hasn't been created yet, create it using the link on the help page. If its called Legacy, just call it Legacy.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FoxxFireArt
@Shatterstar: 
Thanks for the tip. I'll remember that when I make the Volume.
xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#11  Edited By xerox_kitty