What is covered by Comic Vine?

MANE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MANE

To what extent does Comic Vine cover comics? What about non-superhero comic genres (e.g. Horror, Romance, Monsters, Old War Comics)? Does it include comics strips (e.g. Peanuts, Garfield, Calvin and Hobbes etc.)? Does it include Anime/Manga (I've read quite an EXTENSIVE Piccolo from Dragon Ball entry) or other foreign comics? Does it cover web comics? What are the limits (if there are any) for Comic Vine's coverage of comics?

ScoodleDaddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ScoodleDaddle

ComicVine covers comics. If you know of a piece of work in the form of a graphic novel (western comic book, webcomic, manga, newspaper funnies, etc...) that you don't see on here, submit it. ComicVine is about everything comics.

At least, to the best of my knowledge.

Avatar image for captain_cascader
Captain Cascader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Captain Cascader

ScoodleDaddle says:

"ComicVine covers comics. If you know of a piece of work in the form of a graphic novel (western comic book, webcomic, manga, newspaper funnies, etc...) that you don't see on here, submit it. ComicVine is about everything comics.At least, to the best of my knowledge."

This is correct. The site and sub system is flexible enough to cover just about anything.

The only thing we get cranky about is character naming and aliases, of which there are many topics on.