untitled issues

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

when an issue has no title entered into the title section it causes issues with the first appearance sections on other pages and a few other similar things...wherein the field just appears blank with no link because there isn't a title available. the logical thing would be to put "[untitled]" (the square brackets to denote that the issue isn't called Untitled), into the field but turns out most the members on this site are against that and would prefer another thing on the site to not work at all. a lot of modern comics are untitled. almost everything bendis' has wrote hasn't had a title. but not including something in that field poses display issues on pages... take for example this page which first appeared in superior foes of spider-man issue 2, now it's first appearance section is completely blank. i had every issue of that series listed as "[untitled]" because they have not had a title... but users, ranging from the new and useless to experienced ones, just remove it and leave nothing there. i have told one of them about the problem removing it poses and he still went and did it. lovely.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2 pikahyper  Moderator

@x35: so what are you proposing? I use [Untitled] as well but it annoys me to see it a lot in the issue grid so I tend to only use it in one off occasions. Technically there is a link there is it just invisible since there is no text, you can view a working link using the built in developer tools in chrome and firefox though.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

@pikahyper: but is tommy newcomer meant to know that when, idk, they go on the page of that new ms marvel wannabe and want to see what her first appearance was but the section is blank because the issue was untitled or whatev?

i'm proposing mods or whatev decide on an actual like guideline for untitled issues...even if it is something as simple as just putting in "[N/A]" or "[untitled]" or whatev. or even just ask staff to rewrite it so that instead of just the title it says "XXX #1 - title" which it does actually do for the death issues(!)

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#4 pikahyper  Moderator

@x35: making that change to the page template so it is like death's has been requested and I believe it is on the to do list but it would be a low priority at this time.

Rules are good but at this point very few new users read the rules or guides unfortunately, I'm not sure what is pushing this trend but it has been increasing since earlier this year, we do our best to guide people but some slip through the cracks.