The Submission Feedback Corner

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#101  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@Xanni15: I haven't gone over the page but the Other Media section should always be last on a page.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By Xanni15

@pikahyper: Thank you, got that already. :]

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#103  Edited By RazzaTazz

@Xanni15: Not to contradict my colleague, more to clarify, but Other Media is not always the last heading on a page. It is the last official heading. There is still room for adding in whatever else might be pertinent beyond that.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@RazzaTazz: do you have an example? I can't think of a single instance where anything should ever come after Other Media, everything comic related should come before it since this is a comic site and anything not comic related should be in the Other Media section making it last.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By RazzaTazz

@pikahyper: Yes sure, in the video it says to follow the format and then if there is anything extra to put it at the bottom. For instance on the Wonder Woman page there are a few things.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@RazzaTazz: that's mainly cause the video is extremely old, we created the Other Media section way after, the WW page is a mess and those things should be above Other Media since they are directly linked to the comics, the psychological analysis section would make more sense in the Creation or Character Evolution sections, makes no sense to put it towards the bottom since it is rather important.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Xanni15

@TheAcidSkull: FWIW it looks like a really well done page IMO. One thing I noticed just skimming through, there's quite a few times when Hulk's name isn't capitalized, and it always should be, right?

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#109  Edited By X35

@TheAcidSkull: I hate it.

J/k. It looks good but there's a few gaps... I'll add in some of the Avengers stuff, if you aren't planning to. And I love that it just skips Bruce Jones' horrible run entirely... keep it that way.
X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By X35

@TheAcidSkull said:

i focus more on mark waids hulk

All two issues?

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By X35

@TheAcidSkull: oh, i actually meant older avengers stuff.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Xanni15

@TheAcidSkull:

Nothing wrong with that. It's another reason this place is awesome, people contributing and working together to get something done. :]

mister garbage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#119  Edited By mister garbage

You're too kind, Acid. Someday I hope to come back in and contribute again. I still add images here and there, but big-time Wiki edits don't fit on my time table these days. You do great work (as do the other contributors) and should be proud to be one of the Hulk's heralds. :)

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

User Lists: 3

#121  Edited By wmwadeii

After the small discussion in my thread I finally got a page created using what IMO is the best option for displaying the information. You can see the other suggested layouts in the original thread. Let me know what you think of the first character I've updated to this format Air Raid

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By RazzaTazz
@wmwadeii: Good, but weaknesses should not be separate.  Roll it into Powers and Abilities.  Also you should definitely add in Creation, and add in Character Evolution if you can find any.  
pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@wmwadeii: I'm with Razz, also Alternate Universes should probably be Alternate Versions and in the Other Media section move the video game section to first as it is the longest and media goes in the order of importance so games>film>tv>books

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By wmwadeii

@RazzaTazz said:

@wmwadeii: Good, but weaknesses should not be separate. Roll it into Powers and Abilities. Also you should definitely add in Creation, and add in Character Evolution if you can find any.

I added the Creation and changed the Weaknesses. The Character Evolution is a little confusing considering the Evolution is basically the Major Story Arcs. Didn't know how to put it and didn't want to leave it blank.@pikahyper said:

@wmwadeii: I'm with Razz, also Alternate Universes should probably be Alternate Versions and in the Other Media section move the video game section to first as it is the longest and media goes in the order of importance so games>film>tv>books

Well Television would probably be the most important once somebody, or myself adds to it. Since this was along with Marvel's comic the origin of the Transformers. I liked Alternate Versions myself but saw Universes on Marvel pages and went with that. I changed it back to Versions.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@wmwadeii: k, your powers header is off though

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By wmwadeii

@pikahyper: Nice catch

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By RazzaTazz
@wmwadeii: Character Evolution can be used broadly or specifically, it is better to put something than nothing.  Even if it just says "has been a consistently shown secondary character.  
wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By wmwadeii

@RazzaTazz: Okay make sense. Maybe I can find a General statment about G1, G2, IDW continuities.

@pikahyper: I was thinking also thinking about the Other Media section. How detailed should it be. I left the information on the games that existed already, but it seems kinda wordy to explain everything a character did in the game. This could also hold true for Movies, Books and Television as well. In the case of Transformers where the cartoon had a larger impact I could see it being lengthy. Just wasn't sure the general guidelines that should be followed in that section. Less than 1 paragraph, no more than 3 etc.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@wmwadeii: Each Other Media sub-section is supposed to be a basic summary, before the Whiskey split we had people just do a basic summary with a link back to the additional content on a sister site, now that we can't link to Screened for Film and Television they can be a little more detailed then a basic summary but not by much since we don't completely endorse non-comic continuity. For video games though they really should be a basic summary with a link under the game title to the Giant Bomb page:

Video Games

Game Title H4

For Further Information: Game Title or Further Information On GiantBomb: Game Title

Summary description.

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By wmwadeii

@pikahyper: When you say "basic", do you mean like, Air Raid is an NPC in xyz game and is based on his character from xyz, and he is a DLC for xyz game. Or similar to what somebody already added to his page with a summary of the events he took place in?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@wmwadeii: I just read the game summaries on Air Raids page and I'd say they are about the right length and have the correct content but I'm seeing some typos if you want to clean them up to make the writing more solid. The reason those summaries are ok is that GiantBomb is more game specific and not character specific and we don't really need repeated info so a little more detail is ok in most cases.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By RazzaTazz
Letter Columns

I am the least sure about the Trivia section.  I will probably add to this as I find more material to draw on.  
pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@RazzaTazz: not bad, the third paragraph of the History section has some parts that need to be re-written for clarity, you should read the paragraph out loud. I see your Canadian double spacing crept into the History section as well. Also if I remember correctly letters columns were pretty common up to the modern age well beyond the silver age.

Edited to add:

oh and this "Numerous famous comic creators have famously submitted letters to columns before starting their careers." famous and famously in one sentence? bit much.

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By wmwadeii

I finally got around to adding the Television information for Air Raid, but I'm thinking it might be a little long. I was thinking it might be better to just have a basic paragraph and maybe add a list under of episodes they appeared in.

Ssomething like this instead;

Other Media

Television

The Transformers (1984)

To combat Megatron's new Stunticons, the Aerialbots were created on Cybertron by Optimus Prime. With the assistance of Hoist, Wheeljack, Ratchet and Alpha Trion, Air Raid and the other Aerialbots were born. They are the Autobots' first combiner team, and when merged to form Superion. Unlike the Decepticons' combiner team the Constructicons, their configuration consists of five transformers instead of six.

Like most of the Aerialbots, Air Raid was slow to learn the Autobots' ways. He was more impressed with the flying skills of Starscream and the Seekers. His first appearance comes in the two-part episode Key to Vector Sigma. When the Aerialbots saw Megatron deactivate Ariel, Dion and Orion Pax. Air Raid and the others soon returned to their time with a new mission and to oppose the Decepticons' tyranny.

Episode Appearances

• The Keys to Vector Sigma; part 2
  • War Dawn
  • Cosmic Rust
  • Aerial Assault
  • Five Faces of Darkness; part 2 & 3
  • Forever is a Long Time Coming
  • Fight of Flee
  • Thief in the Night
  • Carnage in C-Minor
  • The Big Broadcast of 2006
  • The Ultimate Weapon
  • The Burden Hardest to Bear
  • The Return of Optimus Prime; part 1
  • The Rebirth; part 1 & 3

or ;

Air Raid appeared in the following episodes; The Keys to Vector Sigma; part 2, War Dawn, Cosmic Rust, Aerial Assault, Five Faces of Darkness; part 2 & 3, Forever is a Long Time Coming, Fight of Flee, Thief in the Night, Carnage in C-Minor, The Big Broadcast of 2006, The Ultimate Weapon, The Burden Hardest to Bear, The Return of Optimus Prime; part 1, The Rebirth; part 1 & 3

While Air Raid's is not the longest, when you get to a major character like Optimus or Megatron that could be a whole page of info.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By RazzaTazz
@wmwadeii: I think either of those works, I tend to go for conciseness in that section as additional information does not add much value to the wiki.  
wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By wmwadeii

@RazzaTazz: I like the list look better personally just because it's easier to read.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By RazzaTazz
@wmwadeii: Go with that then :)
Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

So, I have a good amount of experience with this, I have two very close friends who are transgender, and that's what Shining Knight is. Thus, Sir Ystin may be physically female, but he consistently refers to himself as male. This is beyond simple disguise, as the trip to hell demonstrated, and thus Ystin should be considered male, as that's deep down the gender he sees himself as. He's a man with the body of a woman.

I dunno exactly why I posted this here, but I edited the wiki to reflect this, and I guess I wanted to see what people think of the idea more so than the actual content, because 90% of what I did was change the gender identifying pronouns that referred to him as female.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By RazzaTazz
@The Mighty Monarch: nice, I agree
RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By RazzaTazz

@pikahyper: I got a request in the quest forum as to this information. Seeing as I cede to your knowledge on all things about publishers I thought you might be able to answer 's question as was posted in the Quests forum:

I'd like to make a wiki page for RAW Studios, the comic label created and fronted by Tom Jane, Tim Bradstreet and Steve Niles. Get back to me if the site is okay with it, thanks

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@RazzaTazz said:

@pikahyper: I got a request in the quest forum as to this information. Seeing as I cede to your knowledge on all things about publishers I thought you might be able to answer 's question as was posted in the Quests forum:

I'd like to make a wiki page for RAW Studios, the comic label created and fronted by Tom Jane, Tim Bradstreet and Steve Niles. Get back to me if the site is okay with it, thanks

don't see why it wouldn't be allowed as long as it isn't already here and they have published at least one comic that has been released.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this thread still okay to use?

If so, I got this. Any feedback would be appreciated. :]

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Xanni15
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#145 JediXMan  Moderator

I've been working to replace content on the Force page. It's just a start, but I'd like some thoughts.

Also, would it be a good idea to list the abilities that can be used by Force users? Might be rather extensive, but the Force is often linked in Powers and Abilities in character pages.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#146  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

I say the Force page should focus a bit more of the philosophy of it.It should also expand to more Force users imo. I think adding the powers and abilities to the page makes sense (although this would be rather difficualt because to me knowledge they are over 100 Force abilities and powers) but I still think It's a good idea to get the most important Force abilities such as TK,Alter Mind,Force Speed,Force Lighting, Force Heal/Drain etc

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can always summarize the Force abilities, going into detail for the main ones and just listing the others.

As far as the page, it's looking good so far. :]

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@jedixman: Good stuff :)

In terms of the abilities, I'd say do a brief summary of each of the major ones. For the minor abilities I think it depends on how explanatory the name is and how much it can be written about. For instance, the nature of Force teleportation could probably do with some explanation given it's difference to teleportation in a lot of other franchises.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#149 JediXMan  Moderator

In terms of the abilities, I'd say do a brief summary of each of the major ones. For the minor abilities I think it depends on how explanatory the name is and how much it can be written about. For instance, the nature of Force teleportation could probably do with some explanation given it's difference to teleportation in a lot of other franchises.

Fold Space? I'd probably list that under a list of "advanced" / unorthodox abilities. If I were to do it, I've list universal powers, then Light and Dark, and then - possibly - more arcane abilities (Fold Space, Flow Walking, etc.).

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@jedixman said:

@guttridgeb said:

Fold Space? I'd probably list that under a list of "advanced" / unorthodox abilities. If I were to do it, I've list universal powers, then Light and Dark, and then - possibly - more arcane abilities (Fold Space, Flow Walking, etc.).

That's the term I was looking for, I had a bit of a mental blank there :P

That sounds good. Also, just in case the Force does get incorporated into one overall Star Wars concept, I would suggest you avoid using the Header 4, that way less formatting will need to be done if/when its moved over.