kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By kuonphobos

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this but here goes:

I have been doing a little editing among the Dark Shadows pages and was planning on tagging each issue released after April 12, 1971 as a TV Show Continuation as that was the date of the final Dark Shadows Broadcast. Any thoughts?

And since I have broached the subject, a few Buffy the Vampire Slayer issues are also on the list and I basically have the same question regarding issues that were published after May 20, 2003 the date of the final Buffy television episode.

OR is the TV Show Continuation concept ONLY for comics that are actually NEW SEASONS in comic format? Like the new Jericho series of Buffy Season 8 etc.

Thanks.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By X35

@kuonphobos: honestly... the concept pages are abused as it is, so i wouldn't stress out too much over it. Just do what you feel is right... i mean, as long as you're not abusing the concept and can justify where you put it, you're doing fine. and from the sounds of it, you've thought it through which is more than a lot of people..... there's another TV/Comic based concept somewhere too... something like tv show tie-in but i can't find it and i'm eating a big pizza atm so i can't really find it

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#53  Edited By The Poet  Moderator
Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Vaeternus

@The Poet said:

Hello there Poet.

Ok, on this topic. Few things I've been in favor of for a while now....

1. Please, please, please comicvine. Create a "ignore user" option. Other sites have it and it's great, I'm tired of the same dumb people trying to bait me into flame wars or arguments every chance they get or some kind of option where I can hid my posts from certain users. I think this would be far more effective if not as good as "flagging people who don't even get looked at depending on the moderator's view.

2. Bring back the original search option or at least give us the option to use it(where every time you created a topic EVERY topic came up literally to the side or beneath. I loved this and miss it.

3. Bring back that forum option on user profiles...it was far easier and better then it is now. It sucks now to put it bluntly. You have to go thru pages and pages of your previous posts just to find an older topic or certain topic. I LOVED the list of "threads made by user" on the oldschool comicvine.

These are 3 important things imo that need to happen in order for CV to be even better then what it is and give the users more options is always a good thing :)

P.S. question, does this topic/thread actually get considered or looked at?

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@Vaeternus: hello Goven'r!

most of those should be suggested on the Ways and Ideas to improve Comicvine thread. However, the staff aren't really taking suggestions at the moment because Mercy tells me they are going to update the website platform (they are still using the whiskey one...so they need a new one). So, I don't think they are taking suggestions on what they are going to do right now. We'll know at some point...

P.S. This thread? by staff members? I think never. By mods? I check this thread and all the other threads regularly. Of course, this is more about about Feedback about editing than suggesting new stuff on the forums and their format. The Ways and Ideas thread would normally be the place to say the above suggestions. Though when the engineers would actully read those suggestions is up in the air.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By Vaeternus

@The Poet said:

@Vaeternus: hello Goven'r!

most of those should be suggested on the Ways and Ideas to improve Comicvine thread. However, the staff aren't really taking suggestions at the moment because Mercy tells me they are going to update the website platform (they are still using the whiskey one...so they need a new one). So, I don't think they are taking suggestions on what they are going to do right now. We'll know at some point...

P.S. This thread? by staff members? I think never. By mods? I check this thread and all the other threads regularly. Of course, this is more about about Feedback about editing than suggesting new stuff on the forums and their format. The Ways and Ideas thread would normally be the place to say the above suggestions. Though when the engineers would actully read those suggestions is up in the air.

Goven'r? lol

I see, I was told by others that there's a feedback topic(I assumed this was it in this forum) where I can express my thoughts. I'll post this in there for safe measure :)

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@Vaeternus: yeah, you might want to read the OPs till you get used to some of the threads in this section (some have confusing names...)

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#58  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

@X35 said:

but i do like detailed pages for people who's appeared in so few comics haha xD

Then you might like the work I did on this page:

Scream Queen

I've barely been here a week, so I'm quite the noob! Hopefully it looks OK though :D

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#59  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Okay. As part of my effort to rewrite some of my contributions, I began with my biggest submission: the Kyle Katarn page. Let me know what you guys think about it.

Here's a link for comparison.

Note: pictures will be added later. I'll be including the ones already featured in the article, and I might add more. And I have to add some links.

Click to reveal.

Current Events

Kyle Katarn serves as a Jedi Master and member of the Jedi Council within Luke Skywalker’s New Jedi Order.

Origin

Kyle Katarn was the son of a farmer, Morgan Katarn, on Sulon, a moon of Sullust. As a young man, he joined the Imperial Academy on Cardia, eventually becoming an officer and commander of a Stormtrooper squad. After his father was mysteriously murdered, Kyle went on a journey that led to the discovery that his father was killed by Imperial soldiers. He then joined the Rebel Alliance, taking part in Operation: Skyhook, the mission to steal the plans for the first Death Star. Later, Kyle would learn the Force, becoming a Jedi and eventually becoming a Jedi Master. He would join the Jedi Council of Luke Skywalker’s New Jedi Order.

Creation

Kyle Katarn was created for the video game Star Wars: Dark Forces, where he was voiced by Nick Jameson. He gained popularity more so with the game Star Wars: Jedi Knight – Dark Forces II, where he was portrayed by Jason Court in live action cut-scenes. This game also spawned the Dark Forces line of graphic novels, prequels and adaptations of Jedi Knight. Kyle reappeared years later in Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast and JediAcademy, where he was voiced by Jeff Bennet. Kyle Katarn became a popular and important figure in the Star Wars Expanded Universe.

Character Evolution

Imperial Soldier and Rebel Agent

Kyle Katarn was born on Sulon, one of the moons of Sullust. He went off world to attend the Imperial Academy on Carida. He led his squad of Stormtroopers in a raid on a small Rebel base. During the mission, he experienced some visions, that he would later understand to be an example of the Force. He also met Jan Ors, a Rebel Agent. For reasons he did not understand, he allowed her and some of her people to leave the base unharmed.

He graduated the Academy with honors. But unfortunately, during the mission, his father Morgan Katarn was killed by Jerec, a Dark Jedi in search of the legendary Valley of the Jedi. He was led to believe that his father's death was the result of a Rebel raid on Sulon. He took time off before entering into active service, where he met Jan Ors once again. After a brief skirmish, Jan was able to show Kyle proof that the Imperials were responsible for the death of Kyle's father, not the Rebel Alliance.

Kyle defected from the Empire, working as a mercenary and an agent for the Rebels. Kyle was a crucial part of the operation to steal the plans to the first Death Star. He infiltrated the facility on Danuta and transmitted the information to Leia Organa aboard Tantive IV, playing a key role in the destruction of the Death Star and the eventual destruction of the Empire as a whole.

Valley of the Jedi

A year after the destruction of the second Death Star and the defeat of the Empire on Endor, Kyle Katarn was simply a freelance mercenary. He went on a quest to find his father's murderer, and was visited by the Force ghost of Qu Rahn, Jedi Master and friend to Kyle's father Morgan. He was told of the Valley of the Jedi, something that Morgan and Qu Rahn kept hidden - and something that Jerec, the killer of Morgan and Rahn, desperately wanted. Kyle retrieved Qu Rahn's lightsaber and proved that he was a natural duelist, proving capable of defeating the Dark Knight Yun without any formal training. Kyle discovered the location of the Valley on Ruusan, immediately going to stop Jerec.

When he arrived, he found Jan Ors held hostage by Jerec, who attempted to turn Kyle to the dark side. Kyle resisted, and Jerec lashed out, bringing down his own outpost and defeating Kyle. While Kyle was unconscious, Sariss - Jerec's apprentice - attempted to kill Kyle. But Yun stopped her, resulting in Yun's death. Kyle awakened, retrieving Yun's lightsaber and proceeded to duel Sariss. After a harsh fight, Kyle emerged the victor. Kyle continued deep into the Valley, rescuing Jan and going to face Jerec. But he wasn't able to stop Jerec from bathing in the Valley's power, approaching a power that - Kyle feared - may have rivaled the Emperor. Kyle, however, was able to defeat him by wrapping him in a barrier made up of the light side of the Force, cutting Jerec off from his power. Kyle was able to strike him down

Kyle would build a new lightsaber. Because he feared going to the dark side, he gave it to Luke Skywalker for safe keeping before returning to his life as a mercenary with Jan Ors.

Jedi Knight

Kyle and Jan worked side by side as freelance mercenaries for 7 years after the incident in the Valley of the Jedi, eventually developing a romantic relationship. Mon Mothma contacted the duo in order to carry out a mission for the New Republic that she believed involved a plot to involving the Valley of the Jedi, because Kyle and Jan were the only living people who knew the Valley's location and therefore a good choice for the mission.

They attacked a small Imperial Remnant outpost on the planet Kejim, uncovering a research facility that experimented on crystals capable of containing the Force. They discovered a mining facility on Artus Prime that was mining the crystals for the Empire. Kyle and Jan heavily damaged the facility and released the slaved miners. However, during the mission they were attacked by two Dark Jedi - Desann and his apprentice, Tavion, holding Jan captive. Kyle tried to fight Desann, but it had been a long time since Kyle used the Force, and he was quickly overwhelmed by Desann. Desann ordered that Tavion kill Jan, and Kyle could do nothing but hear her scream from inside the shuttle. Desann tossed Kyle aside and flew away, leaving Kyle in his rage.

In an act of brash anger, Kyle immediately went to the Valley of the Jedi, where he was visited by his father, who tried to stop Kyle from drawing on the Valley's power. But it was in vain; while the spirits of the Valley were free, there remained a powerful nexus of Force energy, which Kyle drew on in order to quickly restore his power. Unbeknownst to him, however, Desann planned all of this. Hew knew Kyle would go to the Valley, and followed him there.

Kyle went to Yavin IV in order to get his lightsaber back from Luke Skywalker. Luke allowed him, but not before having him pass some brief trials in order to make sure he was capable. He was a bit too capable, making Luke skeptical, and causing Kyle to reveal what he had done. Luke warned him of such behavior. He also told Kyle that Desann used to be a student at his Academy Kyle gave Luke the coordinates for the Valley, asking him to check on the Valley for him while he himself went in search of Jan's killers.

Kyle followed Desann's underworld contacts, eventually running into Lando Calrissian on Nar Shaddaa and rescuing him from Reelo Baruk, one of Desann's contacts. The two escaped on Lando's ship, the Lady Luck, and traveled to Cloud City - which was suffering from an Imperial Remnant occupation. While there, he ran into a Reborn - a Dark Jedi trained by Desann and unnaturally empowered by the Force using the energy from the Valley of the Jedi. Kyle defeated the Reborn and helped rescue the Bespin Security Force, which quickly restored order.

Before she could escape, Kyle Katarn confronted Tavion, Desann's apprentice, and the one who personally struck Jan Ors down. He fought and defeated her, his rage consuming him as he threatened to kill Tavion while using Force choke. Because of her fear, she revealed to Kyle that Jan was indeed alive, and that Desann only wanted to fool Kyle so they could follow him to the Valley. She also told Kyle that Jan was aboard the Doombringer, a ship belonging to Galak Fyyar - lead scientist on Desann's Reborn project. Kyle tossed her aside, controlling his anger and telling her to leave.

Kyle took Tavion's ship to the Cairn Installation within an Asteroid belt, which is where the Doombringer was being built. He discovered that they were smuggling a metal known as Cortosis, which is a lightsaber-resistant metal that can also temporarily deactivate a lightsaber. Kyle ran into Luke Skywalker in the facility, who had also followed the trail. The two were ambushed by a new type of soldier called Shadowtroopers - Reborns who are enhanced by a crystal imbued with the Force that has been placed at the heart of the trooper's chestplate, their entire suit of armor made out of Cortosis. Luke and Kyle fought the Shadowtroopers and emerged victorious.

As Kyle made his way to the Doombringer, Luke confronted Desann. They two briefly fought before Desann escaped. Luke returned to Yavin while Kyle continued into the Doombringer. He discovered that the Doombringer was en-route to Yavin IV for an all out assault on the Jedi Academy. They called in Rogue Squadron to attack the Doombringer when it emerged from Hyperspace. However, they found that the shields were too strong. The Doombringer rained down transport pods onto the surface of Yavin IV. Rogue Squadron attempted to destroy as many pods as they could, but many slipped through.

Kyle brought down the shields just as he was confronted by Galak Fyyar, who wore an experimental suit of armor with a shield. Kyle killed Fyyar as Rogue Squadron took their opportunity and attacked, taking down their artificial gravity systems in the process. Kyle found Jan and the two managed to get away in an escape pod, following Desann and his people. After crash landing, the two lovers embraced briefly before Kyle made his way through the swamps of Yavin IV to the Jedi Academy. He fought many Reborns and Remnant forces alongside his fellow Jedi and New Republic soldiers. He went down into the very catacombs and fought Desann. He tried to turn Desann back to the light, showing how much Kyle had truly changed during his mission. Desann refused, forcing Kyle to strike him down after a fight.

Kyle, Jan, and Luke met in the Academy once the fight was over. Luke congratulated Kyle, offering to take his lightsaber back into safe keeping, assuming Kyle was going to return to his life as a mercenary. Instead, Kyle decided to keep it, staying a Jedi. He and Jan went on a brief vacation to the beaches of Spira.

Jedi Master and teacher

Kyle Katarn found a place at the Jedi Academy, becoming a teacher and earning the rank of Jedi Master - despite his distaste for being called "master" or "Master Katarn," preferring his students to call him simply "Kyle."

In 14 ABY (two years after the fight with Desann), Kyle took on two students: Jaden Korr and Rosh Penin - Jaden Korr being a rather unique case due to the fact that he managed to create his own lightsaber without any formal training. During their travel to the Jedi Academy, their shuttle malfunctioned, forcing it down in the jungles and causing at least two of the students - Jaden and Rosh - to hike it on foot to the Academy. They encountered some Imperial Remnant Stormtroopers and a Dark Jedi, who Jaden - in a stunning display of ability - dispatched without much difficulty. He discovered two Dark Jedi using a strange rod and drawing energy from a nearby temple. He was discovered and knocked unconscious, awakening to the sight of Kyle Katarn and a few other Jedi, including Luke Skywalker.

Kyle was given both students to train, taking them into the ruins and having them run some trials. During the trials, in an act of competition, Rosh sent a Jedi Training droid after Jaden to slow him down, which Jaden defeated. Kyle chastised Rosh, saying that - had the droid been set at a high level, like Luke - it could have killed Jaden.

Kyle sent both on small missions around the Galaxy. Jaden, however, was sent on more difficulty missions than Rosh due to his abilities, and those missions had strong ties to finding out what the Remnant was doing on Yavin IV. It would be discovered that the Dark Jedi on Yavin were siphoning dark side Force energy from the temples, working for a group known as the Disciples of Ragnos - made up of Reborn left over from Desann's plot and Imperial Remnant soldiers. While looking into the group's interest in Hoth, Jaden encountered Alora, a Dark Jedi with the Disciples. He defeated her, but was incapable of preventing her escape. On another mission, Rosh was captured by the Disciples of Ragnos. It was discovered that the Disciples of Ragnos have a quest to bring back the long-dead ancient Sith Lord, Marka Ragnos.

Later, Kyle traveled with Jaden to investigate the group's next target: Vjun, home to Bast Castle, Darth Vader's famed fortress. Jaden and Kyle ended up getting separated, forcing Jaden to delve deeper into the castle. He eventually stumbled on three Dark Jedi draining the power from Vader's old meditation chamber. One of the Dark Jedi turned around, revealing himself to be Rosh Penin, Kyle's former student. Rosh attempted to lure Jaden to the dark side, but he resisted, resulting in a fight between Jaden, Rosh, and the Kothos twins. He defeated the trio, leaving Rosh begging for his life. Suddenly, Rosh's new master revealed herself: Tavion Axmis wielding the Scepter of Ragnos, Desann's former apprentice. Kyle came in time to stop Tavion from killing Jaden. The two exchanged words, where Tavion was angered that Kyle shamed her by allowing her to live. She brought down the ceiling, destroying Jaden's lightsaber. Jaden was saved by Kyle Katarn, who was able to hold up the falling debris in time for Jaden to use Kyle's lightsaber to cut through the floor.

Kyle and Jaden returned to the Academy, where Jaden was given the rank of Jedi Knight. Jaden created a new lightsaber and continued on his quest to defeat the Disciples of Ragnos. They learned that the Disciples were ready to complete their plans to resurrect the Sith Lord. However, they had enough time to go to Taspir III to find Rosh, who had sent off a distress message to them. Jaden and Kyle split up to search the facility. Jaden found him first, becoming enraged when he saw that Rosh was completely okay and in no danger. He considered killing Rosh, constantly tempted by the Dark Jedi Alora to do so and join her. Kyle, however, sensed what was happening and contacted Jaden telepathically to sooth his rage. Jaden resisted, turning Rosh back to the light. Jaden fought Alora, but Rosh was injured severely when Alora cut off his arm during the fight.

Jaden struck Alora down just as Kyle came, carrying Rosh away for medical attention while Jaden went to join the fight on Korriban to stop Tavion. He fought her, defeating her once, but was unable to stop her from bringing back the spirit of Marka Ragnos, who possessed Tavion's body. Jaden, however, proved himself very capable when he struck her down, defeating Marka Ragnos himself and destroying the Scepter.

Rosh was treated for his injuries, the medics equipping him with a prosthetic. Jaden was congratulated and Rosh was redeemed.

Second Galactic Civil War

Luke Skywalker's nephew, Jacen Solo, turned to the dark side and took control of the Galactic Alliance, sending the Jedi into exile and calling himself Darth Caedus. Kyle was among the many Jedi in hiding on Endor. He was sent to ambush Darth Caedus outside of the Senate building on Coruscant. With him was Thann Mithric, Kolir Hu'lya, Seha Dorvald, and Valin Horn. Their objective was to kill or capture Caedus, or failing that put a tracking device on him.

Despite their combined abilities, Caedus proved to be far superior. Thann was killed during the fight and Katarn himself was almost killed by a stab to the chest. They were unable to defeat him, but they succeeded in planting the device. The remaining Jedi narrowly escaped.

Major Story Arcs

The Jedi Knight trilogy of graphic novels – adaptations of a game of the same name – is the most important material for the character, defining his origin and defining moments. The books are: Soldier for the Empire, Rebel Agent, and Jedi Knight. The first serves as a prequel, whereas the last two are adaptations of the Jedi Knight game. In the Star Wars universe, both the game and graphic novels are canon.

Kyle would later appear in Star Wars: Tales #21 in the short story Equals and Opposites, showing Kyle’s experience during the Yuuzhan Vong War as a Jedi Master.

Powers and Abilities

Kyle Katarn is a natural duelist. Despite his lack of any actual training, he was able to fight and defeat each of the Seven Dark Jedi, including the Dark Jedi Master Jerec and his apprentice Sariss. He still never received much training after he gave up being a Jedi. When he regained his lightsaber many years later, he was able to get back to fighting other Dark Jedi, including Desann and his own apprentice Tavion. As a Jedi Master, Kyle was renowned for his lightsaber skills.

Kyle's telekinesis abilities are rather considerable. As a Jedi Master, he reacted fast enough to dive next to Jaden Korr and grab a lot of heavy debris from Bast Castle, keeping it in mid air long enough for Jaden to cut a hole in the floor to escape.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Thoughts? Anybody?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#61  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@JediXMan: looks good but you are dropping the Portrayals section? why not just rework it to an Other Media section to include more info on the games and link each game to its GiantBomb wiki page.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@pikahyper said:

@JediXMan: looks good but you are dropping the Portrayals section? why not just rework it to an Other Media section to include more info on the games and link each game to its GiantBomb wiki page.

Actually, I moved it. Or, I should say, I reworded it. See the Creation section.

The problem I have with "in other media," in regard to Star Wars, is that all other media is canon, not just the comics. I combine the games, comics, and novels into what is said there because that's just how the canon works.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@JediXMan: hmm I see, k, gotta be some way to incorporate our sister site though :P

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@pikahyper said:

@JediXMan: hmm I see, k, gotta be some way to incorporate our sister site though :P

I can still link to the games in the Created article, if it makes you feel better *shrug*

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Anyone else have any thoughts before I upload it?

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@JediXMan: looks pretty good...

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@The Poet said:

@JediXMan: looks pretty good...

Thanks. Any problems with it? You seem rather... hesitant.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@JediXMan: I do? hmm...preoccupied perhaps...but I don't see any problems with the article myself.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@The Poet said:

@JediXMan: I do? hmm...preoccupied perhaps...but I don't see any problems with the article myself.

Okay, cool.

I recently uploaded the new layout.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Question:

If a character has appeared in comic books, but the comic books themselves are not canon to the primary continuity, then what then? Of course the comics should be mentioned in the Major Story Arcs section, but in the origin / character evolution pages, shouldn't it mention primary continuity?

Not talking about Star Wars, since comics are just as canon as everything else and as I have said is vastly different from everything else. But I'm curious.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#71  Edited By RazzaTazz

@JediXMan: Hmm, so the character have a different origin in the comics than in the rest of canon? I guess I would go with the same type of format that a character has that switches over between companies or through when their histories are rewritten and just include both and preface one with "In the comics continuity ... " and the other with "the canonical origin of the character from other media than comics is ..."

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@RazzaTazz said:

@JediXMan: Hmm, so the character have a different origin in the comics than in the rest of canon? I guess I would go with the same type of format that a character has that switches over between companies or through when their histories are rewritten and just include both and preface one with "In the comics continuity ... " and the other with "the canonical origin of the character from other media than comics is ..."

Not necessarily the origin specifically or the powers, but the general stories are different.

For example, Code Geass characters. The Manga is different from the Anime. Characters are the same, some of the origins are the same, but the stories are different. In the main article, shouldn't the canon (Anime) be the primary part, and the comic (Manga) be mentioned as an afterthought? My thought was to have the canon piece in the Character Evolution and Origin area, and mention the comics in the Major Story Arcs section.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By RazzaTazz

@JediXMan: OK, I am about to fall asleep from tiredness but that seems ok

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I would like to rewrite the Lelouch page. Quite honestly, it's a bit... too detailed. There's stuff there that shouldn't be. He only covered what's worth five appearances; that's all.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@JediXMan: yeah, I totally agree...You have my approval...

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By X35

Someone keeps changing the details and text on the page of obscure Daredevil/Wolverine/Punisher baddie Bushwacker's page insisting he is a cyborg when it was explicitly confirmed he was actually a mutant. This back and forth has been going on for a few days now, Idk which user is doing it but if they see this post maybe they'll stop.

No Caption Provided
lokiofmidgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#77  Edited By lokiofmidgaard

You are going from a single comic in which a character makes an uncorroborated comment which contradicts multiple other stories both before and after. We've seen Bushwacker kidnapped by a being who specifically targeted cyborgs, and only cyborgs. We have seen him with a bionic arm removed and disassembled next to his hospital bed. We've seen him have his main bionic limb cut off in battle, exposing the mechanics inside it. And his Marvel Handbook entry categorically states he is a cyborg, mentions the claim (from the image above) that he is a mutant, but notes that given the evidence countering it Bushwacker may simply be lying about being a mutant that one time he made the claim.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By X35

I hear that all cyborgs are very prone to asphyxiation.

lokiofmidgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By lokiofmidgaard

And, despite the evidence I pointed out, you've modified the entry again to support the idea that he is a mutant. You've changed his entry to say his type is "other" even though we know without question that he is a cyborg. You've removed the note that he claimed in one story that he was a mutant, but that other stories do NOT support this and that the Marvel Handbooks specifically cast doubt on the truth of his claim, and replaced it with an inaccurate note saying "recently there have been further development of his backstory with suggestions that he is actually a mutant himself" when, in fact, all we've had is a single story where he has made such a claim.

There's no in or out of story evidence to support his claim, while there is evidence, both in (we've seen the limb removed and taken to pieces, displaying the internal mechanics) and out (at least two handbook entries prior to the claim of being a mutant saying that he is a cyborg and at least three handbook entries since the claim still saying he is a cyborg and specifically rebutting the mutant comment) of story against it. So, all we have to support his claim in the face of strong evidence that is his word, and he's a mentally unhinged, immoral and deceitful individual, which means his word alone lacks any real weight. So to remove the information that clarifies and confirms his cyborg status and only mention that he might be a mutant is misleading.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@X35: @lokiofmidgaard: ok settle down kids, I gotta side with loki on this one, his evidence is very compelling and the removed data should be re-added to make it clear what he is and that at one point there was another claim that was never substantiated. I'm surprised you are fighting this X, you usually follow the handbooks like a bible.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By X35

@pikahyper: whoa whoa whoa.......this is were i was getting annoyed by that condescending guy........i haven't removed anything, i was adding stuff mentioning he was a mutant which that guy was subsequently removing or adding crap like "but this is wrong" afterwards..

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@X35: well if that's the case then would you mind re-adding the missing data that someone deleted? I'll watch the page over the weekend and look for people messing with it.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By X35

@pikahyper: No, because "it's wrong and incorrect".

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

ok everybody just leave it be for a couple days, razz will handle it when she is here I'm goin to bed.

lokiofmidgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By lokiofmidgaard

@X35 said:

@pikahyper: whoa whoa whoa.......this is were i was getting annoyed by that condescending guy........i haven't removed anything, i was adding stuff mentioning he was a mutant which that guy was subsequently removing or adding crap like "but this is wrong" afterwards..

First, I wasn't being condescending. I was getting frustrated, because you seemed to decide to ignore the evidence I put forward and just changed the page anyway to what you wanted it to say, so I did repeat myself restating the evidence again. Second, you did remove stuff - there was a note some way down the page about the conflicting accounts that had been there for some time which someone (I presume you, and if not you then I apologise) removed. Third, what I added wasn't "crap" - saying that is being unneccesarily rude. I simply added that there was a conflict between his one-time claim of being a mutant and the evidence given (multiple times) in the comics, noting the evidence for him being a cyborg (just as the handbooks did) and what the handbooks said about this conflict.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By RazzaTazz
@X35@lokiofmidgaard: This is Marvel stuff so a little out of my domain, but the content in it is not.  If there is any debate about the origin or status of a character, don't have a fight about it in a wiki page talk it out beforehand.  But if there is any confusion then leave it on the page saying something like "there is some confusion/uncertainty as to the origin of the character's powers.   Some stories seem to indicate mutation, others seem to indicate cybernetics."  When it is eventually said outright then take out the part that is wrong.  If the handbook cannot be taken as canon (I guess things do change) then stick with that for now.  
Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#88  Edited By Xanni15

Dark Avengers

I know the FAQ says to not list the members of a team out but in this situation since there were like 3 different sets within one team, was it okay or should I have just left the paragraphs? :]

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By RazzaTazz

@Xanni15: No that is good :)

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Xanni15

@RazzaTazz:

Does the Speedster page need to look more like that one, if it's okay to ask? :]

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By RazzaTazz

@Xanni15: Should have the standard team page format :)

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Xanni15

@RazzaTazz: Oh! I can't believe I missed that one. :]

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By RazzaTazz
X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By X35

@RazzaTazz: Eugh god. Marvel need to get over that Tron Legacy fetish.

They're still redesigning some of their characters with that horrid neon stripe look.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By RazzaTazz
@X35: yes sure, but this was specifically to look like Tron.  
X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By X35

@RazzaTazz: Yep... and it never ever ended. xP

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By X35

@RazzaTazz: Ooooh, i got one I can add to that

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By RazzaTazz
@X35: That is the idea of an interactive wiki :)
Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Xanni15

This is the first time, I think, that I've done a location page. I wasn't sure about the order or even the sections needed. Like should Major Story Arcs and Other Media come before the list of inmates? Any feedback would be appreciated. :]

Blackgate Penitentiary