Should HC and TPB be added to CV?

jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By jamesewelch

I was just searching for Usagi Yojimbo: Yokai HC and I couldn't find it here. I was wondering, if we should add HC or TPBs or not. I don't think this HC is a compilation of issues, it's a one-shot standalone (I think).

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By danhimself

the hardcover that you posted the link to is a compilation and to answer your question....no trades and hardcovers should not be added to the wiki since the individual issues making them up are already added....it would be to confusing for new readers....now if a graphic novel is released that is not a compilation then yes that should be added

jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jamesewelch

I'm pretty sure that HC is not a compilation. The description states that it's an original story. I have the HC, but I don't have all of the UY issues, so I can't be certain.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty
@danhimself said:
" the hardcover that you posted the link to is a compilation and to answer your question....no trades and hardcovers should not be added to the wiki since the individual issues making them up are already added....it would be to confusing for new readers....now if a graphic novel is released that is not a compilation then yes that should be added "
Sorry, but trade paperback collections are added.  If you type 'Essential' into the Search box, then you'll see a list of the old phonebook sized trades of early Marvel titles. 

I used to think that too.  But ComicVine is all for comicbooks.  It can get confusing, but as long as the title is correct & something is mentioned in the overview page for the volume, then hopefully it will be clear enough. 

We don't appear to have any of the Usagi Yojimbo collected editions.  But Yokai is an original Graphic Novel.  I say it should be included.  
xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xerox_kitty

LOL!  The same goes for Original Graphic Novels.  Like Usagi Yojimbo: Yokai... which jamesewelche was asking about ;)

afierce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By afierce

Pardon the amateur question, but what exactly is the indicia and where in a book do I check for it?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By gmanfromheck
I would like to see some way to tag HC and TPB to separate them from regular volumes.  I've mentioned it before but haven't gone all out trying to push it.  It's a matter of priorities I guess.  It'd be cool but the code guys are working on even cooler features.  I'll bring it up again.

@afierce: "Indicia" is the tiny fine print usually in the front of most comics and the last page of DC books.
jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jamesewelch
@G-Man: 

I think that would be a good idea. I picked up another TPB "Serentity: Those Left Behind" and the title in the TPB indicia is the exact same as the 3 issue's volume name. So I would like to add it, but I think it would look funny to have a TPB in the same CV volume as the 3 issues. The other option is to have another volume with the same name as the volume with the issues ( Serenity: Those Left Behind), but it would have the TPB there.
xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By xerox_kitty

The code guys have so much to work on... but yes, a separate feature of trades would be very cool.  Something that somehow ties in to the original comics, to tell you which issues are collected.