Q about multiple volume versions

Arjuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arjuna

I'm kinda new to this site.  I'm familiar with Giantbomb, so I think I have a good idea how to edit and have done a few edits on both sites.  I've watched the tutorial videos but I'm not sure about something:

I want to complete the entire Japanese manga "Alita" series edits.  A problem I'm having right now is that there are two versions.  I see someone has basically added some of the original english volumes; but those volumes are the early 90s releases.  In the past years, Viz has been re-releasing them with different cover art and another english translation.  This newer english translation has different volume titles.  For example, volume 2 was originally called 'blue skies'(somethin' like that), but the newer version I have is called "Tears of an Angel" with, like I said, different cover art.

What should I do?  Should I fill in the edits under the original 90s version?  Should I somehow create another page for the newer version?  I'm thinking I should somehow edit the original version's title with an "a.k.a", while also uploading the newer cover art.  The only problem I see with this is if someone is searching for a volume by title(I think most people would search by voume # though).

Hope I'm being clear.
Arjuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Arjuna
@aztek the lost said:
" Now, I saw four Battle Angel Alita volumes on this site (which is what I assume your talking about) and I have no idea what is what and which is which...but based on your question about whether or not you should make a new page...I don't know what the official site policy is and I suggest you maybe wait for someone else's opinion but I made a volume for Blood: A Tale by Vertigo even though it was just a reprint (with different covers) from the Epic volume, Blood: A Tale. But like I said, I really don't know what site policy is on these things, in my mind they are two different volumes considering different publishers, covers, etc. so why not be added as different volumes on the site?  I mean what about trades or reprints where the title of the series was changed, those get added to the site. So I wouldn't object to you making a new volume for the Viz version (or adding to the existing Viz one, like I said I can't tell what all four of those volumes are supposed to be) but that's my sole opinion...I don't know of site policy on this unfortunately. "
I think you're right.

Not only is it a different volume title and volume cover, but the translation from Japanese is new so the language is different.