Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

Hey people:

I am putting a new texteditor (aka: wysiwyg) on the site.  For those not in the know, I'm talking about the box you type your messages in here on the site.  The moderators having been testing the new editor for a while now, and now it's your turn.  For now I am putting the editor in the Forums, Comments, PM, Review section of the site.  We'll wait to put it into the wiki once we test it somemore.

All in all the new editor should be easier to use and will allow us to add new features to it with greater ease.  Any way feel free to hit me up with any questions or bugs about it.

-LAMP

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.
@aztek the lost said:
" don't know if my problem has anything to do with this, though it only started about the time you made this post so maybe there related? but I can't seem to add new images to the site anymore from my desktop, the button is there but I can't click it "
Refresh and try again.  If it's still not working, then let me know what browser/os.   Also where exactly is it not working for you?
Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 2

Hmm I thought something looked different

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Darkchild

Im liking it

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

it took me awhile to get used to it and im not a great fan of the images stuff.. otherwise it rocks

Avatar image for giuseppe_riccadonna
Giuseppe Riccadonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It allows me to use Internet Explorer when I go on this website now so I'm happy!
Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8  Edited By Dreadmaster
@Giuseppe Riccadonna said:
"It allows me to use Internet Explorer when I go on this website now so I'm happy! "

YES!!!
TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#9  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I'm getting use to it, I like the new header choices and the insert button

Lady Nightmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Lady Nightmare

yesterday when i tried posting pics i add two pics[to thepost] then remembered that wanted to post two[same post] more but when i added the second set it didnt show

Stryke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Stryke

A little confusing at first, but I understand! I liky this new thing

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#12  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

The image thing is giving me a huge headack, when I type something and then put a image under the text I had just typed, the text goes away and it's just the image I inserted when I hit the post button
Strife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Strife

I can't send images in pm's with it?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#14  Edited By xerox_kitty

LAMP, what versions of IE is CV compatble with?  I've just learnt that my work have upgraded (it's long overdue) to IE7, but it still wont format Headers & Sub-Headers.  It also has problems with the new Link insert (which I don't have when browsing with Safari from home), where it will either ignore the link request completely, or remove the highlighted text that's meant to be transformed into a link. 

Otherwise, it's pretty nifty.  No problems with Safari or Firefox, just with crappy old IE.

LastSon1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LastSon1027
@Red L.A.M.P.: I like the new look, only one problem, I still can't post on my iPhone any chance us iPhone users will ever be able to comment and post on the vine from our beloved phones?
Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

Just fixed a bug that makes the "insert" drop down in the toolbar unusable when writing Reviews for the site.

@LastSon1027 said:

" @Red L.A.M.P.: I like the new look, only one problem, I still can't post on my iPhone any chance us iPhone users will ever be able to comment and post on the vine from our beloved phones? "
I'm thinking I can just replace the editor with a plain textarea for iphone users.  Gonna look into that soon.  @xerox-kitty said:
" LAMP, what versions of IE is CV compatble with?  I've just learnt that my work have upgraded (it's long overdue) to IE7, but it still wont format Headers & Sub-Headers.  It also has problems with the new Link insert (which I don't have when browsing with Safari from home), where it will either ignore the link request completely, or remove the highlighted text that's meant to be transformed into a link.  Otherwise, it's pretty nifty.  No problems with Safari or Firefox, just with crappy old IE. "
I test the code on IE 7 with XP and IE8 with Vista.  Both those versions of IE should work, but honestly right now it works best on FF and Safari.  I'm still working on the code so it will get better.
Day Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By Day Hunter

I like it other than when I enter sub headers I can't get out of sub headers.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By Supreme Marvel

I love it. As my status says :D

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By Son Of Storm

I thought something was different but i LOVE whats been done.

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By lagoon_boy
its more difficult to make a link ? !!!
Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.
@aztek the lost said:
" I see this has now been added to the wiki...would that be the reason why the site has been screwy on Firefox? "
It was added to the wiki about 10 minutes ago.  When/What about the site is screwy on Firefox, and which version and OS?
crazywolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By crazywolf

When creating a link, shouldn't I highlight the word then click the link icon? I can't add any links. I can do edits for other stuff except links. Tried to post a link just now and that does not work either.
Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.
@crazywolf said:
" When creating a link, shouldn't I highlight the word then click the link icon?  "
Yes.
Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its more  convenient and then some to use then the old style. thanks. i can see where it will be easier
for you to add more features as well. gotta commend this site for having interactivity like no other comic site.

Avatar image for marshal_victory
Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By Marshal Victory

awsome format for posts. one problem is with the images in profiles. if one has the screen magnified ( as i did ) it shoves part of the comfirm menu off screen. not the editors fault tho. one can also copy images an past to a post instead of linking image.brillant!
Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.
@aztek the lost said:
" @aztek the lost said:
"

as an added note (I'm on some IE browser now but I don't think that makes a difference) in the mod queue there is no longer a "See Live"/"See Difference" button to moderate the bios

"
is there a fix for the mod queue in the works? "
I think Coonce is on it.
Avatar image for captain_cascader
Captain Cascader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By Captain Cascader
@aztek the lost said:
" @aztek the lost said:
"

as an added note (I'm on some IE browser now but I don't think that makes a difference) in the mod queue there is no longer a "See Live"/"See Difference" button to moderate the bios

"
is there a fix for the mod queue in the works? "
This is fixed.