Justice League vs. Justice League of America

Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fhiz

So, with the announcement of DC's new "justice league of america" it's quite clear that there are two very different justice league books here. This sort of brings up a question for what to do with the data base, as currently in the Justice League book (and all The New 52 titles) anytime the JL shows up, it's just listed as "Justice League of America."

Now, I remember Cry for Justice which spawned the Justice League (Cry for Justice) team, so that begs the question, do we make a Justice League (New 52) team page, so the two can be differentiated? I ask because it's obviously not that simple of subject.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By the_tree

There definitely needs to be some sort of differentiation. There's the Justice League of America from the pre-Flashpoint universe, the Justice League, and the new post-Flashpoint Justice League of America.

Suggestion 1:

• Make a new Justice League of America page with (New 52) for example "Justice League of America (New 52)"
  • Make a new page for the Justice League and just call it "Justice League" or "Justice League (New 52)" then swap out the team appearances on the issue pages, and have all the info on the team page pertain to the post-Flashpoint Justice League.
  • Keep the Justice League of America page name as is and have its information pertain to the pre-Flashpoint Justice League of America.

Suggestion 2:

• Change the original Justice League of America page to just "Justice League" and in the info of the page, put an emphasis on the post-Flashpoint name change.
  • Then create a new team page titled "Justice League of America" and have the info pertain to the post-Flashpoint JLA, and you can have a little note at the beginning of the page saying something like "for the original Justice League of America, see the Justice League page" then have a *link to the Justice League page. *(Similar to the beginning of the The Ray page.)

Just a couple of my suggestions. I personally prefer Suggestion 2.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By moywar700

Man Martain hunter alone gives them a rough time.

Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Fhiz

@The_Tree: Yeah, its just complicated. I'd be against changing the already established team's page name, simply due to the legacy, but at the same time, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman etc is that classic team known as the JLA.

Perhaps making a Justice League (New 52) and Justice League of America (New 52) would be the easiest situation, but it could get a bit messy/confusing.

OR... we may be on to something, just create a new JLA page for this new team about to come out and call it Justice League of America (ARGUS) being that in this universe, Argus is the group who employs this team. That way the classic JLA page could stay, being that the current members of the Justice League are the ones who would usually make up that team.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By the_tree

How about Mod/Editor opinions?

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#6  Edited By RazzaTazz
@The_Tree: I think it makes sense to wait.  At the moment we don't know anything about this team, and it very well could just be the B team (and in this case both could be tagged that way).  Barring all else the Justice League we have now should probably be perpetuated as the Justice League of America as it has the continuous publication history behind it (for instance in things like the roster).  
pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#7  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

I'm with Razz, people need to wait until this actually comes out, people jump the gun way too often on character/team pages and it just causes confusion and most of the time ends up deleted. To me this new roster just looks like the New 52 version of the Justice League Elite so they could end up having some alternate codename for the team and nothing has to be changed on the Justice League page so just give it time.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#8  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

I'm with the above guys.

also: if we do create a page for this team we need distinction between the two team names. Justice League (Cry for Justice was originally just called "Justice League", so when Mercy changed the name (bless her...) I went through that forum and moved a total of 30 or so threads from staff members and normal users because EVERYONE thought "justice League" = "Justice League of America " which is not right and yet at least two users were angry at me for correcting the mistake they didn't know they had made. So, I want distinction between the names if we do create new pages. Just my two cents.

Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fhiz

@The Poet said:

So, I want distinction between the names if we do create new pages. Just my two cents.

Yeah, obviously, that's the big one.

Anyways, fine with the wait and see, but if early buzz is anything, a decision might need to be made on Wednesday :P

Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Fhiz

So, figure that this should be brought up again. Two very different, distinct teams with different purposes. The Justice League, which for all intents an purposes is the traditional Justice League of America, and now this new JLA with all new members/purpose... so what do we do?

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By X35

@Fhiz said:

So, figure that this should be brought up again. Two very different, distinct teams with different purposes. The Justice League, which for all intents an purposes is the traditional Justice League of America, and now this new JLA with all new members/purpose... so what do we do?

Ask an X-Men fan?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#12  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

i still say we should merge all of the JL teams pages as one JL page with sections for each incarnation.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By Raw_Material

@moywar700 said:

Man Martain hunter alone gives them a rough time.

This is initially the arguable case here. Whether or not, the 'Big Seven' can actually take on the powerhouse himself, Martian Manhunter is a big question that will effect the fight overall. I believe through combat experience, great amounts of skill, and team charisma will play a huge role in this battle, which I think the JUSTICE LEAGUE has the upper hand. The New 52 JLA consists of a whole new generation of superheroes, unexperienced with working as a team and normally uses their own skills and knowledge to win battles rather than cooperating as a whole, which I believe will effect the outcome of the battle. This is very controversial and will lead to many debates about it.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#14  Edited By RazzaTazz

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

i still say we should merge all of the JL teams pages as one JL page with sections for each incarnation.

I would lean towards this for now, just have the alt team listed under Other Versions or Team Evolution for now.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By X35

lol at people thinking this is a battle thread

addikhabbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUMP
BUMP

addikhabbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renchamp: Given the latest information, I was just inquiring on which team would win.

ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@addikhabbo: Well, seeing as it's been bumped, JL would win if Superman could take out MM.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By Saren

@colanicole: @addikhabbo: For god's sake, this isn't a battle thread. Did neither of you notice this is on the Editing forum? Or even read the OP?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By Saren

@colanicole: @addikhabbo: For god's sake, this isn't a battle thread. Did neither of you notice this is on the Editing forum? Or even read the OP?