Issue Editing (Body)

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FearTheLiving

Okay a few questions. I've recently started reading older works (Captain America Comics and Tales of Suspense to name a few) so I thought I should check out their wikis and update them as most of the issues are barren aside from the story titles within. I want to start doing them in a orderly matter so I'm assuming it would go like this for an example.

Stories

• "The Bad Man" - About a bad man who does bad stuff.
  • "The Good Man" - About a good man who does good stuff.
  • "Confused Man" - About a confused man who is always confused.

Trivia

1. First appearance of Bad Man
  2. First appearance of Confused Man.

With the writers, artists, letterers, ect remaining below in under creators. Would this be an appropriate way of going about this? or would it be more a kin to this where the creators are in the body next to each story? Thanks for the help and before anyone says anything I took a look at the wiki thread but it really doesn't say how to present the body of issues all that well and I'm kind of an novice wiki editor.

EDIT: If you have any good examples that would be a good format to follow please post up a link.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2 pikahyper  Moderator

@feartheliving: either way is fine or you can do the story title as headers with text below like:

Story Name 1 h4

Text description.

Story Name 2 h4

Text description.

Story Name 3 h4

Text description.

some users just use bold instead of an h4 for the story titles but the h4 headers look better because of the font and vertical spacing..

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FearTheLiving

@pikahyper: What about a trivia section? I notice some have that info in the story synopsis, but that seems like it should be more of a side thing for the whole issue rather than the story especially when you actually look at character wikis under first appearance (says issue not story title). Also any info on the creator thing I linked to? With the creators credited underneath wasn't sure if that would be redundant.

Other than that, some good information. I'll start converting some of the issues as I read, really want to bulk up some of this pages and having a neat layout is always a plus in my book.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 pikahyper  Moderator

@feartheliving: having the creators in the description is indeed redundant and I'm not a fan. As for trivia eh, some users add it but I'm not really a fan, the first issue appearance shows up on the parent wiki page so it is redundant.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: I definitely agree with the creator thing, but trivia I can kind of get, only because they would only effect the issues of importance, and they aren't already on those pages, creator stuff is right under all of it.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FearTheLiving

@pikahyper: @renchamp: Alright, sounds like I'll be leaving Trivia out of it at least first appearance wise.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Would it be acceptable to use all caps for story titles on issue pages? I mean if I am quoting the title and the title itself is in all caps that would be the logical step, however that doesn't seem to be the case on these pages and I definitely don't want to start doing that if it's frond upon, and eventually be changed back anyways.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 pikahyper  Moderator

@feartheliving: nah, regular title case is the norm unless it is some kind of word that is always uppercase, so many US comics use all uppercase on the title and story titles that it can make it confusing so we usually just default to title case to be safe plus all caps looks weird.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: I would say most of the comics I've seen use all caps in their titles, however I wouldn't exactly say I have a vast knowledge of comics. So far it works in my spreadsheet so I'm fine with it, but I suppose it doesn't work for everyone so I'll stick to the norm on the wiki. Thanks for all the quick feedback.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 pikahyper  Moderator

@feartheliving: aesthetically pleasing is always good on a web site :P

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FearTheLiving
@pikahyper said:

@feartheliving: aesthetically pleasing is always good on a web site :P

Different stokes for different folks. :-D. I use to write in green on other forums I visited, I loved it....other people not so much. lol

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pikahyper  Moderator

@feartheliving: I build web sites for a living so I have to make things appeal to the majority :P

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FearTheLiving

@pikahyper: No worries I'm not complaining, but kill me now if the majority ever gets into something really out there like 1337 5p34k or SoMeThInG LiKe ThIs!

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 pikahyper  Moderator
pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 pikahyper  Moderator

@renchamp: I think that is more common sense then standards :P

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 pikahyper  Moderator

@renchamp: true, modern society doesn't really have common sense any more.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renchamp said:

Thank goodness for standards on websites, otherwise an argument could be made that all character names should be capitalized since most comics use all caps as lettering. Yikes.

Was that suppose to be a shot at me? Friendly one aren't you.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator
FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renchamp: I apologize, I hope you can understand why I might have thought it was.