How to delete or replace images

Hellnbak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hellnbak

Ok, so I have editing privileges now, and have a few questions.  The images now on the site (Famous Monsters Of Filmland) are all just scans found on the internet.  Mine are covers that have been painstakingly restored to pristine condition, and much higher resolution.  So, how exactly do I go about replacing the old ones with the new ones?  I see no sense having both of them on there, if one better represents the cover.  Do I contact the person who originally put them there?  Also, how do I go about replacing one of them that I put there, with a version that I have made some changes to?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Well, you need 5,000 (I think) points to change a main image. 

Removing Content - Used for removing covers for issues, like what you need done. Since there are only your cover and a lesser quality cover, yours will become the main image.
Main Picture Changing - Change the main picture of a character, team, thing, issue, etc.

Hellnbak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hellnbak

Thanks for your reply, but even after reading all that stuff, I'm still not clear about whether or not I can replace an image that I posted with an improved image, or whether I need to request to have a moderator do it for me.  I have over 5,000 points. 

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
@Hellnbak: if you are able, there is a little read icon that looks like a ribbon beneath the picture that says 'Make Default Image.' You must be in edit mode for it to appear.
Hellnbak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hellnbak

Thanks, but I know I can make my image the default image, I've done that.  What I need to know is if I can replace an image I've posted with an improved image.    If I posted the original, without the blessing of a moderator, it just makes sense to me that I should be able to replace that image if I deem it necessary. 

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
@Hellnbak: no one but mods and staff can remove the old images. Us the removing content thread so they can take them off. It's a safeguard, not everyone with live edit is necessarily trustworthy. This is only true of issue covers, you can delete your own images from character galleries. If you make a mistake and upload the wrong cover, or find a better one, you need to ask the mods to remove it.
xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#7  Edited By xerox_kitty
@jloneblackheart said:
"Removing Content - Used for removing covers for issues, like what you need done. Since there are only your cover and a lesser quality cover, yours will become the main image."
'Nuff Said :)
Varient

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Varient
@jloneblackheart:
So @ 5k,.. I can replace some of those aweful pictures? 
hmph,... a reason to keep submitting......
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
@Varient: I think it's 5K. I'm pretty sure. It was a long time after I started editing that I actually noticed how to do it, and by that point I had way more than 10K. Just remember, the main picture should be current and not include other characters or dialogue.
Avatar image for arcdragonbreath
arcDragonBreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@majinblackheart do you think you could delete a photo for me? i cant seem to do it