Creation section on a character page?

BlueEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 13

I was just working on a character page and noticed that it was not in the proper format, so I edited it together. My question is though, that the format seems to be from a time before the site was rebooted, and so therefore is it really necessary to have a creation part in the text of the character page when the information is also located to the right side of the page. For some characters like Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman or Spider-Man, there might be an exception as the character creation is so important and analyzed, but for most it seems redundant. In the case of the bigger character that could easily be dropped into Character Evolution.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2 pikahyper  Moderator

@blueecho: The sidebar is just the creators name(s) and link to their page, having the Creation section allows people to give more specific information as needed. Also the sidebar is meant for original creator(s) and creators that made significant changes to a character, a lot of people tend to cram everybody in the sidebar which they shouldn't be doing, anyone that isn't an original or significant creator should just be in the Creation or Evolution section instead.

BlueEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: True, but there is also a section for first appearance. The section on the character page seems to be a combination of the two. I don't mind it or anything, it just seems redundant.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 pikahyper  Moderator

@blueecho: there can be some redundancies, so few people read the guides or ask questions so stuff tends to be added in ways that were not intended as it comes down to users personal preference or interpretation and with a wiki this size it just isn't possible to keep up with what people are doing.

BlueEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Oh OK, it seems as though the FAQ needs a major re-write, the guy that wrote it doesn't seem to have been here in several years. That might help I guess. Also there are something like 5 FAQs in this section.

BlueEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers