Collected editions

sashalav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By sashalav

Why are collected editions handled in different ways: some are organized in volumes and for others, a new volume is created for each TPB.

For an example Fables hardcovers are collected in Fables: Deluxe Edition but Fables TPBs are not.

Chew TPBs are also entered as each one on its own while The Walking Dead and Haunt are well organized into one TPB volume for each series.

I am new here, so I might be missing something obvious, but if there is no good reason to keep things spread around in small bits, I propose Chew and Fables individual TPBs be deleted and issues moved into single TPB volume for each series.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2 pikahyper  Moderator

@sashalav: we do it based on volume naming, if something has a sub-title it is usually split off, if it has sequential numbering it is kept together.

sashalav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both Chew and Fables TPBs I mentioned above do have sequential numbering.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#4  Edited By cbishop

@sashalav: Something like Astounding Wolf-Man, the collected editions only have titles of "Volume 1," "Volume 2," etc., so they're all on one volume page. Invincible collected editions all have individual titles. Invincible volume one is Invincible: Family Matters, volume two is Invincible: Eight is Enough, etc. If those were all under one volume page, you wouldn't be able to find the titles in a search. So if someone comes to the site looking for "Invincible: Family Matters," they wouldn't find it. I point that particular series out, because "Back/Next" links have been added to the volume descriptions, to make it easier to get from volume to volume.

The Walking Dead collected editions should all be under their own headings, because they have individual titles, but nobody has fixed it.

sashalav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you. I was looking at The Walking Dead and assumed that it is done correctly and that all other volumes are wrong.