Change " This" Default Image

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

a thread for declaring if a default image should be changed, especially for in
the case that the default image isnt even right. i noticed while going through
this board that there was alot of topics pertaining to this, and was very encouraged
as well by this thread.  alot of us of course may notice problems but dont have the points to
make these changes.
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/editing-tools/2761/black-lantern-images-as-default/523424/#4
noting somethings xerox-kitty said from that as well. 

Aside from the fact that I hate it when cropped groups images (cropped down to a single character) are used as the Main Image,

I couldnt agree more with this. cropped pictures from scans look like garbage. even worse so when they come from shots with other characters and at the top worst, when the image contains word balloons and captions. there is at least one center solo shot for every character out there that can be used. also, in the case of pictures that seem like they could be used but say have a caption, there are plenty of members here who can pretty the picture up here in programs like Photoshop, myself being one and a request thread
here that can and will make these images presentable. (on a personal note in fact before uploading a bunch of captioned images to 
a gallery, try uploading them to the
request thread, because sooner or later thats where their going to end up with a request to remove any unrepresentable parts). also this i thought was important...

The main function of the main image is to be a visual & recognisable image of that character.  Therefore an up-to-date image is preferable.  However, that doesn't mean we need every change of clothes.  It means we need recognisable imagery.  Superman in red & blue, Flash in red & yellow, Cyclops with his visor, Wolverine with his claws, etc...  

again, same point. good images, and sometimes even a classic one is preferred. as long as tit makes the bio look nice and presentable, and not like garbage. help Cv stick it to wikipedia, lol. characters dont need to have an image just because theyre in whatever costume, they need to have the image that looks best (and in alot of characters cases there are actually alot of them).
though note outside of that it should at least be the right character and right world...

example of Y/N

good
 good

fail
 fail

my first image  is the Masters Of Evil. while this is a good looking image, its actually incorrect as its an alternate 
universe, being the House Of M reality. this is actually a representation of the team The Hoods Gang
http://www.comicvine.com/masters-of-evil/65-7582/ 

nothing wrong with heads talking together to make the site great, rather than everyone flying solo, right?

suggestions? thoughts?
xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty