Can we get a Star Wars forum?

• 64 results
Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

@pikahyper: I'm unsure but i think @jedixman might be ignoring me cause i did try pming him. :c

what happens if he wont respond to this?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#54 pikahyper  Moderator
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#55 JediXMan  Moderator

Alright, fine. I've been busy IRL, but here I am.

I am still against this. First and foremost, the motivation for this page is not to improve the wiki, but to allow for an open Star Wars forum. The forums are a bonus, - not the reason to make pages. The wiki page itself seems like an afterthought to be made in order to satisfy the original goal, which is a new forum.

I think what is being forgotten is that my criticism is not just the above or the TC's layout, but also the following:

@jedixman said:

I don't see the point at the present time, and any "Star Wars" page probably wouldn't be what the TC intended. It would likely be more concentrated on specific attributes. I certainly don't want to make abrupt changes; changes to Star Wars pages on this site have to be done after some planning, which I have been thinking about.

I am not in favor of making this page until things have settled down. Despite what it may look like, there is a lot of work to do regarding Star Wars pages. After that stuff has settled, perhaps we can have a Star Wars page. But adding a hub is not a good idea when we don't even know what the other pages will look like when all is said and done.

There. That's my opinion. It adds nothing but another forum, which is really all the intention is here.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Teerack

@jedixman: Thanks for responding. I thought you were ignoring me for being an idiot before.

But dispute the fact that yeah i do want a star wars bored, how does it not improve the wiki? I mean i think the page I laid out is decent and there isn't anything like this on the wiki page as of right now.

I'm not sure I'm understanding what you're saying. You don't want this page to exist because maybe some day there will be other star wars pages? You said that makes this a bad idea, but that statement doesn't have much logic in it. I'm not sure why that means this page shouldn't exist?

You could also edit the page at any time if there comes a time where you think it needs to be reworked so I don't understand the dilemma? The entire purpose of a wiki is for it to keep growing AND changing to be as complete and accurate as possible.

Didn't you say yourself that the biggest rule on the wiki is to avoid being redundant? If this page is redundant could you show me where the wiki page that covers any thing like this is? and I'm being serious, because wasn't able to find anything on the actual franchise just lots of stuff talking about stuff in Star Wars without explaining what Star Wars is.

It just seems like there isn't actually a reason to be against this beside you not wanting it for some reason... do you just want to be the one who writes all the stars wars wiki pages? or do you think it will take away activity from forums you've made or something? I mean I'm find with that if you want to just over hall everything I've done the way you want it to be. You've said you have ideas and there is work going into other star wars pages right? Can't we talk about it or show some of it or something?

I will just say you are undervaluing the forum itself. It's a lot more then a bonus... this site has a really big and active passionate community... I know you don't care about that, but you really should consider it because it's what makes this entire website work. People keep coming back here because they are able to discuss various things. I mean sure there is news and stuff, but CBR has all of this sites news and more. There are lots of other pages with less value then thing one on the wiki for sure...

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Teerack

@pikahyper:

@jedixman said:

Alright, fine. I've been busy IRL, but here I am.

I am still against this. First and foremost, the motivation for this page is not to improve the wiki, but to allow for an open Star Wars forum. The forums are a bonus, - not the reason to make pages. The wiki page itself seems like an afterthought to be made in order to satisfy the original goal, which is a new forum.

I think what is being forgotten is that my criticism is not just the above or the TC's layout, but also the following:

@jedixman said:

I don't see the point at the present time, and any "Star Wars" page probably wouldn't be what the TC intended. It would likely be more concentrated on specific attributes. I certainly don't want to make abrupt changes; changes to Star Wars pages on this site have to be done after some planning, which I have been thinking about.

I am not in favor of making this page until things have settled down. Despite what it may look like, there is a lot of work to do regarding Star Wars pages. After that stuff has settled, perhaps we can have a Star Wars page. But adding a hub is not a good idea when we don't even know what the other pages will look like when all is said and done.

There. That's my opinion. It adds nothing but another forum, which is really all the intention is here.

Not to beat a dead horse but this guy made a thread here...

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/attention-star-wars-fans-sw-newbie-with-a-few-ques-1653870/#10

And literally all of his questions beside the subjective ones like "is it good" could have been answered through my wiki page that you claimed doesn't add anything to the site...

I wasn't actually going to keep trying to convince you... but it's just the fact that what I've been saying that we need this page now that Star Wars is blowing back up again is actually starting to be proven right. :V

Just saying. You might want to allow there to be a wiki page that you can edit in anyway at any time if you think it needs to be different down the line... since it only adds to the site and takes nothing away.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait there isn't a general star wars thread yet.... what the

I know right? It's crazy and kind of unjustifiable not to have this page. >.<

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#60 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I think this should be revisited. I see tons of threads everyday that should be in a Star Wars forum.

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

^^^

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#62  Edited By Zearing

I think this should be revisited. I see tons of threads everyday that should be in a Star Wars forum.

I agree. If nothing else, I think it should be treated like a universe, and there are tons of universe pages on this site.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Teerack

bump

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#64 pikahyper  Moderator

@teerack: why are you bumping this when you've got your concept page to post under?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: why are you bumping this when you've got your concept page to post under?

I bumped this thread a few seconds after i bumped the other thread before i found out it was made.

Errorinscript

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That would be nice.

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is the difference between this OP and this one?