Are you informed of Post Rejections?

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By FoxxFireArt

I was curious if you are given notice if a posting is rejected. I'm pretty new to the site, and I've been trying to add whatever content I could to the site. I've had a few posts accepted.

I was trying to update the information on the comic Gold Digger: Peebo Tales Summer Fun Special #2.

No Caption Provided
I noticed that originally the character cast had no entries. I added in the main Gold Digger characters, they had profiles on the site; but they aren't the main focus of the story in this series. 
The stars of these comics are the three AI Bombs that were created by Brianna Diggers, but modeled after herself and her two sisters, Gina and Britanny. That's right. They are robotic bombs with their own personalities, though not all blow up. It's just the basic definition of  PEEBO. The plot is basically several short stories of these three robots and their mischievous adventures.

Well, I tried to add the three main characters to the comic's cast, but was unable to. I assumed it was because they didn't have a profile. I went to the "List of Comic Book Characters, Superheroes, & Villains", and I went to Add New Character.  I filled out all the information and I included images of the characters. 
PeeBri, PeeGi, and PeeBrit
I thought about creating just a PEEBO profile and list all three, along with the various other models; but these three have their own personalities and at times their own separate adventure in the main Gold Digger series. 

I believe I made this post on Saturday. My post of adding Gina, Brianna, and Britanny Diggers was added to the Gold Digger: Peebo Tales Summer Fun Special, and the post of information on the comic artist Fred Perry were both approved. I received postings confirming both of these. 

I'm curious if you are also informed if a posting is rejected? Thank you.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

You are informed of rejections, you get a PM and on your Pending Wiki Subs it will say rejected. Usually the mods tell you why it was rejected.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By xerox_kitty

I remember receiving PMs saynig images I tried to post had been rejected.  So if you haven't had anything then they're still waiting moderation.  I know it can be frustrating waiting for a submission to be approved, but the moderators keep insisting on having something called a 'real life'.  So they'll get around to it when they're back online :)
FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FoxxFireArt
@xerox-kitty:@jloneblackheart: 
Thank you very much, the both of you.

I was unsure if you received notification of rejection. Since I had received two positive notifications, and I had done all of this on basically the same day.
I just wouldn't image that there are many new character profiles added.

I'm still pretty new to the whole modification aspect of the site. I've mostly just been enjoying the reviews and articles.
xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xerox_kitty

I find the Wiki side of the site more interesting, as I feel like I'm contributing to the site.  I jsut don't have enough time to do as much as I'd like.  When you're starting out, then it does seem like a huge mystery :)   

I remember most of my edits were pretty small & straight forward, but it took just over three days when I submitted a larger edit.  So I guess it just takes a little time for the mods to be online & check the accuracy of what's been written (if they know the subject).  I don't know if they compare the information to sites like Wiki, but I imagine that would drag the process out too (especially if they have LOTS of new submissions to approve)
FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FoxxFireArt
@xerox-kitty: 
A few minutes ago my submission was approved. Talk about timing lol.
shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator
FoxxFireArt said:
" xerox-kitty:  A few minutes ago my submission was approved. Talk about timing lol. "

The moderation queue was clogged up over the weekend. But yea. Ideally subs would get moderated within 24 hrs, I think everyones been super busy lately.
FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FoxxFireArt
@Shatterstar: 
Thank you for the reply. I completely understand. I am pretty new to the site and I was just curious if you are also informed about rejections.
I guess it's a good thing to be busy. That just means people are adding information to the site. I'm trying to fill out some of the more obscure characters. It's a shame for there to be profiles with no information in them.
shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

Definitely agree, thats a good way of looking at things. You should get a PM when you get a sub rejected or approved unless you changed your notification settings.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FoxxFireArt
@Shatterstar: 
Thankfully, I've yet to have anything rejected. I'm pretty good about my grammar and spelling. lol
I've been pretty busy this past few days. Last Friday I had zero points. Last I checked I have a hundred-sixty points, with many more submissions left to be approved. My favorite comic series Gold Digger as a LOT of blank spaces to be filled. There are a ton of characters from that series that are missing from the site.
xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xerox_kitty

My best advice is to check the Browse > Characters & make sure you filter it to be Alpahbetical.  Just to double-check that the character really isn't there (the search box picks out the most popular characters so sometimes the one you're searching for might get missed off the bottom of the list). 

And don't forget that once you've made the character's page, you need to link them up to the issues they appeared in! :)
xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xerox_kitty
@aztek the lost: LOL... the smiley face at the end helps ;)  If you copy & paste it from now on, no-one will notice ;)
FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FoxxFireArt
@xerox-kitty: 
Trust me, I've checked for the characters. I'm a details oriented person. I'm also trying to fill profiles with pictures. I don't see why a person would create a profile for a character and not post a picture for them, or some of the most basic information. I found a lot of characters that I know of where only the name is listed and maybe the comic of their first appearance. That just seems lazy.
Also, a lot of the Gold Digger issues. The casting of the characters have often times been wrong. They list a character who wasn't even in the issue.
Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FoxxFireArt
@aztek the lost: 
That makes sense. I'm very new to this site. I don't believe I've even been a member for even a month. Though in a week I've earns about 420 points

It's a seriously cool concept for a site. I've been talking it up on my art blog on my deviantArt page. It's still up on my journal. I sort of compared the site to a mixture of wikipedia and Facebook. I should of also added youtube. When I considered the the video reviews.
xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By xerox_kitty
@FoxxFireArt said:
"It's a seriously cool concept for a site. I've been talking it up on my art blog on my deviantArt page. It's still up on my journal. I sort of compared the site to a mixture of wikipedia and Facebook. I should of also added youtube. When I considered the the video reviews. "
I love that comparison of FB & Wiki ;) 

Anyway, you mentioned pictureless characters before.  Sometimes, some of the more obscure characters don't have any images, or any decent quality pictures.  The profile picture is always a set size & sometimes if someone used an image that's too small, it becomes pixelised & distorted :(   

Although there is a sense of geeky satisfaction when you find a character and can give them a decent profile image :)
FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FoxxFireArt
@xerox-kitty: 
Yeah, I've tied to upload some picture or some better quality pictures of some of the Gold Digger series characters. I am having one problem. I can't seem to figure out how to change the character's profile main picture, or the default. I loaded the images in the character's profiles, but I haven't figured out how to make the change. It's been a week now and I'm a little over half way to a thousand points.

I would really like to buy the Gold Digger Source Book that Antarctic Press is selling on their site. They are offering a Deluxe Pack version that is a hard cover book, signed by Fred Perry, and comes with a customized sketch dust jacket. It's about $105.00USD. There are only twenty-five available. There are less expensive versions. That's just the most tricked out packaged.
With that source book I could seriously deck out the Gold Digger information here.